Keeping bladder totally relaxed and draining all the time, inpact on continence?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Dose keeping ones bladder totally relaxed and not exercising the sphincter affect continence? I like to simulate incontinence. When I’m laying down/walking/sitting I have trained myself to wet without clenching my sphincter, it just dribbles out in small amounts. the reflex to clamp has gone now and I feel open. The only thing I’ve noticed is that my bladder feels uncomfortable because it feels like I need to pee when I’ve just peed so know I’ve got nothing in my bladder. So I assume it’s become over-sensitive? I don’t know if I want actuall incontience but I like portending to have it. Do you think keeping the sphincter open and relaxed all the times has some impact on continence levels?

Like ant muscle, lack of use will cause the sphincter to atrophy. That weakness combined with the established habit of keeping it relaxed is likely to become incontinence. At that point, it is probable that with effort, you could recover it, rather like training a toddler to start using a muscle he has never used before.

It'll take a long time for you to become incontinent. People have tried what you're doing for months and still have their continence.

It's more of a sensory desensitizing thing than anything else. Ignore a persistent signal long enough and you'll stop noticing it as much, or at all.

Most of your bladder control is done so through your subconscious. You cannot (medically and scientifically proven) control your subconscious. It is nearly impossible to become incontinent by just going.
Your sphincter will not atrophy but your bladder will eventually decrease it’s size and volume. You’ll urinate more frequently at smaller amounts. It is possible to psychosematically become incontinent, but not physically by the method you stated.

mayhem said:
Most of your bladder control is done so through your subconscious. You cannot (medically and scientifically proven) control your subconscious. It is nearly impossible to become incontinent by just going.
Your sphincter will not atrophy but your bladder will eventually decrease it’s size and volume. You’ll urinate more frequently at smaller amounts. It is possible to psychosematically become incontinent, but not physically by the method you stated.

That's only half true. Your body has an internal sphincter which you cannot consciously control, and an external sphincter which you can control. Our internal sphincters will periodically relax whenever our bladder begins to fill up. With a reduced bladder capacity, that will automatically happen more and more often.

Our external sphincters we can control. By keeping it constantly relaxed you absolutely will cause muscle atrophy. Depending on how well and how often you relax the muscle, that atrophy can happen in under a month, or never at all- regardless if you wear and use a diaper 24/7.

The more atrophied your external sphincter becomes, the more often your bladder will want to release all the pee in you. The more that happens the smaller your bladder will become and the more often your internal sphincter will also automatically relax. Eventually your internal sphincter can also end up staying constantly relaxed, and you'll leak near constantly even though you never consciously made it that way.

I like to do little wets every 10 minutes or so, but every day or two I stop wetting until my bladder is completely full. This enables me to keep muscles and control at peak performance. I never have any issues with leaks or lack of capacity when out of nappies for whatever reason.

Back