Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Fun

Default Wal-Mart Fun

I made a wal mart run today and while I was there I picked up a pack of XL goodnites and some wipes. I usually try to say something to get them to comment on the diapers but of course they never do. Well today I staked the package of goodnites on at the end of pile of items on the conveyor belt along with the wipes. Turns out the cashier was someone I used to work with she transferred to another Wal-Mart. Her name is Rita and she was in her later 50s if i remember correctly. As she picked them up she looked at me and said I didn't know you had babies. I know to most this would be a nightmare but to me it was quite a thrill. Since I knew her I decided against telling her they were for me which I have done before. I told her I was babysitting my niece for the week. She asked her age and I told her she was 8. The best part was that the goodnites would not scan the package had torn around the bar code. It was slow and she had been talking to the cashier next to her, a girl named Dawn, she was looked to be in her late teens.

Dawn was still standing there talking to her as I was checking out so she overheard the whole conversation. She still did not have a customer so my cashier asked her to run back and get another package. She asked if I would mind showing her where they were apparently she was not that familiar with the baby section of the store . I of course did not mind as I was having quite a good time. This girl must have been new because she was quite chatty. She asked if my niece had accidents every night or just occasionally. I told her pretty much every night. She asked how old she was I told her 8. She asked if she used the potty before bed I told her yup as far as I knew. She said that she must just have a small bladder and it was nothing to be ashamed of. As she picked up a non torn package she made an unconscious remark that they sure had changed. I pretended not to hear what she said but she just shrugged it off and said she wet the bed till she was 12 and she had gotten over it and my niece would too. I told her that bed wetting ran in our family and I wet the bed into my teens (I left out the and I still wet part but hey it was still fun). Dawn took the damaged pack of goodnites up to the service desk and I finished checking out.

It was quite a pleasantly thrilling Wal-Mart run and will probably never happen again but I will make a point of targeting her lane if I see her next time I am on a goodnite run. I know I am crazy but after wearing diapers so long the slight embarrassment of the cashier saying something when I am buying gives me a rush and I know it has probably been 5-10 years since she wore any kind of diaper but its cool I talked to someone who was old enough to remember wearing a diaper to bed

Lol, nice. I would not have played things up like you did (too shy). I remember when I first bought a package of Goodnites at a grocery store. They had just switched over from the original thick(er) white Goodnites to the "new and improved" (read: thinner, trimmer, and leakier) white Goodnites, so I grabbed a pack of the thicker ones--which apparently were no longer in the store's system. The cashier called another one over to help, but to no avail. Which meant a price check, called over the supermarket loudspeaker: "I NEED A PRICE CHECK ON GOODNITES, IN THE BABY ISLE." And cue melting into embarrassment right on the spot.

When the Goodnites boxer shorts came out, I had to buy a pack to try. So I went to Walmart, wich where the only one to have it then.

When I got to the cash register, the price was wrong and I went over with a dude to prove it. So, I ended up having the pack for free.

Not as exiting as your story, but a hell of a love more economic! hehe

Too bad the GN Shorts where such garbage. Oh well, My collection took more volume.

What an epic story! I love it! I'm sure you will relive that in your /mind over and over

Quote Originally Posted by DiaperLines View Post
    What an epic story! I love it! I'm sure you will relive that in your /mind over and over
    Yeah I have gone through almost half the pack so far every time I put one of the goodnites on I relive the experience.

Darkfinn

I love messing with cashiers on the rare occasions that I go to the store to get diapers. It's always fun to give them the old "I don't need a bag, everyone knows I wear diapers anyways." line and watch their reaction.

Red face

Hey, I love that story! I'm sure you'll remember it every time you see Goodnites

I'm interested by this, because at first I was really shy with buying diapers. Now, while I wouldn't be thrilled by such an exchange, I wouldn't be bothered by it either. I've compartmentalized to the point where I literally believe they're for my grandmother. lol

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    I'm interested by this, because at first I was really shy with buying diapers. Now, while I wouldn't be thrilled by such an exchange, I wouldn't be bothered by it either. I've compartmentalized to the point where I literally believe they're for my grandmother. lol
    Yeah when I first started buying diapers I was so nervous they would think they were for me I almost wet my pants which did not contain a diaper btw now a part of me hopes they think they are for me.