diapers/pullups

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey guys sorry if i asked this question already maybe people's choices have changed

Hey guys I am wondering what brand of diapers/pull-ups should i get to manage my incontinence? what do you guys use? I look forward to hearing from you guys Thanks.

GabeG23 said:
Hey guys sorry if i asked this question already maybe people's choices have changed

Hey guys I am wondering what brand of diapers/pull-ups should i get to manage my incontinence? what do you guys use? I look forward to hearing from you guys Thanks.

Well whats your budget if you don't mind me asking? I don't want to just suggest the flagships and they be way out of your price range.
Also what's your padding preference, Diaper or pull-ups? Are you urinary, fecal or double incontinent? Are you US based or from elsewhere?

Sorry for all the questions, just need a little more info to get an idea what might be good for you >u<

For me my regular go-to diaper is the Abena M4(plastic backed) and Rears boosters, they work pretty alright for me.

hey @jonythepony, My budget is not as limited however i don'tt want to spend a ton of money due to buyers remorse, I am double incontient due to my c.p. I really don't have a preference, Can i add you as a friend on here? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks Gabe.

GabeG23 said:
hey @jonythepony, My budget is not as limited however i don'tt want to spend a ton of money due to buyers remorse, I am double incontient due to my c.p. I really don't have a preference, Can i add you as a friend on here? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks Gabe.

It sounds like proper tape on diapers will be the better option for you considering the chances of a bm.

Do you happen to know what your "output" is, both #1 and#2, would you class your accidents as minor or severe?
What diapers/brands have you tried already?
Are you worried about the bulkiness or is that not an issue for you?

And go ahead and add me if you like :p

Absolutely everyone is going to say BetterDry.
They are crazy absorbent, tall and sturdy standing leak guards and good tapes.
They however are bulky and might be a little overkill if you don't need that much absorbency.

NorthShore Supreme are another great choice.
They are very absorbent, very good elastics and sturdy standing leak guards, sturdy plastic backing and the tapes are decent too.
They're a little bulky even when dry, pretty stiff out of the pack(follow the directions on the pack to soften them up) but still a good diaper for day or night.

ConfiDry 24/7 might also be worth a look.
(I haven't tried these in a few years) They were very absorbent, great elastics and standing leak guards and a thick and sturdy plastic backing.
Only bad thing about them was the tapes weren't sticky enough and would pop off, almost every one I put on would do this.

You can request free samples of these first 3 diapers from NorthShoreCare if you want to try before you buy.

I'll also throw in Abena M4(plastic backed) because I have a personal preference for these but others will say they're absolutely not worth it.
There many downsides these can have such as:
Poorly attached tapes to wings, wonky out of alignment elastics and inner fluff, bad clumping(I use boosters that fix this issue), and pinhole leaks(not as bad as they used to be).
But I like these so much because they fit me better than any other diaper out there(the mediums are prefect for me), they hold an alright amount, the tapes are so sticky they're more likely to tear off the wing or the backing before popping, I get them near $10 cheaper than anywhere else per case from diaperbuys.com, and personally I love that sweet blue racing stripe :biggrin:

(Also, using "@someone" doesn't work here.
Use the "Reply With Quote" button at the bottom right under the post you wish to reply to, it pings the user that they've been quoted.)

Last edited:
Pullups don't work for full blown incontinence. They are made for light, or maybe, moderate leakage. IF you really want to save money then you absolutely have to stop looking at it as a cost per diaper and look at it as a cost per day. Those "cheap" diapers require many more changes which drives up their total cost. Go with a premium diapers and you'll be surprised how much less they cost overall.

As already mentioned, Betterdry is the absolutely best diaper out there. They are also the truly cheapest diaper I have ever come across.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Gabe double IC myself and as the other have said FORGET pull ups it wont work. Sadly you need HA taped diapers as been suggested earlier :graduate:

hey gabe not sure where you are at in the world but if you are here in the USA and are fairly close to the mid west central you could look at northshore they have a line of their own that i feel are very good for the money they have both pull ups and tab diapers and they are really good about helping with samples to

Hey Dwayne, I live in Chicago, and have tried northshore before, maybe i'll try them again. Thanks.

pullups are not a great choice unless you have slight leakage and urgency but mostly control as they are prone to leakage, think of them like air bags in cars, they will save you in the crash but they will also not avoid all the damage and are only good one time.

Thanks for help, also do you know any good places online where i can buy adult diapers that offer free shipping? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks.

Hi GabeG23,

I would say that depends on your IC, your IC level and the way you like to use the the diaper's/pad's. I can tell you just from my own experience that - when my IC started I wear no diapers but pad's.

This was at last for the beginning a good choice for me, because they where easy to change, easy to handle and they let more air to the skin then diapers. How ever meanwhile they don't working for me anymore. It is somehow funny, because on one hand my IC get better, I can make it to the toilet again and my bladder volume increased. But this is also some how a drawback, because if now an accident happens I leak much more then before and a pad doesn't cope with it anymore (at last while sitting).

Meanwhile I use Attends Adjustable if I'm away from home or office and not sure that a toilet is in reach. The Adjustable work pretty well for me, because you can easily slip them down if you make it to the toilet in time (it's a bit like pants) but they absorb much more then a pant and moreover there's no need to get your closes of if you need a change, because they have velcro tapes an you can change them like a normal diaper.

Interestingly many people here recommend the most absorbing diapers. I think this is not every time the best choice, because it's a good idea to have regular changes (round about every 4 hours - especially if you leak constantly). The reason for this is to avoid skin irritations e.g. due to amonia. So it might be a good idea to see how much you leak and choose the corresponding protection. If it is to "heavy" you waist money if you change it to early, but you may risk skin problems if you change it to late.

Thanks for your help.

GabeG23 said:
Thanks for help, also do you know any good places online where i can buy adult diapers that offer free shipping? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks.

Northshore does. They have a much bigger selection now too, with a good range of thick to thin-ish diapers. They give free samples if you email them too.

Slomo said:
Northshore does. They have a much bigger selection now too, with a good range of thick to thin-ish diapers. They give free samples if you email them too.

Thanks for the help.

Gabe,

Most reputable diaper vendors, such as XP Medical and NorthShore Care, offer free shipping when you buy a case of diapers. However, the best reason for buying diapers by the case is that the diapers will average about 30% less than when purchased by the package. This, plus the free shipping, provide a strong encouragement to purchase by the case. Over time this makes a huge difference in your expenditures.

--John
(double incontinent)

Hand dexterity issues can rule out what he needs as an option. Tabs hurt my hands, for sure, and them initially being open, means I can never get them on straight. If your hands are limited, the Abena abri wing, or something similar, might work, and if your go muscles behave, you can pull it down, and only open it when things get messy.

Last edited:
Pullups do not hold very much. Don't use them for heavy bedwetting.

Adult_Bedwetter said:
Pullups do not hold very much. Don't use them for heavy bedwetting.

Thanks for your help.

For night time have a look at Washable Wrap rounds as if a front/side sleeper disposables often leak too much as can't deal with the amount in that area better if upright!
Can use sheet barrier that sits in rear to contain anything poopie like it's a thin tissue paper like thing have same thing but smaller of kids nappies.
They can be boosted with extra padding where you require it so if want a lie in more add more than safe.

Bambinex do an AIO set up that can add booster pads to lined with micro fibre excellent product works great for daytimes esp

Back