How to put on a diaper on yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAlexABDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I got SDK's and LittlePawz 40 of count. And I tried to put them on but I keep missing the landing zone. How do I put them on correctly

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lillavenderbun
There are multiple different ways, for most Adult Diapers (that have 4 tabs instead of 2, like the SDK, Kiddos and a few others) I like to put the bottom tabs on near the outside edge of the landing zone (where it starts) and then with the bottom tabs in place I slide the diaper on like a Pull-Up, then i tighten the top tabs, then tighten the bottom tabs, and Voila; nice and snug.

With my Kiddos I will stand up and put the diaper on close to where I want it (trying to have the front and back about equal with each other) then put the Tabs on 1 by one, and usually I have to adjust them once or twice after that for a really snug fit.

I am still getting used to Kiddos, but I really do love how they fit (with 2 tabs instead of 4 and the waistband on the front and back), it just takes practice.

Since I have been through many cases of 4 Tab Adult Diapers those are pretty effortless for me, but I know eventually I will get used to Kiddos the same way.

AwesomeAlexABDL said:
I got SDK's and LittlePawz 40 of count. And I tried to put them on but I keep missing the landing zone. How do I put them on correctly

Are you doing a standing diaper application or lying down application?

With the LittlePawz you should put the lower tapes on first to get a good fit around the legs, then the upper tapes.

For the SDKs, it's not too difficult since there's only one tape per side and the taping panel takes up nearly the whole front of the diaper, just practice without powder and cream so there's no risk of fouling the tapes.

Also here's the handy ADISC "How to Put On a Diaper" guide.
Although it's a diaper without a taping panel(Abena M4) used in the guide and it's a lying down application it might help, even just a little.
https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83448-How-to-Put-On-a-Diaper?p=1559698#post1559698

The easiest and best way to put on any diaper for me requires a bit of advanced knowledge. You need to know approximately where one set of tapes should optimally land. So once you get a diaper fitting well, memorize where a set of tapes should be (for me the bottom). i pull my diaper through my legs, and around my thighs i tape that tape on both sides, then i pull it up to my waist and tape the top tapes. This lets the diaper hang in the proper position as you tape the final tapes.

I take randy's method to the next level. I have a 42" belt line overnight and a 41" during the day, so I can pre-tape the tops easily. The lowers are usually at the same spacing/angle/distance relative to the top tapes on any diaper. So I can pre-tape all four tapes before pulling up / shimmying up my diaper for a perfect, snug, wrinkle-free fit every time. Also saves time when you need to put on a diaper in a hurry, if you have one pre-taped and ready to go. Bonus points there on some diapers, whose tapes' grip improves over time. By the time you pull on a diaper that's been pre-taped hours ago, those tapes are on with a much better grip. (pre-taping doesn't work well for velcro, when velcro is pulled on at an angle while you pull up your diaper, it tends to immediately peel off)

In addition to the great tips others have said, for taping up the Pawz I would add make sure the back of the diaper is slightly higher than or level with the front. This makes sure you can still angle the bottom tapes down slightly to get the good seal around your legs while allowing the tapes remain on the landing zone.

The big thing when it comes to diapering is practice. Practice, practice, practice. It takes a little time to get your right fit down, not to mention not all diapers have the same cut and fit. There are plenty of different ways to do it, some more effective than others depending on your body, but experiment, try a few things out, and see what works best.

I'd also add, don't forget to memorize where the tapes end up at when you do get a good fit. This way you can just put the tapes in the same spot next time without the hassle of worrying it's right or not. You'll get a quick and perfect fit each time too.

I only wear goodnights pull-ups so obviously its easy for me.

I put the diaper between my legs and press it against the wall with my back to hold it. Bottom tabs first then the tops. If you screw up, keep some masking or duct tape handy if the tabs can't be re used. It takes practice.

I usually diaper up laying down, then I make sure that the front and back are the same about even when I pull up the diaper. As for the tapes, I do the bottom first and make sure they get applied pointing slightly upward, then the top tapes I put on and they are slightly pointed down. I seem to get the best fit that way. With single tape diapers, I always have issues cause I can not get them as tight around my legs as need be to prevent leaks.

