Sleeping with a diaper on

I don't sleep in a diaper every night, but once or twice a month I'll decide to attempt a "streak" of multiple nights in a row. (Current record is six nights in a row, hoping to improve that soon).

The first night is the hardest. I'm a side sleeper, and the extra padding around my boy parts is very noticeable - it takes longer to get to sleep, and I'll wake up once or twice during the night.

Later nights are easier... after a few days it feels almost normal, and your body gets used to the bulk.

Never go to bed with an erection - if you do, it might take hours to fall asleep.

Use a sleep aid if you have access to one - melatonin, prescription sleeping pills, cannabis (where legal).

Don't go to bed wet, or you'll wake up in the middle of the night, cold and with irritated skin. Think of wetting as an advanced technique, something to strive for once you've mastered wearing diapers every night.

I'll usually wake up in the middle of the night and lay there for a while, before falling asleep again. If it's only a few hours before the time I plan to get out of bed, I'll wet my diaper and then try to fall asleep again.

I love sleeping in my diapers at night, to me they are super comfortable and I love the thickness and security they provide me.

Funny I was just thinking of posting a thread about not being able to sleep in diapers! I see the answer here that its a matter of sticking to it. Eventually I will get used to it? Maybe. My problem is that I find its just too stimulating. I like it but I don't get a good nights sleep. I'll abandon the diaper at some point in the night and then conk out gratefully, then find a soggy diaper on the floor in the morning.

I suppose I could try a thin trainer diaper but then I would need to take it off to piss; which I need to do with great frequency.

Sleeping in a diaper is best, especially in winter

As Camilo said, sleeping in a diaper during winter is fantastic. Specially in Scandinavia where we get rather cold nights during this time of year.
Took me a fair few tries to get used to sleep with the extra bulk, but now its no issue at all (I sleep noticeably better with one now)
My diaper of choice currently is the ABU Simple Ultra, which starts out on the thin side. My god do they swell though

SailingDane said:
As Camilo said, sleeping in a diaper during winter is fantastic. Specially in Scandinavia where we get rather cold nights during this time of year.

Not only do you have to not worry about the diaper making you too warm, but it saves you from making any frigid runs to the bathroom overnight ;)

Have you ever heard someone else complain about having to get out of a warm bed several times a night to pee? Sooo makes me wish I could tell them my simple solution!

To me there's nothing better than crawling into bed in my cloth prefold with booster and PUL panties.
Then wet a few minutes later and fall asleep. Then use it 2-3 more times during the night and get up
rested in a wet diaper and dry bed.

bambinod said:
Not only do you have to not worry about the diaper making you too warm, but it saves you from making any frigid runs to the bathroom overnight ;)

Have you ever heard someone else complain about having to get out of a warm bed several times a night to pee? Sooo makes me wish I could tell them my simple solution!

Same with me , even more so as I’m a truck driver and most nights I’m parked no where near a toilet and the weather this time of year in the UK is usauly wet and windy ��so pad up climb in to bunk crawl under my double 13tog duvet and turn the night heater to 21c

Try wearing underwear to bed, it can help your body get used to wearing something around there while sleeping. Also (if you don’t already) try wearing pyjamas over your diaper, that seemed to work for me until I got used to it

That's really the only time, I will wear diapers, but only at home.

bambinod said:

Yeah I could imagine. Simple Ultras is certainly one way to prevent leaving a warm bed lol

Since you have no continence issues have you tried pull-ups. There are several brands and styles. Trainers are another option; made of cloth and fit a lot like normal underwear, The benefit of those is they are washable. Bring thicker and softer than normal underwear they actually feel better to me. Plus all the cute designs.

Wearing a diaper to bed seems awkward at first, I worried about leaks, and wetting the bed. After awhile of wearing all day and night diapers become very comfortable. I wear diapers because frankly, I need them. I have urge incontinence, and cannot hold my urine for long periods of time without wetting. Diapers are my underwear, and have accepted the need to wear them. I do not focus on being a diaper wearer, and am not self conscious about it.

Well guess I'm in the minority here. Once I got hooked on diapers it didn't take me long to want to wear them at night. Especially with the idea that it was going to prevent me from having to get up so many times at night to go pee. What a relief that has been, and I love it, and wear them every night now.

sotexasDL said:
Well guess I'm in the minority here. Once I got hooked on diapers it didn't take me long to want to wear them at night. Especially with the idea that it was going to prevent me from having to get up so many times at night to go pee. What a relief that has been, and I love it, and wear them every night now.

Got that right! Nothing like sleeping in and finally getting out of bed late in the morning, with a soaked diaper and exactly zero trips to the bathroom overnight!

IMHO, thick diapers were made for weekends like this!

bambinod said:
Got that right! Nothing like sleeping in and finally getting out of bed late in the morning, with a soaked diaper and exactly zero trips to the bathroom overnight!

IMHO, thick diapers were made for weekends like this!

Hmmm, I don't know. I kind of miss waking up at night, several times, and getting up to go pee. Ahhh, that and the usual 30-60 minutes it always too me to get back to sleep. Interrupted sleep like that was definitely something that took years off my life. It's definitely an experience everyone should strive for.

ps. working on my sarcasm. How's that?

Slomo, that was perfect, absolutely perfect!

When I first started wearing diapers at night I would have issues going to bed and also wake up lots throughout the night. I have been wearing diapers at night almost every night for the last 15 years or so. Since then, when I do go a night without padding (around parents when I go visit) I find that the quality of sleep while not diapered is horrible.

I can't sleep without nappies and plastic pants.

DLMelissa said:
I have always wanted to manage to sleep in diapers, but I forever cannot get used to them. I only have rearz diapers at the moment, and I feel they are just too thigh to get used to. Should I try abena or Dry 24/7?

I have no continence issues whatsoever, so absorbency isn't a compromise, but I would like to get to a point where I could at least sleep in them, then work on wetting later.

Night is primarily when I wear, if I wear. I have no need for them either and despite my best efforts to wet while in bed, it's actually just about impossible for me to do. Some nights I can cruise straight through and sleep like a baby. Other nights I get annoyed with it and rip it off prior to using it. That's about the only time I'll take one off without wetting it.

Back