Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feelings toward being a DL

Quote Originally Posted by DPRLuv85 View Post
    This all makes perfect sense actually.

I like this a lot. I don't think I could confidently wear at work though. I've done it a few times when I know I'm going to have a slow day at work; but normally my job is very physical with a lot of bending over and squatting....a recipe to have a shirt ride up and expose my secret to all my coworkers. A chance I'm not willing to take unless I had to. Other than that though, this is really something to think about. I often try to wear when performing other activities, but I find that my concentration is split up between the task and thinking about the diaper I'm wearing. Maybe with enough repetition and time this could become less of an issue?

Thank you...that helps a lot!
    The wadrobe issue is a concern for many. Heavily consider upgrading your wardrobe to include long length shirts, or even better yet plain onesies that look exactly like a standard tee shirt or under shirt. That, and make sure to upgrade your pants wardrobe to be one size larger than you normally need (to accomodate the bulk of the diaper), and of couse black as well (just in case of leaks).

You'll find that with the right attire, and with a diaper you can trust won't leak, then you won't be so preoccupied by them. And yes, the longer you wear without any issues, the less of an issue it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by DPRLuv85 View Post
    Thank you Trevor and Slomo...your responses are very helpful. In the past, I have discussed these exact feelings with my wife. When I first told her about my diaper wearing; the frequency at which I wear diapers immediately jumped from once or twice a month to weekly. It was at this point that I had similar feelings that I'm having right now; although not as strong as now. Now I wear either daily or every other day. She has been supportive and excited for me at every step. She tells me over and over again that I have nothing to be ashamed of. She at times even begs me to put a diaper on...she likes it when I wear diapers. So, my wife has helped some. In the back of my mind though, I can't help but think that she's not an ABDL and that I need the advice from people that have been through this before.

After some more thinking, I think at least part of what I am feeling comes from trying to be "normal"...whatever the hell "normal" even is. I strive to fit in with everybody else around me, and most of the time I do; however, I do think to myself that being an average person doesn't involve wearing diapers for fun. Am I wrong here? Can I be normal guy and at the same time have a secret diaper wearing life? Don't get me wrong...I'm not about to give up being a DL. Just the opposite actually, I only want to wear more often...so you can see where my dilemma is. The more I wear the farther removed I feel from conforming to social norms; should I even care about social norms? What's strange is I actually have conflicting feelings in this area. I also, at times, am a very proud DL. There's just something about wearing diapers that makes me feel special when compared to the non-diaper wearing public.

Now about that feeling of fear. What if my diaper wearing starts to interfere with my other hobby and interests? I don't want to become some kind of creepy diaper addict that only cares about diapers and nothing else. I mean, so far I'm good...I still go to work, I still play my guitar, I take care of all the bills, I keep the house in good shape...but what if?
    It's funny. The desire to be normal isn't nearly as strong when you're thinking about something positive. Many people would be fine with being abnormally wealthy or smart or strong. We're far more sensitive to it when the abnormality is considered negative. Obviously, a desire (sexual or otherwise) for diapers would be quickly called out as a negative abnormality by many. Everyone has many abnormalities that go to make up a person. We moderate them in public so as to fall into the range of what is considered normal and average. That doesn't make normal or average intrinsically better, it just means it's easier to get along with everyone when we behave in that way. I suppose our problem would be more substantial if we had to convince everyone we met to accept our love of diapers as part of "normal". Keeping it private, we only have to explain it to intimates and it's only relevant in the circumstances where we wish it to be. We are many things to many people and I think there's more than enough room to be a diaper weirdo when you want.

Your last paragraph about fear reminded me of something: when I first learned I wasn't alone, it wasn't really comforting because all the other ABDLs I was seeing seemed extreme to me. As a young ABDL, I was afraid that this might be my destiny and I wasn't looking forward to my time on daytime television in a diaper or forever asking "Who's wet?" in chatrooms. Over time, I got more comfortable with the community and myself and I realized that I was going to remain essentially who I was even as I grew and adapted. I've become less self-conscious about it over the years but I'm still myself. You will be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It's funny. The desire to be normal isn't nearly as strong when you're thinking about something positive. Many people would be fine with being abnormally wealthy or smart or strong. We're far more sensitive to it when the abnormality is considered negative. Obviously, a desire (sexual or otherwise) for diapers would be quickly called out as a negative abnormality by many. Everyone has many abnormalities that go to make up a person. We moderate them in public so as to fall into the range of what is considered normal and average. That doesn't make normal or average intrinsically better, it just means it's easier to get along with everyone when we behave in that way. I suppose our problem would be more substantial if we had to convince everyone we met to accept our love of diapers as part of "normal". Keeping it private, we only have to explain it to intimates and it's only relevant in the circumstances where we wish it to be. We are many things to many people and I think there's more than enough room to be a diaper weirdo when you want.

Your last paragraph about fear reminded me of something: when I first learned I wasn't alone, it wasn't really comforting because all the other ABDLs I was seeing seemed extreme to me. As a young ABDL, I was afraid that this might be my destiny and I wasn't looking forward to my time on daytime television in a diaper or forever asking "Who's wet?" in chatrooms. Over time, I got more comfortable with the community and myself and I realized that I was going to remain essentially who I was even as I grew and adapted. I've become less self-conscious about it over the years but I'm still myself. You will be too.
    Thank you for the positive words of encouragement, Trevor! It makes a lot of sense that the abnormality of certain things is amplified by public perception. I really hope that I can learn to ignore this aspect and/or diaper wearing in general becomes less taboo. I mean, I wear diapers...so what?

I can totally relate to the same fears you had. I for sure donít want to end up like the examples you described. Aside from wearing diapers more and more often; I canít see a time when I would take my diaper wearing public or sit in chat rooms describing whatís in (or not in) my diaper. Itís certainly comforting to know someone else has had the same fear and gotten through it while retaining the same personality and integrity.