Update: I tried doing the pull up style and lay down style. Pull up way didn't work. but lay down I can do it but I believe I'm 34-36 inch and i have medium diapers but it's always loose it's not snug in and when I tried to get snug the tapes is already worn out or I rip the tapes. The only way I get to snug is doing tykables. I'm super mad because I wasted. 3 out of 40 diapers I spent

I’ve always done it by lying down and wrapping it around your body, pulling each side in and taping it tight. I believe there are tutorials if you’re so inclined.

I usually fold the diaper in half lengthwise. Then I make sure the diaper form a cup under me. I begin with top tapes first and put then close to the top of diaper. Then the bottom tapes. Which are pointed downwards. Oh and for extra baby powder and a diaper booster from northshore

Well, when I use the Pull-Up method I make sure the bottom tapes are close to the outer edge of the Landing Strip; this leaves plenty of room to pull up the diaper easily, and then it is just a matter of getting the top tapes tight enough (not cutting off circulation, but snug), and then putting the bottom tapes on a little bit further out than the top tapes.

Of course practice makes a world of difference and I have been through Hundreds of Diapers (I only go through a few diapers most weekends, but I have been at it consistently as I feel like it for over 5 years, so I have had plenty of practice)

I'm trying something new today since its just me around the house, lately I have been noticing that after wearing for a few hours my diaper tends to settle in the same spots on my body, the very top edge of the front waist band usually ends up about 1"-1.5" bellow my belly button, the back settles to just above the start of my butt, the issue is that when I put the diaper on it usually starts off nice and snug, the front and rear leak guards sealed perfectly, by changing time its usually a little loose around the edges and if there's no front waist band I have a floppy piece of plastic edge that gets folded downward.
This morning I actually put some thought into the whole situation, I remember Bambinod saying that he pre-tapes his diapers, if its a 4 tape diaper he'll angle the bottom tapes downward and keep the top tapes straight.
I decided after my shower to put on a bambino magnifico (good diapers to re-adjust, also these were the worst offenders with getting loose over time, especially in the seat of the diaper) When I laid it out I did the standard fold down the length and a little bit of stretching to fluff the padding, when I laid ontop of it, I pulled the front up so the top waist band landed approx. 1" bellow my belly button, I didn't adjust the back, so that back padding is unusually higher on me then normal. I started taping the diaper using the bottom tapes first, being mindful to not overly tighten them (they stretch) but to also angle them downward and have the very top of the tape land on the very bottom of the taping panel, I then taped the top going straight across at the upper edge of the taping panel.
Right away I feel a big difference, the whole diaper feels much more secure to my body, the front and rear leak guards seem like there the tightest they ever been while using the magnifico's, I have a good seat and don't feel as bulky in-between my legs.
Hopefully everything works out, I report later in the day on how the diaper held up and if I was able to have better absorption / wicking.

pampers4U said:
This morning I actually put some thought into the whole situation, I remember Bambinod saying that he pre-tapes his diapers, if its a 4 tape diaper he'll angle the bottom tapes downward and keep the top tapes straight.
Right away I feel a big difference, the whole diaper feels much more secure to my body, the front and rear leak guards seem like there the tightest they ever been while using the magnifico's, I have a good seat and don't feel as bulky in-between my legs.

Glad to hear you're having some success with my advice, let us know how it works out in the long-term!

bambinod said:
Glad to hear you're having some success with my advice, let us know how it works out in the long-term!
So far so good, everything is still in place, no settling, tight front and rear waistbands, decent tightness of the rear leak guards, front leak guards still tight, only 3 small to medium wettings.

Update again: so I tried doing it again with some patients I'm glad to say medium does work I done standing up put the diaper against the wall and laying down. I was making it even as possible from the back and front and it finally work I'm snugged in as I wanted ik going to keep practicing with LittlePawz till I get used to it thanks for everyone advise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back