Admitting to a doctor that you like to wear diapers

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Warning: this may be a little T.M.I. for some people.

P.S.- If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I need help.

I'm thinking of making a doctors appointment tomorrow for a couple of reasons.

One is my ears; I build up so much wax that I have to have them cleaned out a couple of times of year. This has been going on since I was a kid and is totally normal for me.

The other reason, and the reason why I made this thread, is because I think there is something wrong with my penis.
About 7-8 weeks ago, I noticed that the left side and underside of were very red, sore and wet to the touch. I first thought it was diaper rash and decided to stop wearing for a week or so and see what happened.
After about a week, I started thinking it could possibly be a yeast infection or something but was still wanting to wait it out because I didn't have all the signs of an infection. The skin on that side then started peeling and later taking on an almost "spongey" look. It also became very dry and itchy.

As of today, it no longer hurts or itches (due to Cortisone-10) but the left side doesn't look right to me. It looks very wrinkly and maybe a little red. The wrinkly part just doesn't look right to me. It concerns me.

I think I should have it checked out but I am terrified of admitting my deepest secret. I have never told anyone about my diapers but I don't think I should lie in the sort of situation.

I haven't worn since October 7th and thought it would have cleared up by now. I fear I may have to admit to him that I wear diapers for pleasure because he knows I don't have any IC issues.

What should I do?

Doctors can't properly help you if they don't have all the information. It is very understandable to be embarrassed. Your Dr. has seen or heard just about everything. There's even a fair chance you're not their first or only patient that uses diapers. Even if you are, it won't be a total blindside shock to him or her.

My advise would be tell them you had some type of rash or infection on your penis. You're not sure what caused it, but you're embarrassed not so much at the problem, but a possible cause. Let them know up front you are uncomfortable, then just be open about your diaper use. They are professional, and there to help. And not just with physical problems. Mental health is important, and any doctor worth their degrees will be understanding.

Well I am no doctor but here is my suggestion, It may not be a popular one but I would tell the doctor. It is a scary thing to do I will admit. I had to tell my doctor. My reasoning was different but I still had to tell him. You will get questions asking there is anything wrong with your bladder or bowels? Is there any stomach or fluid intake issues? The doctor should be more concerned that there might be an under laying issue. After that they should be okay. They might ask what you use to which I wouldn't really admit to the Ab kind of diaper but I would tell him something. They might have suggestions as to what you can use or how to take care of your diaper area. If you don't let him know he might not know what to look for. You could be sensitive to something you are using such as the diaper or you could be sensitive to something else but you will never know unless you disclose it to your doctor. They do have to keep that confidential. Hope that helps.

I think I would show the problem to your doctor and see what he says. It's his (her) job to ask appropriate questions and then you can weigh where the conversation is going. If you have to tell that you wear diapers for pleasure or comfort, then you've reached that point in the conversation. Just take it one necessary step at a time.

Thanks guys.
You're both right.
It's going to be really hard for me to do with my anxiety, but I'm gonna have to tell him about the diapers.
I just hope he doesn't ask a million questions as to why I would want to wear them if I don't need them or what kind I wear. I probably won't tell him about ABDL diapers, I'll think of some other brand but I will have to tell him.

I'll admit that I have avoided even saying the word "diaper" aloud all my life as I feel uncomfortable saying it because of my secret. I don't think I've ever said it out loud.

gnd567 said:
Thanks guys.
It's going to be really hard for me to do with my anxiety, but I'm gonna have to tell him about the diapers.
I just hope he doesn't ask a million questions
Just tell him you sometimes wear and use diapers. Be matter of fact about it. You can even say something to the effect of, "I don't use them for any type of incontinence. It is personal and I don't think we need to discuss it beyond that fact that it may have caused the current situation."

BabyCorry said:
Just tell him you sometimes wear and use diapers. Be matter of fact about it. You can even say something to the effect of, "I don't use them for any type of incontinence. It is personal and I don't think we need to discuss it beyond that fact that it may have caused the current situation."

Thanks, this is probably the route I will go.

dogboy said:
I think I would show the problem to your doctor and see what he says. It's his (her) job to ask appropriate questions and then you can weigh where the conversation is going. If you have to tell that you wear diapers for pleasure or comfort, then you've reached that point in the conversation. Just take it one necessary step at a time.

Spot on!
This is how I'd approach it as well. Besides, since the days I served I occasionally get what we used to call 'running a wolf'.
This used to happen quite often when we went out to practices in the fields and marched a lot due to the underpant rubbing the inside of the upper legs which usually ended in rashes for me.
And sometimes my skin didn't like some of the soapy washing powders for laundry which usually resulted in what gnd567 described above.
Some strong rash creme usually helped even if it took weeks to get the deeper, bad itching scars healing off and obviously a change of the washing powder for laundry.

Like dogboy, I'd just show it off and say that I've got problems with it for a couple weeks now.

I don’t disagree with the advice of sharing this information with the doctor if it proves relevant — however, it might not be the best idea to share it straight away. Many of us here seem to be assuming that the skin condition has been caused by the diapers. Perhaps. But it’s possible - perhaps even more likely - that it has some other cause. If the rash is from another cause, another source (thinking something terrible like God forbid, penile cancer), telling the doctor too quick about the diapers might delay the appropriate diagnosis.

If it were me, I’d tell the doctor what has been happening. What it looked like, when, and what treatments you’ve done and whether or not they have worked. If the conversation leads to underwear, etc, then sure, I would share that information. But I wouldn’t blurt it out right at the beginning.

Just my .02c

I have told my doctor about my incontinence, she told me to use Keagles exercises to empty my bladder, I told her that I wear "protection" and left it at that. I have tried pads and incontinence underwear but those are not satisfactory. I wear diapers, and diaper covers, but wear regular underwear only for short Dr. visits and I put a pad in them. By the time I get home the pad is wet and I change into my diaper.

Doctors don't care. Tons of people wear to manage incontinence so it really isn't a big deal or even particularly out of the ordinary.

I would still go get it checked out though. Especially considering you've been trying to manage it and nothing is working. Better get a professional opinion before it gets really bad.

Thanks guys.

I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago and it was a yeast infection. He gave me a prescription for some cream and it's now all gone.
I never brought up the diapers and he never asked what I thought might have caused it. What a relief!

gnd567 said:
I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago and it was a yeast infection. He gave me a prescription for some cream and it's now all gone.
I never brought up the diapers and he never asked what I thought might have caused it. What a relief!

This works well for me, it's over-the-counter, it's cheap, and you get a lot for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EYT6TB6

I'd imagine something Rx would be smaller quantity and cost more? (what'd you get/how much did it cost?)

Back