Thread: Thank you to our veterans.

Default Thank you to our veterans.

Memorial Day is tomorrow. With this in mind, here is a few words to honor those who have given so much for our countries.

The Veterans, past and present, need to be remembered. The WWII veterans saw the world change. They have lived with the horror of war for six decades now. Korean and Vietnam Veterans carried their generation through the perils of their time. The first Gulf War brought the horrors of war to the next generation of veterans. I extend my thanks to the Cold War Veterans who stood at the ready waiting for the world to end while praying to never be called upon to complete their mission. Generations past have sacrificed so much for us. Thank you!

Over the years, so much has changed. Machine guns are a century old now; Nuclear weapons entered the world six decades ago; the draft was ended over three decades ago. With so many changes, one thing has remained constant; each generation has had those who stepped forward to defend their generation from the perils of their time. Our newest generation volunteered to serve in order to protect our homeland from the horrors of war. For this, we must lend our support and thanks to our sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters. Thank you to those who served with me and to all of those who have come after.

Thank you for remembering us Vets!

RIP. LCPL Michael S Torres...KIA Anbar province Iraq 05

I always remember our veterans on Memorial Day.

It's our veterans that give us the opportunity to do exactly what we're doing today.

Thank you to all like Jeremiah said much better than I ever could. Past or present, still here or long gone, I am honored to live in the shadow of these bravey men and women. My father gave 21 years of his life to be sure I had a safe place to grow up in. My uncle, who I never met, gave his life for it, as well as one of my best friends. Not a day goes by that I can't be anything but thankful for that.

Fellow ADISCers, don't be shy about thanking our veterans. If you see someone wearing a hat showing that they once served, or a patch, or hell, even see that they're in uniform, walk up to them, shake their hand, and thank them for what they are doing for you. You'll make someone's day, because you haven't forgotten what so many others in our country forget about on a daily basis: Humility, respect, and honor.

I also would like to thank all our brave men and women, past and present, who are serving proudly to keep the light of freedom and liberty burning bright.

God bless you and keep you out of harm's way.

Many thanks to those who have defended the US since it's founding!

I'd like to say thanks to our ex-servicemen (and women) too....

Thanks all you vets. I heard this on Public Radio, Friday. They think the first Memorial Day was celebrated in Charleston,S. C. There was a horrible prisoner of war camp which held Northern prisoners. Many died from diseases and so were buried in a mass grave. In 1865 the freed black slaves went to that site and dissinterred the soldiers, reburying them in individual graves, and gave a memorial service. They did this in peril of their own lives, as they were hated by the defeated South. What a gesture of gratitude.

I wonder if we can ever give that kind of gesture to those who died for our freedoms and liberties. What we must do, however, is never forget their sacrifice.

As how fucked up these recent wars have been, we will always remember these sole people who risked their lives for a better life for their entire country. May God bless their souls and a Happy Memorial Day for us all.