• Would visit if I could

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Would help out if I could

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Would donate some of my prized diapers

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Would donate money to make this happen

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I am secretly really rich and was just wondering what to do with my excess money

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi peeps, another just for fun poll (though you never know when a philanthropist might take a liking to an idea.)

Wondering what everyone would think of a diaper/nappy/boater museum with a big focus on disposables and whether you would donate some of your prized stash and/or time (and/or property) to make this happen?

Good uestion. I was thinking already a lot about it, as well as I have at least made pictures of 20+ different types. Plus some are already "saved" for future history, just I need to vacuum them.

I might. I've got the last plastic back Luvs and Pampers (the Barney Luvs & Pampers that look like the SDK). I've got Pull-ups and Goodnites going back to the 90's. I've got examples of pretty much all Goodnites going back to the beginning. When they became gender specific, I only continued with the Boy ones.

djwiktor said:
Good uestion. I was thinking already a lot about it, as well as I have at least made pictures of 20+ different types. Plus some are already "saved" for future history, just I need to vacuum them.

Fabulous! Wondering if the vacuum sealing bags are all Mylar or something like it that isn’t acidic or actively base where it could degrade the diaper plastic?

Mattew said:
I might. I've got the last plastic back Luvs and Pampers (the Barney Luvs & Pampers that look like the SDK). I've got Pull-ups and Goodnites going back to the 90's. I've got examples of pretty much all Goodnites going back to the beginning. When they became gender specific, I only continued with the Boy ones.

Excellent that’s 2 peeps with a great start to the Museum with some beautiful pieces :)

It's all theoretically tho. Since something like this wouldn't really ever exist.

Mattew said:
It's all theoretically tho. Since something like this wouldn't really ever exist.

I dunno if a Salt & Pepper museum can exist I think a diaper museum is next :)

Mattew said:

Theres a museum for Menstrual pads (I know this, because it's located in my state)... somehow this doesn't seem even that far out there.

It seems to me like the biggest strike against it is that for interested parties, one of the important aspects is to be able to touch the diaper. Having a bunch of people handling old diapers is a sure way to wreck them.

Trevor said:
It seems to me like the biggest strike against it is that for interested parties, one of the important aspects is to be able to touch the diaper. Having a bunch of people handling old diapers is a sure way to wreck them.

Would you say that again with the menstral pad museum?

Slomo said:
Would you say that again with the menstral pad museum?

I'm not sure how the menstrual pad aficionados relate to them. I could see that touch might be important but I kind of doubt it's as big as it is for diaper folks.

A museum to infanthood would be a better idea, rather than just nappies. You can have set areas for each decade.

Hooray we have one secret rich peep here so now to submit a business case... oh right “secret” rich!

Back