Tips to successfully continue wearing 24/7 without giving up.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anybody got any tips on how they continued wearing 24/7 successfully and got through the period where you lose interest and burning out?

Reactions: PaddedMI
put on another diaper

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, freedom69, Jorelaxed and 2 others
I had times where I "burned out" I had to accept the fact that I am going to wear diapers from now on. The first few days were great but after that I thought that can I really do this? from now on? can I put up with the continual washing and drying diapers, putting on a clean dry diaper three to four times a day and dealing with wet diapers collecting in a laundry basket. I started wearing 24/7 about 5 to 6 months ago with a few breaks in the beginning.
Wearing diapers all day and night has become a regular procedure. I like the feel of a diaper between by legs and the secure comfort that they provide. I sleep well every night, not worrying about having to get up an run to the bathroom

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, freedom69, diapers4life and 7 others
Avoid taking breaks from diapers, even short ones. Don't say "oh I think I'll take of my diaper for the trip to the store, but will definitely pad back up right after I get home". Just put your foot down and say NO to skipping out, however brief. (lol)

After a few weeks it'll become a habit and will be easier to ignore any reasons to sneak out for awhile.

Throwing away your regular underwear is always an option too! (open up your underwear drawer).... (see only diapers).... "Well, I guess I don't really have a choice now do I?"

I visited family for a week awhile ago, and only brought diapers with me. So, with diapers in the suitcase and undies 300 miles away, I really didn't have a choice! (and I must admit, that was a bit exciting to think about - I was truly forced to wear diapers!)

If you don't want to throw then away just yet, at least put them somewhere very inconvenient to retrieve them from. Pack them away... maybe put them in a box and wrap with lots of tape ;)

Reactions: diapers4life, freedom69 and diaperdude
You are so right. When I stopped wearing a diaper for a short time (about a week) when I went out without a diaper, and shopping I was so uncomfortable and not feeling secure; I had to know where the bathroom was and really couldn't fully concentrate on the task, whatever it was, and divide my thinking to do what I had planned to do and if I was going to wet my clothing. In my mind I had to make the decision that the uncertainty of going without a diaper and that I had to make the decision to not go back to wearing underwear and that I must wear a diaper at all times.

Reactions: freedom69, Diaperpee8 and diapersoaker
The things I am going to implement which I haven't done before.

Before I liked to wet so I would continually drink excessive amounts of drinks, this resulted in leaks and me having to change quite frequently. This time I'm going to drink my normal amount and pee less frequently. This means my nappy capacity is much better and I can continue to let my sphincter remain unclenched. I wet in little dribbles and gushes. I'm going to get into a routine with changing

I going to totally ignore I'm wearing. I'm not going to acknowledge I'm wearing or wetting. I'm not going to touch my nappy area. I'm not going to think about nappies at all. I'm not going to spend excessive amounts of time on nappy sites. I'm going to normalise my wearing. If people find out I'm not going to have catastrophic thinking or worry about it. I am going to be more open about it.

Reactions: diaperdude and WillFord384
You are right! Since I have worn diapers now for over 5 months without a break from them wearing a diaper is normal for me, I put one on and proceed with my activities of the day. I don't make any changes in my fluid intake, diaper changes are accomplished as needed. I believe that the edge of my diaper has been visible to an onlooker but I survived, no longer embarrassed about it. Essentially I have become less conscious about wearing a diaper in public, and indeed when I am out in public I have not been concerned about other people who may think that I am strange or somehow perverted because I am wearing a diaper under my clothing.

Reactions: freedom69 and Neroforte
I’ve only been 24/7 for a short time, but I just remind myself that if I don’t put a diaper on I’m going to miss it soon, so I might as well just not be lazy now cuz I’ll regret it later.

I also wear by choice so it’s tupically a very easy choice.

Also keep a very thin option in your diaper Arsenal. Like I have depends pull ups for work, so if you ever have a need for hyper discretion you have an option and you don’t have to break the streak.

Last edited:
Why not stop then if you don’t need to wear one? Let the urge come back on its own. It will save you money in the long run, if leakage is still some concern you can try pads or underwear to cut back on noise/absorbency/cost

My approach is to avoid creating situations where having a nappy on is a negative experience. If I think it will be a nuisance or I have concerns about exposure, I would rather bypass that and go without, instead of forcing myself to wear one every minute of every day just on principle. Each hiatus, which might be just a few hours or a day or two, has a couple of other benefits. There is a chance to prove that my bladder function is unaffected, which is reassuring, and it creates a natural break point to consider whether I feel more comfortable out of nappies, without having to 'quit' deliberately. What happens every time, though, is that I miss the comfort and convenience and always want a nappy back on as soon as practical.

