Folding your diapers length-wise

theancientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like the way baby diapers are just folded in half and can understand why adult diapers aren't. Simply because they'll just be too long. But I took about 4 of mine a unfolded them and folded them in half. I know they're still the same but they do look different. Has anyone else thought about this?

Antientmariner said:
I like the way baby diapers are just folded in half and can understand why adult diapers aren't. Simply because they'll just be too long. But I took about 4 of mine a unfolded them and folded them in half. I know they're still the same but they do look different. Has anyone else thought about this?

I kinda prefer them "bi-folded" too. Check out those bi-folded bambinos in my avatar pic on the left of this post

<----

Truthfully it doesn't matter to me either way. With one or two folds you will still need to open them up and fold them lengthwise to get that center channel. Maybe that's how they should be folded for packaging instead.

Ah that's why they looked so appealing. I've always liked the way they looked

Folding lengthwise makes a big difference in how it fits when putting on the diaper.

I wish they would do this!

I have a feeling a longtime ago I tried a medical brand that was bifold but I might be misremembering.

I'm sure a lot of it is that's the way I've always seen baby/infant/toddler diapers, so that's just what's associated in my head when I think of "diapers". I just like how the corrugated front and back ends are together on one end, and the single smooth fold is there on the other end.

There is a North Shore video that explains how to prep a diaper they sell. You open it up and fold it length wise and press down to stretch it. That uncompresses the filler and pop ups the leak guards.

I never thought about it so I really don't care how my diapers are initially folded. I do tend to open a diaper up and let it 'breath' for a day or so before wearing.

Back