Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange...why does this happen?

Default Strange...why does this happen?

I have noticed for a while now that this...

Why is it that guys can be complete assholes to their female friends and still have them as friends.

Example: Today in gym we were out side and this one guy went to his friend and said" Say your sorry, or you're going in the mud" and carried her over there and almost threw her in, all she did was laugh about it and punch him.

Now, I am not an asshole what so ever to girls I talk to and yet...I am ignored by them. Why is it like this??? Why aren't the assholes the ones to be ignored and people like me get befriended by girls????

Any thoughts in regards to this?

goofing off and being an ass hole are two completly different things. If he did throw her in, that would be being an ass hole, and she would not be friends with him. but he didn't, so it was a joke, so she laughed and they are still friends.

Also, some girls do have a sence of humer and would laugh at that, but some girls don't. He probably knows her well enough to know that she thinks it would be funny. If he knew she would hate him for doing it, I doubt he would have.

I'm an asshole, but girls associate with me. In fact, most of my friends are female.

I don't put them up on pedestals. I don't bow to their feet as if they're goddesses. I treat them like normal people, and while I may be an asshole, I'm also respectful and know how to be polite without being creepy. Girls are just normal people who like to laugh at normal things. Don't gawk at them, make doe-eyes at them, follow them around like a puppy-dogs, or act like they are absolvently innocent creatures.

Bingo. Normality is key.

Why I will tell you why, you are nice guy, girls do not want nice guys yet, they only want nice guys after they date all of the dangreous/a-holes/jerks, later on you may popular or dateable.

But right now it is all the jerks that get the attention from the girls, not nice guys.

It was the same for me when I was your age, and I'm sure it hasn't changed one bit.

Darkfinn

Remember that quote from "The Mask" [I]Nice guys finish last.[/B]

A lot of young teenage girls want the asshole.

annierighthurr

Uhh that doesn't sound like an asshole, that sounds like he was just playfully kidding around, flirting probably. Maybe you should just understand some dynamics of male/female relations before you assume thats a guy being an asshole.

As far as I know, goofing around and teasing each other as part of dating has long since been a teenage rite of passage.

P.S. It's fun, try it sometime.

Gah...I just don't understand girls!!! They are too complicated. So what am I supposed to do here...change my personality???

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Why I will tell you why, you are nice guy, girls do not want nice guys yet, they only want nice guys after they date all of the dangreous/a-holes/jerks, later on you may popular or dateable.

But right now it is all the jerks that get the attention from the girls, not nice guys.
    Misconception number one: Girls only want assholes, and nice guys finish last.

Sorry, it ain't true. Women want confident men, not assholes. Those guys who follow women around, treating them like they're royalty and stuff, THEY always finish last.

Then there's guys who pick up drunk women and take them home. THOSE are the assholes. But confident assholes.

There's a balance. You have to be nice, but confident. And just as Rance said, you have to treat them normaly, just like any other person.

That guy in the OP was not an asshole. He was playing around. I cant see anyting assholish about that at all.

known from personal experience

ok, so when i talk to a girl i get really really nerveous and i shake really bad. I asked a girl to borrow some hand lotion and when handing the bottle back my hand was shaking so bad. Does this mean that i am looked at by her as unappealing?