Things that annoy you in Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I absolutely love Anime and watch a lot of it (Primarily in Japanese with English Subtitles as otherwise I would have to wait so long to finish a lot of Anime or even get close to being done and I never been that much into Manga), but I have to say I hate when there is a lot of filler or when an Anime is just dragging its feet.

For example One Piece seems to be falling into a habit of really long story Arcs, I had hoped it was just the DressRosa Arc that was that long (I'm pretty sure it took over a year from start to finish), but this Big Mom Arc is also really long.

I feel like they could condense these arcs down to maybe 50% as long.

I also really miss Zoro, as well as some of the other Straw Hat pirates (Zoro is my favorite by far though), I think there are still a lot of good episodes and a lot is going on behind the scenes and it will keep being good, but it just seems like some arcs are way too long and that its becoming a frequent thing.

Things that cheese me off in anime?
Dragonball.
Or any other show where half the show is spent punching each other so hard as to knock a crater into the side of a mountain. Only to have that combatant climb out of the crater, unscarred, not even bruised, and jump right back into the fight.

Anime that gets dubbed by 4Kids entertainment. They sensor way too much content. They cover up all the blood, partial nudity, perverted scenes, and all of the hardcore action that I enjoy about anime.

Naruto has too much filler episodes. Before the timeskip was supposed to happen, they put in 100 episodes of nonsense which most of it is garbage. There's the boat saga where its just 12 episodes of antics while getting Naruto away from the war. Then close to the end of shippuden, where during a fight, they pop in a random episode that has nothing to do with what's going on then (happens more than once). I have yet to see Boruto.

Yugioh also has problems. The original series has all of the episodes dubbed (though I wish it could get re-dubbed by Funimation). But from GX onward, they stop the dub whenever a new series starts. There's more story to each saga that could be done in English.

Those are my gripes with Anime.

Boruto has been pretty decent so far (IMO anyways), but it's still pretty early and while I get that there is a reason for filler, at least they could do something to show that it is Filler episodes and not relevant to the main story line, kind of like how One piece did "episodes of the East Blue" and then "Episodes of Skypiea", at least something like that clearly says what is going on

oh I'm like that with Highschool DxD, I read the light novels...I'm light years ahead of the anime, but now when I watch it I'm like oh missed that out, oh they did it that way

BabyTyrant said:
I absolutely love Anime and watch a lot of it (Primarily in Japanese with English Subtitles as otherwise I would have to wait so long to finish a lot of Anime or even get close to being done and I never been that much into Manga), but I have to say I hate when there is a lot of filler or when an Anime is just dragging its feet.

For example One Piece seems to be falling into a habit of really long story Arcs, I had hoped it was just the DressRosa Arc that was that long (I'm pretty sure it took over a year from start to finish), but this Big Mom Arc is also really long.

I feel like they could condense these arcs down to maybe 50% as long.

I also really miss Zoro, as well as some of the other Straw Hat pirates (Zoro is my favorite by far though), I think there are still a lot of good episodes and a lot is going on behind the scenes and it will keep being good, but it just seems like some arcs are way too long and that its becoming a frequent thing.

Watch the One Pace edit of the series, or read the manga. The anime has been unwatchable ever since the middle of Enies Lobby.

Nothing annoys me about Anime.... well except when they become incoherent like NGE trailing off into obscure oblivion rather than finishing a story.

I also can’t stand when they get close to the finish and it gets really exciting only to slow right down at the end as they plan to do another season, 7 deadly sins is guilty of that and Blood Blockade Battlefront I felt went from an excellent fresh anime for the first 70% to the most dead boring waste of a series.

Filler arcs in long anime can be annoying too.

Fillers , definitely fillers for long running anime like naruto , one piece etc but one piece i find tends to be very draggy. A simple event can takes many episodes to conclude which is very annoying like a fight between luffy and katakuri takes so many episode which equals to real life time of weeks even months to conclude considering 1 episode per week.

As for boruto (new naruto) the beginning is very boring , you can just watch the about 2 hour movie and skip like 50 episode in which is about a year of real time to catch up and will not miss anything imo.

The difference between the manga and anime versions of Love Hina pissed me off the most. I don't think I've ever watched it a second time after I bought the complete edition. That was back in 2003 after my first anime conveniention.

one word: Hiatuses...? hiati...?

....when they take breaks

Onesieman said:
ABut from GX onward, they stop the dub whenever a new series starts.

They've already gotten back into completing the dub since Zexal and ARC V.

I have not watched anime for a long time. I hadn’t seen flaws in it before and it seemed to me perfect. sometimes stretched very much like naruto. right now the anime is too childish for me, it seems to be just as beautiful but very naive. I watch anime to my mood.

The biggest thing that annoys me in Anime is actually two things equally. For starters, I’m hearing impaired. I don’t catch enough of anything in TV without captions/subtitles but I do comprehend 1/2-3/4 of it without. In Anime, the subtitles are NEVER the exact words being said, which throws me off. Two, I can’t read any lips in these shows either.

I’m not a big fan of the content itself either, so I guess I can see when it comes to Anime: I. HATE. IT.

wew1992 said:
The biggest thing that annoys me in Anime is actually two things equally. For starters, I’m hearing impaired. I don’t catch enough of anything in TV without captions/subtitles but I do comprehend 1/2-3/4 of it without. In Anime, the subtitles are NEVER the exact words being said, which throws me off. Two, I can’t read any lips in these shows either.

I’m not a big fan of the content itself either, so I guess I can see when it comes to Anime: I. HATE. IT.

I can see that, often the subtitles are the work of one translator where they are trying to capture the flow and best structure of the dialogue and convert it from Japanese speech to English text.

In the best case the dubbing is translated to not only capture the content but has to fit the timing of the scenes and hopefully the lip movements, in the worst case it is translated with little care and dumbed down to present it to kids in the west.

Not much can be done if you hate it though but out if interest are you bilingual English/Japanese where can comprehend some of the Japanese words? I can’t understand Japanese but prefer to watch Anime in Japanese with subtitles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back