Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Does anyone find this annoying?

  1. #1

    Default Does anyone find this annoying?

    I am not sure where to put this.


    I find it really really irritating when I am chatting to people online and they say their age and then it turns out it isn't their real age and I am upset they have lied to me but to that other person he didn't lie to me because it's how he feels inside him. Also the fact when people say they are female and it turns out their gender is actually male. I feel so lied to because I want serious talk, not role playing crap. When I chat online I say I'm 23, I don't say I'm seven or I'm three or I'm five, etc.


    But those other people don't see a fantasy as a lie and I am sure people who come online and lie about their age and life don't see it as a lie either because it is their fantasy but those people sure get banned on here when they get caught doing it.


    When people do that to me too much, I quit talking to them because I don't know what is real about them and what isn't and I just feel lied to and I hate liars. I want serious talk, not people who live in a fantasy world.

    I don't mind people telling me they are transgender.

  2. #2

    Default

    Calico,

    It's a shame that in this lifestyle, more people aren't straightforward. Frankly, I would like to put 95% of people like us into a blender and then burn the remnants while pouring it over the Grand Canyon, because most of them piss me off. I imagine that it's difficult for you because, being that you're female, you become a magnet for every other horny dude into this interest because of that.

    You are making the right choice in eliminating these people from your contacts if they are not giving you straightforward answers or engaging you in mature and intelligent discussion. You shouldn't need to waste your time with a bunch of morons.

  3. #3

    Default

    It actually doesn't happen often, one of my online friends did that to me when he told me his gf was 28 but she is very mature for her age. Then it turned out she was in her 40's. Then he apologized when I was upset. I guess I should have been more clear in my OP.

    That's one of the reasons why I don't post my screen names in my profile. I don't want to get a bunch of horny men and them getting piggy with me and I have heard how people do post their fake gender or say their fake age because it's how they feel inside them. I find that annoying.

  4. #4

    Default

    If people want to roleplay, they better make sure everyone else know's bout it.

    An as far as the feel inside thing goes, they should still tell you there real age, but just say they like to have fun playing game alot, or soemthing like that.

    But i know how you feel. An it make me jsut as mad

  5. #5
    Mesmerale

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I am not sure where to put this.


    I find it really really irritating when I am chatting to people online and they say their age and then it turns out it isn't their real age and I am upset they have lied to me but to that other person he didn't lie to me because it's how he feels inside him. Also the fact when people say they are female and it turns out their gender is actually male. I feel so lied to because I want serious talk, not role playing crap. When I chat online I say I'm 23, I don't say I'm seven or I'm three or I'm five, etc.


    But those other people don't see a fantasy as a lie and I am sure people who come online and lie about their age and life don't see it as a lie either because it is their fantasy but those people sure get banned on here when they get caught doing it.


    When people do that to me too much, I quit talking to them because I don't know what is real about them and what isn't and I just feel lied to and I hate liars. I want serious talk, not people who live in a fantasy world.

    I don't mind people telling me they are transgender.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Calico,

    It's a shame that in this lifestyle, more people aren't straightforward. Frankly, I would like to put 95% of people like us into a blender and then burn the remnants while pouring it over the Grand Canyon, because most of them piss me off. I imagine that it's difficult for you because, being that you're female, you become a magnet for every other horny dude into this interest because of that.

    You are making the right choice in eliminating these people from your contacts if they are not giving you straightforward answers or engaging you in mature and intelligent discussion. You shouldn't need to waste your time with a bunch of morons.


    Quote Originally Posted by Siege89 View Post
    If people want to roleplay, they better make sure everyone else know's bout it.

    An as far as the feel inside thing goes, they should still tell you there real age, but just say they like to have fun playing game alot, or soemthing like that.

    But i know how you feel. An it make me jsut as mad
    I know what you guys mean, but I hate hearing this shit either way.

    ~~~

    Let me put it this way: Do you like me?

    Even if you don't talk to me often, or at all -- based on what you've seen of me on ADISC, do I seem to be the kind of person that you would typically enjoy talking to?

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    I know what you guys mean, but I hate hearing this shit either way.

    ~~~

    Let me put it this way: Do you like me?

    Even if you don't talk to me often, or at all -- based on what you've seen of me on ADISC, do I seem to be the kind of person that you would typically enjoy talking to?
    In most cases, Mersmerale, my hatred of the people that this kind of lifestyle breeds stops at ADISC. People here have often developed trust, and those who don't get the door slammed in their face when they rightfully deserve it. I have no reason to dislike anybody on this forum, but this does not keep me from getting absolutely disgusted with that (approximately) 95% of people otherwise. Go on any other site related to this interest and you'll regularly see three things that I can't stand:

    1) Men who have no idea to treat women as anything more than objects of their fleeting sexual desire;

    2) Men who pedestal their sexuality over other forms of human interaction;

    3) Men who regularly molest the written language.

    That does not include you, Mesmerale. I won't, however, disguise the fact that most infantilists-or-whatever that have no self control make me want to fucking puke.

  7. #7
    Mesmerale

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    In most cases, Mersmerale, my hatred of the people that this kind of lifestyle breeds stops at ADISC. People here have often developed trust, and those who don't get the door slammed in their face when they rightfully deserve it. I have no reason to dislike anybody on this forum, but this does not keep me from getting absolutely disgusted with that (approximately) 95% of people otherwise. Go on any other site related to this interest and you'll regularly see three things that I can't stand:

    1) Men who have no idea to treat women as anything more than objects of their fleeting sexual desire;

    2) Men who pedestal their sexuality over other forms of human interaction;

    3) Men who regularly molest the written language.

    That does not include you, Mesmerale. I won't, however, disguise the fact that most infantilists-or-whatever that have no self control make me want to fucking puke.
    I was referring to the lying about sex part, but okay.

    I agree with you on all of those points.

  8. #8
    Peachy

    Default

    Lying is something no one should do, as it greatly reduces the chances that you'll ever be trusted, even if you do tell the truth later on.*) That refers to anything you can lie about - age, gender, intentions etc.
    It's one thing to say that you're 30 and male but feel like and want to be addressed and thought of as a 20 year old female. At least the person on the other end can make up their own mind if they want to play along with what is basically a fantasy or not. But flat out lying? No! I like to know who's really behind the screen on the other end, otherwise I may as well talk to a bot while staring at a downloaded picture of some hot girl.

    Peachy

    *) Reminds me of the old German saying "Wer einmal lügt, dem glaubt man nicht, und wenn er auch die Wahrheit spricht", which, I believe, has no English equivalent and means exactly what I said above.

  9. #9

    Default


    There are actually two conversations going on right now in the forums about this very topic. I think you'll find a lot of like-minded people there, and you'll see that you are not alone in disliking being lied to.

  10. #10

    Default

    I've been lucky enough never to have this happen to me so far. I wouldn't like it to either. If it was clearly fantasy then I would tell them to be sensible. If they still refused to talk sense then I imagine I wouldn't want to talk with them. If it wasn't clear that they were lying, and I happened to find out that they were, I wouldn't give them an opportunity to prove themselves. If a lie is realistic then it feels like it is less a fantasy, and more an intent to deceive, at least in my opinion. I suppose I am just lucky that I haven't come across it yet.

    You definitely aren't the only person who doesn't like it though, either as a concept or from experience.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone else find that...?
    By glassyeyedbb in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 16-Mar-2009, 22:39
  2. Where would I find something like this?
    By dillan221 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-Feb-2009, 17:55
  3. This is definitely a find...
    By adaffme149 in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 14-Feb-2009, 02:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.