Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Movies

Default Emotional Movies

What are some movies you have cried at or almost cried at. I can only remember 3 that have made me so emotional (I just watched Benjamin Button again, and cried a little...I'm still tearing up when I think about it)

So my list is

Benjamin Button
    Terminator 2 (it's sad when he dies)
    Cast Away (losing Wilson)

I think I fry quite easily; nearly cried whilst watching Blackadder the other day.

Although I'm struggling to remember a film that made me cry... Probably because I don't often watch tear-jerking stuff.

The Fox and The Hound is probably the most recent film to nearly make me cry.

DominatingMommy

Edward Scissorhands makes me bawl my eyes out. I'm not sure why.

I think the one movie that does provoke a small emotional response from me is the end of The Planet of the Apes, the original film, not that crappy-ass remake from 2001- Where Charlton Heston sees the Statue of Liberty, and breaks down on the beach. I LOVE that scene. That always provokes an emotional response in me.

WildThing121675

Mesmerale

Lion King....

I haven't ever cried at a film but there certainly have been ones with emotional moments -
    Saving Private Ryan
    Armageddon
    Saints and Soldiers
    Taking Chance
    Of Mice and Men
    24 - when Palmer was assassinated (seriously, I actually nearly cried at that)

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    That part almost dragged some tears from me. When you think about it, you wouldn't expect it to be of that nature, ("Oh no, he lost his ball with sticks poking out of the top and a hand print on it!") but it is sorta emotional. The music that played during that scene was amazing also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    What are some movies you have cried at or almost cried at. I can only remember 3 that have made me so emotional (I just watched Benjamin Button again, and cried a little...I'm still tearing up when I think about it)

So my list is

Benjamin Button
    Terminator 2 (it's sad when he dies)
    The Notebook. And Big Fish.

I do not cry at movies... /grunt /grunt /flex

But I do get teary eyed at many of them

Lost and Delirious... lovely movie. "I rush into the secret house..."

The Notebook...

A Walk to Remember...

Legends of the Fall...

Edward Scissorhands... "because you asked me to"... how can you not love that guy...

The Last Samurai... oi I lose all credibility here... >.< Really I don't get why so many people hate this movie... And it baffles me why the whole "Tom Cruise is the last samurai???" goes on. I always wonder if Last of the Mohicans got a similar rap even though it was plainly obvious that the non-native american main character was in fact not who was being referred to in the title.

I digress...

Really, if something is well acted (even if only a part of it) and something important is happening to a character, I get really into it. But I watch movies and read books differently than most people. It's a very engrossing act to me; I'm very affected by such things. I was pissed off for a week after watching Seven after watching the end... and I even saw the end coming very early into the movie.

Hell I get wrapped up in TV shows... Battlestar Galactica was like a long, geek, sci-fi chick flick. True Blood... Carnivale'...

I cry at the drop of a hat, so any movie gets me, unless it some action flick, but anything just a little sappy gets me.