Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swim diaper

Default Swim diaper

Anyone ever buy any of the swim diapers? I think it would be loads of fun to go in a pool with a swim diaper on. The only thing is, you'd have to wear a swimsuit on top just in case you saw anyone you knew lulul. I'm just wondering how well they work, for when I move out of my parents home. I've been tempted to try them and put them on my wish list. What do you think? Oh, and I don't know how wide I am around the waist. Are tape measures pretty accurate in judging waist length or are there better methods?
    Last edited by Ch3stersGhost; 28-May-2009 at 18:53. Reason: Fixing and adding a ,

I never tried them, but from what I understand, swim diapers are not absorbant. They just collect fecal mathers and let the pee flow out.

Elli

I've not tried a swim nappy.

But as for waist measurement, either use a soft (fabric type) tape measure, or use a piece of string to measure your waist, then hold the string against another sort of measure, such as a metal tape measure or a paper one from IKEA!! :p Also, if you already have nappies that fit well, yu could measure those perhaps.

Elli

bob111 - I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    I never tried them, but from what I understand, swim diapers are not absorbant. They just collect fecal mathers and let the pee flow out.
    Into the water? Where does it flow out into?

soren456

Quote Originally Posted by Paxaman0 View Post
    Into the water? Where does it flow out into?
    It goes to Heaven.

Of course it goes into the water around you. It's the same as peeing in the pool.

Darkfinn

I have two swim diapers.

The first one is a pull-on from Gabbys in Canada. It's kinda cute...

The second is a velcro-on from DTO that I ordered through XP Medical.

It is interesting to go to a pool or the beach with a swim diaper on... but I always wear trunks over it to avoid attracting unwanted attention.

The guys are right... swim diapers aren't meant to absorb urine... only fecal matter. I haven't seen a diaper yet that works when submerged in water.

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    That's why they work.

regular diapers would swell up with water if you were to swim in them. It would make it heavier and hard to swim. Swim diapers are meant to release urine. That's why there is always so much chlorine in public pools.

I didn't know they made swim nappies for adults :P

But anyway, nah, I haven't tried, and I don't really want to either.

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    I've not tried a swim nappy.

But as for waist measurement, either use a soft (fabric type) tape measure, or use a piece of string to measure your waist, then hold the string against another sort of measure, such as a metal tape measure or a paper one from IKEA!! :p Also, if you already have nappies that fit well, yu could measure those perhaps.
    Or just look at you pant or underwear size.