Do They Know? Nah, but Maybe Baby

BobaFettish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I use to buy ahem "herbal remedies" from a friend who made most of her living ebaying toys. Whenever I would come by for "herbal remedies" she would send me home with a toy of some kind. I don't think it was just cover, but more of I think you like this, or it reminds you of something growing up. I appear to be a grown ass man. Did she know?

I had an ex who was into the same nerdery as myself. She got me Batman bedsheets. Having sex on Batman bedding feels naughtyAF. She got me a light saber. She joked how she got me the same thing as her three year old. I never "came out of the crib" to her. She mentioned it as a hard limit before I could tell her. I also understood I was the escape from mother mode. I still wondered, did she know?

My bestie who jokingly calls herself "Mama (her name)" sometimes when looking out for me sometimes. Helping me out when I get sick. Making sure I eat. Eat my greens. We are both like super Star Wars nerds and will always check out the toy section at stores. Feeds me when it's a "taste this" instead of giving me the fork or spoon. Etc... I am like, does she know?

I had a co-worker who had no filter. She was one day talking about this kinky social site called "Fetlife" and she was talking about seeing some weirdos who wear diapers and like being treated like babies on there. I'm like has she looked over my shoulder and seen something. I kept looking at my laptop, didn't acknowledge, and didn't want to even smile. I was like is she on to me. About six months later it happened again, and I noticed she wasn't looking at me. Still I wondered, did she know?

Even though I look like a burly bouncer type who can unintentionally intimidate people, even how when people don't KNOW, I'm wondering when you're close and tight with someone, does it become something they subconsciously pick up on.

Y'all have similar experiences?

You raise an interesting point. To be honest, I don't think it's inconceivable for those close to us to figure out about this side of ourselves, be they friends or family. Sometimes, however, I think it's just freak coincidence when someone close to you brings up ABs.

I too have had and been present for some interesting conversations that practically hit the nail on the head or hit too close to home.

A couple of instances that I can recall came from my Godmother. She has always been a bit of an eccentric, well on one occasion at a family function, within earshot, I heard her talking with some family members about kinks and alternative lifestyles, she brought up ABs and mentioned them in a really positive light. She said it seemed like a really cute and harmless lifestyle and mentioned how she just gets it. On another occasion, Me and my Mother went to visit her and she was talking about how she was having a hard time finding someone and how she might want to try out a few things, one of which she mentioned was finding an Adult Baby. On another occasion, she was reminiscing about when I was a baby, how cute I was and how they use to call me the "Baby Huggie Diaper Boy". In that moment, she playfully nudged me and said, "Don't be too upset, you're still my Baby Huggie Diaper Boy". I was so embarrassed, but taking it in conjunction with the other isolated instances, it really got me thinking, "My God, does she know?". Fortunately, I'm certain it was just happenstance with her, we don't congregate frequently enough for her to have put two and two together, but still, it was definitely a small "do they know?" kind of moment.

Another one happened at one of my University roundtables. A peer was mentioning how she would love to do an Adult Baby photoshoot, because she found that whole scene quirky, weird and kind of cute in a campy sort of way. This was a colleague who I associated with quite frequently, so once again, another "do they know?" moment.

Last one was actually just recently. I went out for an evening with another friend from University. I don't know this friend enough to have revealed this side of myself to him, to date I have only confided in a couple childhood friends and romantic partners. Well on a drive home from hanging out with him and some friends, he started talking about all the weird stuff people are into out there and mentioned ABs. He then capped the conversation with, "Whatever floats their boat. If they ain't hurting themselves or others, I am cool with that" and had a good chuckle about it. I laughed it off awkwardly too. Considering this was a good friend who mentioned it, it got me wondering if he knew or found out as well.

So yeah, you are not alone. I think many of us have probably had a "Do They Know?" moment a couple of times in our lives... or at the very least, something coincidental that got us thinking that.

