Anyone keep a “diaper journal”?

wew1992

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve been a DL for a while, but haven’t had much chance to try different brands/types. This is something I am going to do, especially with free samples. So an idea I had was to keep a little book that I am calling my diaper journal. In it I make note of brand/type, look, feel, capacity, comfor, and overall reflection of that specific product. I can use this information to reflect on later and make determination of what I prefer most. I can also look back on it if someone asks whether or not I’ve tried a certain product and give them my thoughts.

This has me curious: does anyone else on here keep a journal like this or have thought about doing one?

Adisc and my deviantart are my journal. But i thought about making like a review journal type thing. That would be cool!

I am not sure if this counts but I often use an App called BabyStats to track when I pee or poop (not really into messes). Also, it tracks formula, feeding, and sleep.
It's not quite a journal, but it is tracking diaper usage.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Easyupssuck41 said:
Adisc and my deviantart are my journal. But i thought about making like a review journal type thing. That would be cool!

A review journal is more or less what I’ve started doing, but it includes more personal detail and thoughts/reflections on said product too. It seems to be a bit of an easy thing for me though because I am a writer. But I certainly recommend you getting a composition book or journal of some sort and trying it out if you’ve had thoughts about it. Worse case scenario is that you decide it isn’t for you. If that’s the case, I big deal. But if you like it, then you have another wonderful tool for yourself. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Weezey said:
I am not sure if this counts but I often use an App called BabyStats to track when I pee or poop (not really into messes). Also, it tracks formula, feeding, and sleep.
It's not quite a journal, but it is tracking diaper usage.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

While that’s interesting, and I’m glad it’s working out for you, it is not what I was asking about. I was asking on whether or not anyone kept a journal or something that tracks the brands and types of diapers they have tried, and their own thoughts/reviews on those diapers. But thanks for your input! :)

I do keep some records.

I have a spreadsheet of the diapers I have tried and little notes about them, just enough so I know whether to order a specific diaper again.

I did at first but when I saw my urologist or my doctor neither one was interested in seeing the log so I stopped recording that was almost 5000 diaper changes ago but whos counting

In the beginning when I was back in diapers, I realized I needed a diaper journal, not only for brands of diapers and their fit, function and capacity. But also to track my own need for capacity in my diapers on a daily basis, while at work.

In the beginning I had numerous and disasterous diaper leaks. And now I now my need.
But sure a diaper journal is helpful when you are back in diapers in the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great idea. I can’t remember 90% of what I have tried except for vague recollections, would have been great to have kept track of everything rather than just the stand out ABDL diapees and the stuff that went the shrinkflation route.

I do keep a mental diaper journal of sorts. I may not recall every detail, but the biggest one of how well does it work or not is one I remember for them all.

I did when I was first back in nappies full time, after a long break, while catching up with the then-current product ranges. After a few months and lots of trials, it started to become redundant. For regular daytime wear I had settled on the Tena Slip and I rapidly gained enough experience of that to provide an effective comparison for anything else I wanted to try. What I did then find useful was an up-to-date log of availability and pricing from various suppliers, in different quantities, as keeping stock under control is always a bit of a challenge with my frequent unplanned travel etc.

I do not keep a journal on a regular basis. But I’ve kept a record of my urination times and amounts, whether I peed in the toilet or in my diaper, and what I’ve had to drink for a couple of weeks at a time before visits to a urologist. Several of the urologists that I’ve seen over the years have asked for such records prior to appointments.

BabyDenise said:
I do keep some records.

I have a spreadsheet of the diapers I have tried and little notes about them, just enough so I know whether to order a specific diaper again.

I have a spreadsheet as well, quite useful.

BabyBoyRyan said:
I have a spreadsheet as well, quite useful.

clearly we're all a bunch of geeks... (me and my spreadsheets too!)

bambinod said:
clearly we're all a bunch of geeks... (me and my spreadsheets too!)

Geek and proud :D

Back