Some might not think my routine true 24/7, although I have had runs of many months without a break. Given my work environment it's a miracle that I've been able to pull that off. It's not worth spoiling the fun with a really bad experience, by being too dogmatic about what represents 24/7 wear.

Reactions: Ortler, Soupsoup72 and GoodnitesXL21
If I am not wearing a diaper, I must be close to a toilet. I pee small amounts frequently, but enough to have an embarrassing leak, if i' am not wearing some form of protection. When not wearing a diaper I have used pads and disposable underwear. These will work for a short time but will leak if not changed when needed. When I'm wearing a diaper, and I wet, several times the diaper is able to contain what I pee. However all products will leak at some time but diapers work best.

Reactions: Wetshisbed
When I started wanting to wear for longer periods, I was able to make it a couple weeks without much trouble. After that, it started to feel normal and boring and those are things I don't want diapers to be for me. The way that worked for me when it started feeling dull was to remind myself how long I had been in diapers and how abnormal that was and all the more abnormal because it was a duration unbroken by convenience.

There might be other ways I could look at this to keep my motivation high but it has worked so far. My ultimate motivation for wearing is as a sexual thing but obviously I can't (and wouldn't even want) that to be maintained all the time. My trick has been to keep it fun and exciting when I have time and inclination to pursue it but not having it as a distraction to daily life. It seems to work pretty well over the last few years of 24/7 stints.

Depending on how you think about it, I could see the fact that there are breaks in my 24/7 wearing to be quitting. I still see underwear as my norm even if I've been 24/7 a bit more than not over the last five years. I doubt I'd ever want to give up underwear entirely. I like both.

Reactions: Ortler
The first things to decide is the conditions of wearing 24/7. Would pull-ups and using the toilet for all needs count? The next thing would be to set a goal. After that goal is met, set another one.

When I am in a mood to wear all the time, I will frequently wear pull-ups and use the toilet as if I was wearing normal underwear. My goal for such times is to keep my clothes clean during periods of diarrhea. When my bowels return to normal, I stop wearing all the time. That is my version of 24/7.

Reactions: PaddedMI
Budget yourself so you can actually afford it, that's the best tip I can give. Even if it's not a problem or you already have done so, it's one of the things most people don't think about. I did some math and assuming I changed every time I 'went' during the day, (Using ABU or other more expensive ab/dl diapers as opposed to normal adult ones) I'd be using probably 4-6 diapers a day, that's about $150 every two weeks. That's also probably conservative. I know your question was probably for after the acquisition of diapers but most people don't think about cost.

Using disposable diapers can be very expensive. why not try cloth

I started wearing diapers 24/7 two years ago to use them up. When Spring came, I went back to panties. Last Winter I started in October and went to April. I did wear panties over them at times. This year I got plastic pants so I could wear the diapers longer between changes. It is fun and harmless.

As mentioned, if you want to force or encourage long term diaper wearing then toss out all of your regular underwear. Also as mentioned, budget for them so you won't end up running out. Giving them a higher priority helps with this. I put my diapers less important than my house payment, but more important than all other bills. So if you run out of money, it isn't diapers you can't afford, it's cable tv or your phone.

For 24/7 wearing you really shouldn't be spending more than $5.00 per day on diapers, or your not using the right diapers. That's up to $150 per month so make sure you can absorb that cost in the long term.

If you want to wear 24/7 then it will be hard at about the 1 month mark. I found it easier when I had someone to check that I was wearing at random times during the day. (kik we never actually met)

Another thing that others have said but is worth repeating, get rid of your underwear completely. Throw it out. If you are not ready to do that, then get some water in a clean sealable container and put your underwear in there. That way you can't just put a clean pair on whenever.

My wife throw all my normal underwear in the rag bin when I started wearing nappies. She told me to get used to wearing nappies and get on with my life. She wasn't being mean she knew I would get over my self and just get used to being in nappies quicker. 9 years on and wearing nappies is just as natural as breathing now.

Reactions: Lyric, freedom69, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
alwayz said:
You are so right. When I stopped wearing a diaper for a short time (about a week) when I went out without a diaper, and shopping I was so uncomfortable and not feeling secure; I had to know where the bathroom was and really couldn't fully concentrate on the task, whatever it was, and divide my thinking to do what I had planned to do and if I was going to wet my clothing. In my mind I had to make the decision that the uncertainty of going without a diaper and that I had to make the decision to not go back to wearing underwear and that I must wear a diaper at all times.
I wouldn't feel dressed now without a nappy on.

Reactions: Neroforte and Lyric
Back