It sounds like just enough of your baby/little side has come out to give that sort of babyish vibe. Even though they most likely don't know for sure, they have picked up on that and treat/talk to you accordingly. Judging by their positive actions you'd probably be safe if you ever did decide to come out as abdl to any of them. Heck, it probably wouldn't even surprise them either.

I've had people mention they heard or saw something about diaper fetishes to me, a few different ones - and they don't even know I have to wear them for medical reasons. I think it's that it's (AB/DL) starting to be known a bit more, but is significantly "out there" enough to make people remark about it.

@Slomo though I'm like 90% straight, I've had a really awesome Daddy. He looked into my soul one day and told me I needed a little nurturing. Being an Little is the counterbalance to my adult life. I'm nurturing myself. I have a handful I mentor and try to help them turn good into great and great into the best. I'm type A without being an asshole. I'm a super sized personality. I'm in my 40s and have a youthful disposition. Most people my age are older than me. I love the life I get to live, but value being able to check out. Even Superman doesn't always wanna wear the cape.
I think my bestie, my ex wife/mommy, and a few exes really picked up on how I respond to a little nurturing.
I think certain nerderies is good cover. I love it when I have a partner down to have sex in Star Wars bedding.

Like how some gay people come out of the closet, and most people in their life are like duh, we always knew....I kinda feel like my besties reaction would be like that if I "came out of the crib" to her.
She's definitely kinkfolk and our paths haven't crossed yet, tho I'm sure we know people in common.
Ultimately I think would it improve anything if I told her, and I'm not sure it would.
I live in Austin, and we have a great age play scene here, so that's been how I've been social with this peculiar interest.

I have had this happen a few times with my real mother, as a kid around 5 she caught me a few times in diapers and playing with baby toys. As I grow older eventually it was forgotten and it was thought of as a stage I must have grown out of.

But since abdl is becoming more noticed these days my real mother will walk past me and pat my bum sometimes. She will then say things like you were the cutes 1 year old in your little diapers or you are still my cute toddler. It's like she's checking to see if I'm padded.
I have never told her it was not a stage and I am a baby.
She even told my wife (my wife knows Im AB and supporties me as my AB mommy) she saw 12 Stone Babies online (Doc about abdl) and that she though the whole AB lifestlye was so very sweet and cute, wouldn't it be amasing to have a baby forever.
My wife didn't say anything other that ow it proberly would.

I have often wondered if she knows I am a baby and still wear diapers. I just don't wear them around her.

I think awareness and acceptance of us is getting better slowly. One day I hope we get to the point of it being on the level of spanking, ropes, leather, etc... It's just another kink.

About two years ago at lunch at work we were talking about a documentary on tv about people who are in love with their cars. One of the girls mentioned 'yeah, and there are them people who wear nappies as well'.
I think it's the only time I've ever heard it discussed in real life. I felt like they somehow knew, even though they almost certainly don't!

I also remember being 13 and buying my first diapers. Behind me in the queue was a lady and a young child. The child said something like "he's a bit old to buy them" and the lady said "I don't think they are for him"....oops!

This happened during x-mas, I've been out of my parent house on my own for the last 12 years (33 now) anyway we were at mom and dads for x-mas part II - dads side of the family, we were in the present room and my uncle was talking about being stuck in traffic during a bad snowstorm, he said jokingly, next time its going to snow I'm just going to put on a diaper before leaving work to drive home, instantly I caught my mom look at me through the corner of my eye, my gf also kinda tensed up.
Does my mom know? I know she caught me with baby diapers in my closet went I was in my tweens. I know my girlfriend knows since she diapers me now. Did she say anything to my mom? IDK nor am I loosing any sleep over it.

I'm always a little self conscious when diaper commercials are on tv. Like I don't want anyone to notice me paying attention to the diaper commercial. Usually when I see them, I'm like I wonder how long it will be before our adult ABDL diapers will have this feature or like when are we going to get a good adult sized ABDL pull up?

Back