View Poll Results: See Title (Look in intro forum if you don't get it)

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like/tolerate them.

23 53.49%
  • I dislike them.

11 25.58%
  • Why do you have so many threads?

9 20.93%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of "Interview Me" threads?

Default What do you think of "Interview Me" threads?

Share your input. I wanted the People's Voice™ from another KovalThread™ before I made one, if I do, so as to make sure I wouldn't be annoying.

Please vote and post if you want to share your opinion.

I'm not a fan, but then, I don't spend so much time in the greetings forum. so i dont care much what people do.

Feels like one of those Facebook fads ("25 Things About Me", etc) that's caught on quickly. I don't hang around the Intros area, but I do like the idea of getting to know members better. Though isn't that what PMs are for?

Who the fuck cares. If you want to make one, then make one. Making a thread that's asking people if you should make a thread just seems spammish, and doesn't help people to think you're making a thread just for a hell of it. I'll admit that the interview thing is going a bit crazy, but there are always fads like that, so just either go with the flow, or stay out.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Who the fuck cares. If you want to make one, then make one. Making a thread that's asking people if you should make a thread just seems spammish, and doesn't help people to think you're making a thread just for a hell of it. I'll admit that the interview thing is going a bit crazy, but there are always fads like that, so just either go with the flow, or stay out.
    This.

Really... honestly... who cares. It'll be cleared in a few weeks anyway.

Let people have their fun.

I'd rather get to know people through their forum postings. An "Interview me!" thread feels more or less like a self-fellatiating ego-trip than anything else. Not that self-fellatiating ego-trips can't be fun! But...

dprdinky

Listen I haven't voted and don't know if I will. Not enough for me to vote the way I want to.

Question: Why can't it be separated from the Intro thread? It's really not part of introduction, but seems to be a little of finding out people.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by dprdinky View Post
    Question: Why can't it be separated from the Intro thread? It's really not part of introduction, but seems to be a little of finding out people.
    It's a fad. It'll go away in time. No use creating a whole section for it.

As Dawes pointed out, it can be a little impersonal and egofeeding, but it is certainly interesting to an extent nonetheless. People's best topic of interest is themselves after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Are you calling me spammish? Look who's talking.

I'm not creating this thread just for me, but I wanted a general opinion as to what people think.

I think it was a cool idea, but it's become cliche and a bit annoying now. I'll get over it and probably just ignore most of them.