Thread: Do you go searching for information you know you shouldn't have?

Default Do you go searching for information you know you shouldn't have?

Just a curious question as I often find myself trying really hard to know things you shouldn't know. Don't know why, I just want to know it. For example, it'll be 3am or something and I'll desperately be trying to find information that's correct but the public doesn't know, why do I do this? Is it wrong for me to want to know things the government is hiding or whatever? Is it really wrong or no?

So, do you go searching for things you shouldn't be knowing?

No information out there is information I shouldn't have -- otherwise, I wouldn't be able to find it.

That's true, but I still like to go try and search for things I shouldn't have. I would love so much to go snooping around secret military bases just to see what their doing and all, but one base I would try and do that I would end up busted long before I got to it I guess I'll just have to live with wanting to know but can't find out

I have always had an insatiable curiosity. If I have a question i cannot rest until I find the answer. It is almost an OCD like compulsion.

I had that tendency when I was young, I thought it was cool to find explosives recipes, drug recipes, to seek out the hidden. I liked anything to do with subliminal communication, religious history (Now where did those gnostic gospels go?) or poking my nose into anything taboo. Now much of that is exposed and available , and the allure has worn off. Partly because of getting responsible in my old age (brewing dangerous substances now seems needlessly risky) - and partly because much of the "secret information" turns out to be boring and unsensational. That was the real secret, and discovering it was a letdown.

If knowledge is power (while an incorrect statement imo)... then knowing such things makes you like a little super hero lol.

For me, it's not so much knowing things you shouldn't know... but having a large and diverse pool of knowledge... basically Anthony Hopkins in The Edge is my role model.

But there's definitely a certain appeal to state and/or religious secrets for sure.