To use or to keep?

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi peeps, so lately I have been getting through all my old backstock of nappies/diapers as at this time I really only want to wear Kiddos but felt kinda guilty about trying to stock up when I had cases of other stuff lying about.

In the past I always had the mindset of my current favourite might go out of stock (very real possibility) or I might need something just a bit more absorbent at some point or “these are not for me, will put them aside” so I always had heaps of different padding on hand.

I am finally at a point where I have plenty of Kiddos, SDKs, Lavender and Rearz Rebels to use and only 2 tubs of keepers I am struggling with the concept of using as then they will be gone forever:

2 x packs Kolibri Comslip
2 x packs of SDK v2s with the white tapes
Half a dozen Tena Slip Maxi European made I brought back with me from a trip to Europe around 10 years ago.

Would you guys keep them indefinitely or just use them up and move on?

If any of those brands you listed aren't made anymore, keep them and sell them for a 500% or more profit like the people on eBay do lol

Personally, I would use them and free up some space. I have been collecting One diaper of every diaper I tried just in case, and I think I am going to go through and use those since it is just an extra box I don't have space for.

But I also don't need the money and it isn't worth the time to sell stuff on ebay for me. But that seems like a valid option too.

Antientmariner said:
If any of those brands you listed aren't made anymore, keep them and sell them for a 500% or more profit like the people on eBay do lol

:( I know lots of peeps miss the Kolibris like I do but I just couldn’t imagine profiting from that. The Tena slip though if anyone wants to give me lots of money or buy me a new LARP sword in exchange I am all for it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Seug said:
Personally, I would use them and free up some space. I have been collecting One diaper of every diaper I tried just in case, and I think I am going to go through and use those since it is just an extra box I don't have space for.

But I also don't need the money and it isn't worth the time to sell stuff on ebay for me. But that seems like a valid option too.

Yep collecting and storing isn’t a monkey anyone needs in their back!

I know what you mean, I have a lot of diapers stacked in my closets but really only wear a few types.
I have a couple bags of the old euro tena's and the old dry 24/7's that are just sitting there unopened, (what for?) short answer is I don't know.
I have the little voice in the back of my head that just says one day you will need these for something, so I just keep them, eventually though the tapes will start to fail on these, so they will need to be used, but only under a special occasion that I don't even know exists.

pampers4U said:
I know what you mean, I have a lot of diapers stacked in my closets but really only wear a few types.
I have a couple bags of the old euro tena's and the old dry 24/7's that are just sitting there unopened, (what for?) short answer is I don't know.
I have the little voice in the back of my head that just says one day you will need these for something, so I just keep them, eventually though the tapes will start to fail on these, so they will need to be used, but only under a special occasion that I don't even know exists.

Exactly this!

I really wish there was a diaper museum where they could be sent (a bit late for most of mine now though.)

Back