cloth backed vs poly backed disposable diapers.

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
probably already been addressed in this room but since i was not here for the original post I will put my 2 cents worth in Plastic backed vs Cloth backed disposables. I prefer the plastic backed not because of the baby like factor of the plastic which is what I grew up in but because maybe they give me a false sense of security. A cloth backed diaper at least for me will leak before a plastic backed one will. I also realize that some cloth backed disposables have a plastic liner on the inside but still.
I say if you are worried about being discreet then by all means go with the cloth backed disposable if you need them and don't care who knows use the plastic backed.

I have not tried many cloth backed diapers, I can truly say I have only tried one actually, it was Seni Quatros back 4 or 5 or so years ago, probably the best medical style brand I have ever worn, they fit really good, had a really comfortable soft feeling cloth backing, and they absorbed a lot (Quatro being Portuguese for Four as in 4 Liters, but stated capacity is usually a lot higher than practical capacity), as it seems to go with most medical style brands I have heard they are not as good today as they were then.

The only other "cloth backed" I tried was Tykables Overnights, which I feel are not a true cloth backed diaper anyways, I feel as if they are a "Hybrid" between a true Cloth Backed Diaper and Plastic Backed; having sections with a Cloth-Like cover over Plastic.

Dont get me wrong, i do really like them, the price isn't too bad for their absorbency and it has features as good as just about any ABDL diaper or the better Medical Style Diapers (though I'm not crazy for Tykables Prints), and of course velcro tabs are secure and can be adjusted many times, but they don't roll up as nicely as a true Cloth Backed Diaper or Plastic Backed Diaper (due to having sections of exposed plastic with no cloth like cover) for disposal; all in all they are still one of my favorites (print aside; if you like the print on Bear Hugz from CTDC they seem to be the exact same diaper (I personally like the Bear Hugz print much more)).

One problem with trying to be discreet is if you choose a diaper that isn't capable enough and you leak; that is far more obvious than a thick crinkly diaper (unless you are showing the public your Diaper, which I dont approve of, it makes our whole community look bad), and it seems like a lot of cloth backed diapers are just nowhere near close to how absorbent as a good Plastic Back Diaper.

I like the cloth back tena slip ultima, its the only cloth back ive tried that doesnt stretch out crazy and that doesnt have the issue of the tapes pulling the cloth away from the plastic underneath. I find them more comfortable to wear in summer but now its winter im sticking with plastic back tena slip.

Very few cloth-backed diapers are produced with the effort and resources needed to make it effective and even the best of them feel inferior performance wise to their plastic backed counterparts. Plastic just feels more waterproof to me.

I’ve been wearing cloth backed diapers for 3 months and finally purchased some abena diapers from xp-medical was always leaking through the cloth also kept loosening up all the time. Also didn’t hold as much I have OAB with urge Incontinence. At night I like a cute diaper from Abu plus their super absorbent

No comparison end of story ! cloth are rubbish compared to plastic backed

I prefer plastic too. Cloth is okay, but only if it has the plastic shell underneath....like GoodNites.

Plastic for me because they stay snug and don’t stretch or get loose. Seni Quattro was the only cloth backed I liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back