Does anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

noname

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Does anyone in here have an older kiddo that also needs diapers i have an 10 yo boy thats nonverbal that is still in diapers full time

What condition causes his disabilities?

He is autistic and has mild cp

I know a few abdl's that have older kids in diapers. I won't release names, but one has a son that has the cutest laugh that just makes me wanna go so little and laugh with him. I believe he's autistic as well.

I have a cousin that has been in diapers since birth due to autism. He is almost 28 now.

I have a friend in North Carolina who has an adorable kind-hearted son (who has Autism) who is almost 5 years old and he still wears Pampers diapers. Her son has about the same level of Autism as I do (both her son and I have higher functioning Classic Autism). Actually a lot of times he is dressed very well - in longalls and T-strap shoes, especially to church on Sundays. He is mainstreamed in pre kindergarten this year. He does have a lot of struggles with Autism, but a lot of them are issues that I face as well. I was mainstreamed through school, all the way from kindergarten to high school, which may have been a bad mistake, actually, because I wasn't taught any life skills. Aside from him, I also have a friend who is 50 years old who also has Classic Autism who lives in Idaho (whom I've known about 8 years) who also wears diapers. The just turned 50 year old had a heatstroke that almost killed him when he was 15, and he has worn diapers since he was a child. The sunstroke / heatstroke certainly didn't make things any better. He is a little more functional than me - he is like a 7 year old emotionally and socially, although he too doesn't hold a job. I know people with Asperger Syndrome who are like 11 or 12 year olds emotionally and socially and they don't have jobs either (The unemployment rate for Autism is 85%!!). I also knew a mom who now lives in Kentucky who has two kids with Autism - both are in their mid 20s - one of them (the one who has more severe Autism) wears diapers out of necessity, and then the other one (who has an IQ in the 90s probably), happens to be an adult baby. Probably about 2% of all ABs are Autistic, but I noticed that among Autistic people, being an adult baby is actually quite common. Maybe for a few people, it's actually because of the fact that they have to wear a diaper for medical reasons, so then it develops into infantilism. And when you are always treated like a little kid, after a while you start acting like one. I'm not exactly an adult baby, as I don't wear a diaper; however I do act like a 4 1/2 year old to 5 year old emotionally and socially, and I do have higher functioning Classic Autism, and it has affected to the point where, along with my ADHD, there's no way I can even hold down a job. I'm permanently and totally disabled. As I just said, I don't wear diapers - BUT - I do love a lot of the childhood things because I never quite grew up - I can't even act like an adult even if I wanted to. I used to be addicted to pacifiers. I also have this fascination of longalls and jon jons - which are common dressy clothes for little boys to wear in the Deep South. If I could get longalls in my size, I would most certainly wear them - in public - because it would represent what I am truly inside. I think most actual real children think I'm like a 4 year old. My dad at one point recently said my 5 1/2 year old nephew is actually mature than me. - Longallsboy

My family has had custody of my cousin (I guess...? technically he's my 1st cousins' kid) for 2.5 years now--but because of my grandmother requiring a full-time caretaker these days, it's mostly been myself and my older sister that look after my cousin.

He had serious kidney issues (along with some other things) very early in his life, and as such still wears diapers at night, and partially in the day sometimes @ 5 years old.

I attend day programs with people who are intellectual disabilities and have autism who are incontinent. They leave the nappy boxes in the toilet and changing area. I find it interesting what nappies the NHS. use. I also use the clinical waste nappy bins to dispose of my wet/messy nappies.

I think I am on the mild side of Aspergers also. My son is diagnosed as such. I have many of the traits. I think it makes retreating to babyhood more likely.

Ok a little off-topic here, but as an Aspie, I'm trying to find more information aside from adisc that could link AB/DL lifestyle with Asperger or Autism, so far, it seems very common for Asperger and Autism persons to like wearing diapers and regress, and I think I know why, Autism and Asperger are extremely anxious, we don't realize it too much, but relieving that anxiety by wearing diapers and regressing to a stage in life where we didn't have any responsibilities at all probably help us a lot cope with anxiety and other problems that Autism and Asperger have in common.

I apologize for my comment. I misread the post. For the question, I don't know the answer.

Last edited:
I had a 9 year old foster kid once. He knew nothing of my AB/DL side. One day, he put on a Goodnite and pranced around the house saying "I am MAN BABY!"

After telling him to get his ass in that bedroom and get some shorts on, my wife and I looked at each other and burst out laughing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back