Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secure X-Plus and proper fit

Question

I'm considering whether or not I should purchase a bag of some Secure X-Plus to see how they do. I normally wear Abena X-Plus Size S however they're a bit tight on me and i'm wondering a few things about the Secure X-Plus:

I've read somewhere else that they're not being made as thick as they used to be and that the comfort level is actually a large step down in comfort.

Sizing is a concern for me because i'm a smaller adult, I have about a 28-29 inch waist in levi's and like I said before, Abenas are a bit of a tight fit on me however I see that the Secure X-Pluses fit up to 34", so should I still be ordering a size small or should I make that jump to Medium?

Thanks guys

Also how fast is their shipping? I'm in Cali and I wonder how fast they would come if I ordered like tonight, would they ship tomorrow (Wednesday)?
    Last edited by Peachy; 21-May-2009 at 17:28. Reason: merging double post

Darkfinn

Don't get Secure... get Bambino.

Bambinos are way more comfortable... and are pretty much the same price. They are both made by the same company.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Don't get Secure... get Bambino.

Bambinos are way more comfortable... and are pretty much the same price. They are both made by the same company.
    I wish I saw this sooner. Yeah they look to be the same company, they're located in the same address, and use the same web designer (activo). Though I already placed an order on the Secure X-Plus, I emailed Bambino to see if I can get my order changed () from the Secure X-Plus to Bambinos.

Either way i'll be happy but we'll see how excellent their customer support is and if they'd go out of their way for little 'ol me :]

Talking

Get some samples and try them out before you commit to buying a bag or a full case. That way you can test drive before you go for the whole thing.
    Last edited by mooster; 21-May-2009 at 00:36.

Quote Originally Posted by mooster View Post
    Get some samples and try them out before you commit to buying a bag or a full case. That way you can test drive before you go for the whole thing.
    But i'm so anxious! If they fit, i'll easily blow through two diapers and if I have a case, at least I have a case of slightly tight diapers. Oh well

Soon i'll be getting a coupon for Bambino diapers if things get taken care of...

Anyway their shipping is pretty fast. I might be receiving them tomorrow!

annierighthurr

Secure xplus are awesome diapers, so don't pout if thats what you end up with. They are comfy and their small runs a little bit larger then most smalls, including Abenas, so they will probably fit you well. Good luck. Oh and in my experience, the differences between bambino and secures is so minimal that most of us less experienced diaper wearers would never even really notice.

Enjoy your diaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Annastacia View Post
    Secure xplus are awesome diapers, so don't pout if thats what you end up with. They are comfy and their small runs a little bit larger then most smalls, including Abenas, so they will probably fit you well. Good luck. Oh and in my experience, the differences between bambino and secures is so minimal that most of us less experienced diaper wearers would never even really notice.

Enjoy your diaps!
    Aww thanks that's exactly what I needed and wanted to hear! :]

They're coming tomorrow!

I wear a size larger than specified. The wings from the front go all the way around to the padding in the back, and the tapes meet in front of the diaper. It's not too lose around the legs, and with leak barriers (I use diapers only with leak barriers) leaks are very rare - once or twice when sitting leaning forward. Try using a size larger and let us know how it works - this for anybody who wants to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helpless View Post
    I wear a size larger than specified. The wings from the front go all the way around to the padding in the back, and the tapes meet in front of the diaper. It's not too lose around the legs, and with leak barriers (I use diapers only with leak barriers) leaks are very rare - once or twice when sitting leaning forward. Try using a size larger and let us know how it works - this for anybody who wants to try it.
    Yeah leak guards are one of the newer features on disposable diapers that I love!

They're both really good diapers. They do a couple things extra for the Bambinos, but they're minimal. You'll be fine. You picked a fine diaper, so don't worry about it.