Spreader Pants?

GumbDrop

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can understand why almost everything an abdl or little does is reasonable, but why spreader pants? Ive never seen a baby with them and they just seem to be appealing to abdls.

I think it’s more to recreate the waddling that babies/toddlers do when they walk.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it’s more to recreate the waddling that babies/toddlers do when they walk.

Spreader pants are used on actual babies if their hip joint hasn't fully formed yet by the time they're out of the womb, to keep their hip in a position where the bones can grow into the right shape. Though they're a comparatively extreme measure even then, in most cases the same can be achieved with a specific method of diapering (I don't know what it's called in English), usually using a thick and slightly stiff layer of cloth.

I think many ABDLs and/or caretakers use them as a type of punishment, cause the position it puts you in isn't very comfortable for adults (unless you can do the splits). Babies don't mind so much cause they're very flexible, but for most adults the stretch will start to hurt after some time. Personally, I kind of see the appeal, but I also think I'd choose a thick cloth diaper over spreader pants any day.

A friend of mine also recently showed me a variant of spreader pants that are made of cloth (I think the core is many many layers of fleece). To me, they look like comically large diapers, but they serve the same purpose of keeping the legs far apart and making a normal walk impossible :D

Back