My baby boy wants to go incontinent

TungstenM

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hello,
My baby boy came to me today and said he wants to be incontinent. So he doesn’t get the choice, at all.
Now, there are a few things that concern me: Price. I’m currently working a near minimum wage job and pricing would be difficult, and my baby boy volunteers.

My baby’s job: He’s on his second year as a special constable, so wearing 24/7 wouldn’t be the best. After the end of this year, he can apply to become a full time officer.

I’m fine changing, and fine keeping him wearing 24/7. Just does the risks outweigh the positives?

Only you and he can determine whether the risks outweigh the positives.

A question...why does he want to wear diapers 24/7? I assume that he is not IC. Does he wear for stress relief or just because he likes it?

Based on your post, I would be hesitant to start wearing 24/7 at this time.

Seems to me that if you're working a minimum-wage job and your boyfriend is still some months away from having a full-time job, you have more important things to worry about than whether he should wear diapers all day, every day.

That said, you can do a few things to mitigate the cost involved. Cloth diapers are an expense up-front, but they will decrease your reliance on expensive disposables. If you can save a few hundred dollars, you might buy enough cloth diapers to use when you're not out and about. Of course, this assumes that you have a washer and dryer, and you may not.

However, as Leio says, wearing 24/7 might cause challenges with your boyfriend's intended career path ... I don't know.

Many of us would love to wear diapers 24/7, but it just isn't a practical move to make. I could not in good conscience risk my 30-year career path just to indulge my AB side. Even if I were at home or sitting behind a desk working every day, the risk of discovery would always be at the front of my mind.

I'd suggest that if you can deal with the concerns about expense and career impact, you try 24/7 for a week, then a month, then 3 months before you make a commitment to the lifestyle. As Denise and Leio have noted, this is a challenging lifestyle choice with as many (if not more) detriments versus positive points. You need to make sure you're solidly behind your boyfriend's choice before you agree to help him make the transition to incontinence. Changing diapers several times a day, every day, represents a substantial commitment of your time and energy, and wearing them all day, every day is decidedly inconvenient. This decision will take a toll on you both, and on your relationship as well. Just be sure that's a price you're willing to pay.

I agree 101 % with Leio here and the only thing i can ad to that BRILLIANT statement is DONT Being IC is NOT the bed of roses to get to always have to wear this darn diapers and PVC /PUL pants and al the rest thats needed that so many seems to believe its never ending nightmare. And lie Leio says the cost of this things arent even close to cheep i might ad so wit youre income expect a diminished everything else financial life stile as the IC products needed will eat up most of youre so called spending money.

In short DONT TRUST us on this being IC is NOT worth it and those of that are i would say the majority of us would gladly go back to the NON IC times (me included )

And last its ONE thing to fantatice about this but when it becomes a reality that you have to face EVERY day and night i can assure you the novelty of it will wear of pretty fast. But by then you might have alredy past the point of no return so now you will be IC for the rest of youre life regardless if you like it / have the money for it / Youre better half like it / if it complicates youre everyday life or work life. To bad youre now IC for the rest of youre life enjoy.

AL this said the choice is of course his and youres so IF you decide to go this route i wish you good luck and a happy life

Thank you all. I’ll discuss this with him

Everyone gave you some good advice. I will give you some advice from being in law enforcement for over 30 years. I would love to have been able to wear diapers under my uniform while working. But, diapers and law enforcement do not mix well. Hard to find time to change, not easy to get all the gear off and being found wearing diapers is not good for the career at all. The short of it is, if law enforcement is the path he is going for a job, then leave the diapers at home. Life at work will be so much easier.

I always seem to be the odd one out with this topic. I too had always wanted to be incontinent, and now that I am I finally functionally incontinent I really enjoy it. (As opposed to when I was urge incontinent and hated it).

Using the right diaper during the day will go a long way towards this though. I use Betterdry/Crinklz, and will change just before leaving for work. That same diaper will very easily last me till after work, and often into the evening. No work changes are needed, and leaks are not a concern for me. The fear of being noticed or found out due to the bulk or noise is unfounded as nobody ever notices unless you make it completely obvious.

As mentioned though, the cost of being diapered 24/7 is a major consideration. It also takes a shifting in spending priorities when you're diaper dependent too. It can't be wheter or not you can afford diapers, it's you buy the diapers then think wheter or not you can afford a smart phone, internet service, or eating out.

Think that you'll run out from the beginning x3

Hi as someone also in the UK and know a fair bit about Emergency services etc
As all ready been said keep play at home and work stays work or the old adage never mix business with pleasure!
Could be ok for a while but soon you will have issues ie just like a leg in plaster can get by for a while but soon get the pip with it as can't go/do anything or wear trousers etc but the plaster don't leak/make everything else wet or smell.
Washables are the way to go for cost with likes of Bambinex for adults good for daytime wear esp as pretty discrete and wash/dry easily and quickly But and heres the BUT you need a constant supply have to be aware of how much fluid taking it so plan outages!
Where you going to carry put ons and take off's?
The police force is pretty good these days working with disablities and LGBTQ? issues But hes not a full time officer so no feet under the table so to speak!
So if a fulltime post comes up when the list is drawn up he could be very well factored off the list and never considered ever as at the mercy of pen pushers.
And in this day of age with way everything is going it will be easy to have nothing but hard to have something so live on the breadline from day to day.
If in a few years time when a full timer it happens your protected by them.
But even if could afford platinum diapers with with gold&diamond encrusted pins would you still want to be peeing everywhere having to choose wisely clothing and deal with the heat,smell and threats of leaks?

My self am there to a degree as have spinal issues with discs/arthritis along with Fibro&Raynauds get a whole mixed bag of issues but try to keep on top of it as the dread of not being able to just head out when need to and have to shower first and prepare for the day carry this and that watch what doing/being/drinking even sitting/walking/excersie is a chore/task too much.

TungstenM said:
Hello,
My baby boy came to me today and said he wants to be incontinent. So he doesn’t get the choice, at all.
Now, there are a few things that concern me: Price. I’m currently working a near minimum wage job and pricing would be difficult, and my baby boy volunteers.

My baby’s job: He’s on his second year as a special constable, so wearing 24/7 wouldn’t be the best. After the end of this year, he can apply to become a full time officer.

I’m fine changing, and fine keeping him wearing 24/7. Just does the risks outweigh the positives?

You don't want to be incontinent, it's one thing to want to wear a diaper all the time, but there are times not having a choice can be a literal pain in the ass. Picture a situation where you either due to cost or just general unavailability can't get the supplies you need... tell him to give wearing a year a try but not to try anything to push problems.

Hi but what you can do so can see what it will be like is get him Catherised with an indwelling one left open so have no control over it

Back