Thread: An Urge to Binge

curiousitykitten

Default An Urge to Binge

I've already started

it is 4:51 pm and so far i have had breakfeast sausages,tuna wrap,wheat bread, cheese and cracxker pack (through out the day of course)

im feeling a low so im extremelly tempted to just eat whatever i want...all those forbidden foods
    ....and throw it all away,flush it down, and move on

now ive done this hunreds of times...but something inside made me think of posting this i dont know why. perhaps i felt like sharing

im a little afraid ill loose ballance...i broke my foot in 3 places and my ankle so im in a cast for 5 weeks (i just went 1) lol horseplay+me dont mix....silly 1 foot fall D: ! I can't even run untill september if that!

anyways any1 can advise me to have a succesfull binge purge without loosing ballance??? i havent done it in almost 3 weeks partly becuse this cast is making me think ill loose ballance...and my gf flips out at me when i do

but hey why not?

That doesn't sound like an unreasonable amount of food to me for a day, although I suppose it might depend on when you woke up. In any event, that's probably about enough for a while, so go do something else and stop thinking about it. Maybe a piece of fruit later in the evening and you're done. My only advice is probably not particularly useful because it's: stop obsessing about food. Food is wonderful, but overanalzying every bit you ingest or excrete just isn't worth it. There are more important things in life, so go and pay attention to them instead and give no more thought to whether or not you should have had that last cheese cracker.

curiousitykitten

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    That doesn't sound like an unreasonable amount of food to me for a day, although I suppose it might depend on when you woke up. In any event, that's probably about enough for a while, so go do something else and stop thinking about it. Maybe a piece of fruit later in the evening and you're done. My only advice is probably not particularly useful because it's: stop obsessing about food. Food is wonderful, but overanalzying every bit you ingest or excrete just isn't worth it. There are more important things in life, so go and pay attention to them instead and give no more thought to whether or not you should have had that last cheese cracker.
    i woke at 6 am
    i had the wrap at school at 10:30
    sausages and toast for breakky
    crackers at 4 pm

So you're bulimic is what I'm getting from this?

curiousitykitten

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    So you're bulimic is what I'm getting from this?
    uh huh

I dated a girl with bulimia for some years, so I'm hip to the lingo.

It's a hellish, insidious illness, CK. I don't envy you at all. While you're like this, you're never going to be thin enough. You're always going to want to binge, then purge so you don't have the negative effects of the eating (weight gain). It's like you found a loophole.

Rationally you know you should see someone about it, but you also kind of perversely enjoy the binging and purging. Of course I'm going to tell you to see someone about it, but of course you're going to tell me that you know you should, but...and then the excuse. I get it. I've seen it at work.

So...you'll be ready to get the help one day. Right now might not be that time. I don't know, I can't speak for you. In the meantime, just don't do any permanent damage to yourself. You don't wanna wind up like Terry Schiavo, k?