Sleeping with a diaper on

DLMelissa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
I have always wanted to manage to sleep in diapers, but I forever cannot get used to them. I only have rearz diapers at the moment, and I feel they are just too thigh to get used to. Should I try abena or Dry 24/7?

I have no continence issues whatsoever, so absorbency isn't a compromise, but I would like to get to a point where I could at least sleep in them, then work on wetting later.

I think you might have to experiment with a few different diapers of varying thickness to find what works for you. And it will take a while to get used to the feeling of a diaper on. The way I succeeded was to just wear a diaper every night until I got used to them (more than a couple of weeks).

In a way it makes sense to try something cheaper and thinner if you think it’s a possibility of wanting to remove it without using it but I would suggest you try something like ABU Preschools rather than Abena.

I certainly understand the bulk might be tricky for some peeps to get used to.

I would suggest picking a night where it doesn’t matter if you sleep in until the afternoon the next day, go for a long walk or big gym session in the early afternoon so you will be naturally tired, avoid caffeine and stimulating movies drink lots of water and nappy up as early as you can to get used to the bulk and then change to a fresh nappy b4 bed.

If you don’t need to get up the next day it doesn’t matter when you fall asleep.

It took me years to be able to sleep through the night in diapers, although I wasn't making a concerted effort to master it. I would guess I'd have worked it out in a month or less if I had really kept at it. Cloth diapers made it easier for me but it was really just a matter of getting used to the bulk and how it would shift when I moved. These days, I think I sleep the same in or out of diapers.

Im also trying to get better at sleeping with diapers on. From what I can tell it just takes getting used to the thickness. Some nights I’m perfectly fine others I can’t sleep. Moment I lay on my side and I can feel that thickness is when I have issues. I’m working more on sleeping on my back as it also me not to notice the padding thickness.

Its amazing how thick and bulky diapers feel when you first start to wear, but after you wear 24/7 you really stop noticing the thickness.

Rob110 said:
Its amazing how thick and bulky diapers feel when you first start to wear, but after you wear 24/7 you really stop noticing the thickness.

agreed, during the day you stop noticing continuously, but then every now and then you notice, and then just go back to whatever you were doing and forget about it for awhile again.

It's much harder to not notice if you wake up overnight though. Diapers are thicker when dry, and much thicker when wet. Difficult to ignore. But it only took me a few weeks before I could get to sleep while diapered. (until I reached that point, I had to get up during the night and change out to finally get to sleep) One of my "diaper fantasies" was waking up in the morning and discovering I was wearing a diaper. Somewhat unfortunately for me though, It's extremely rare that I sleep through the night without waking up several times, so I really don't recall any morning when I woke up "surprised" to be diapered.

Reactions: janedoediaper
This is really another one of those practice makes perfect deals.

I tried sleeping in diapers right when I first began exploring my AB side in my teens. It was impossible to sleep in them at the beginning. When I was a teen, the difficulty stemmed from being caught, I just couldn't let myself fall asleep with a diaper on for fear of being discovered. When I got my own apartment and primo AB diapers, I thought that the difficulty would stop, but it didn't. When I was on my own the fear was that I would leak and that kept me from getting good sleep with a diaper on.

It wasn't until about 4 or 5 years ago, after a year or two of practice that sleeping in diapers became second nature. I now stick to the diapers that are most comfortable for me, the ones that I can get the best fit with, I've gone years without leaks and I have had the privacy of my own place for going on 8 years now, so sleeping in diapers, onesies and other baby gear just became easier over time. I can zonk out for hours on end in a diaper now :)

So yeah, my advice, practice, practice, practice. Also, it doesn't hurt to stick to a few particular brands, find the right fit and have some privacy, these things can contribute to a greater sense of calm that can make sleeping in diapers easier.

I love sleeping in my diaper, I think I took to it straight away. The first few times was different cause your not used to it but when you relax and let your baby brain free you will have the best night asleep. I sleep in diapers and toddler pjs every night. I have a night time bottle, my paci and listen to my baby moble and drift of to sleep. My wife tells me I have been much happier since doing this.

Just relax and give it time, eventually you will be ok. They you will never want to be out of diapers.

start with a very thin one, since absorbancy isnt an issue. and work your way up.

Big diapers didn't work for me when wearing at night in the beginning. Thinner ones helped a lot. Took a couple of month and then i was good to go.

ggreggy said:
start with a very thin one, since absorbency isn't an issue. and work your way up.

I agree I had problems at first, but I was in a hospital bed and was given sleeping pills. After I got out I wore thinner ones with a cover because I leaked. Eventually I learned that one does not have to pull the tapes on diapers so tight. I still wear a cover from Gary Wear nightly. It has saved the sheets on several occasions and they are very comfortable.

I usually don't have trouble falling asleep in diapers, the main annoyance comes from lying down on the erection inside of them :p

Just think of them as underwear with more padding

Never had problems, I've been sleeping in diapers for so long now that when I don't wear it feels weird.

I had problem back when I first started wearing at night, but soon got use to it and have been wearing every night for a few years and it feels odd now when I don't.

I wear almost every night now. I never had a problem getting used to them. I pretty much slept better from day one. The added bonus is, I never need to get up to go to the bathroom. I also use a cpap now and taking the mask off and getting it back on without leaks is a pain in the middle of the night. It's a positive every way I look at it. Also the wife doesn't mind at all. She thinks they are cute.

It took me a few tries to get comfy enough to sleep in diapers especially since I'm a side sleeper just keep at it and it will seem like a normal thing just give it a few days

I will eventually find my way to make it work, just wish it was a bit easier. I am a hardcore side sleeper so I can't lay my legs on the padding normally, so I need to try and sleep on my back or tummy more. :3

I love sleeping in a nappy. The thicker the better. If I'm working nights I always sleep through the day with a nappy on; I don't think I've slept through the day without one... ever.

Back