Northshore new product November! :DDD

i hope these come in more sizes than just the small i would like to try them also

kraken98 said:
Northshore is my favorite shop. Always make the best products, the best prices, and sizes. I cannot wait to check these out, HOPEFULLY they might try to get Crinklz to make a size small >.>

I've passed this feedback along. I do remember quite a few people making the same suggestion at CAPcon. Hopefully, they're already working on it. We'll check.

- - - Updated - - -

MajesticHamster said:
This sounds like what might make me switch from cloth to disposables.
This sounds as if it's the diaper of my most wonderful dreams!
I hope it's cheap enough. Price-wise, of course. It sounds awesome! :worshippy:

Price-wise, the MegaMax will launch at $79.99 for case of 40 and $24.99 for bag of 10. (all three sizes)

- - - Updated - - -

Ehorton said:
I’ll most definitely try them out as I love NorthShore I order all my diapers from them. I used the Supreme Diapers as my everyday diapers until I found Crinklz and ABU. I hope the new mega diaper has a higher rise in front and back compared to the Supremes.

MegaMax Small and Medium each run bigger than the same sizes in Supreme. The Large size is very comparable though. So there won't be such big jumps between sizes with MegaMax like there is with Supreme.

- - - Updated - - -

12srepaid said:
When are the new colored diapers coming out?

New colored Supreme Lites have been delayed just a bit at the factory. Expecting them now in mid January with the pre-stash for the contest winners in mid-December.

- - - Updated - - -

xpluswearer said:
I see a flaw in the description in the diaper advertising - Please look at the second small photo under the diaper and it shows Large with a capacity of 48 ounces then you see in the writing of 2 gallons well lets see my Michigan math shows that to be 128 PLUS 128=256 ounces a 208 ounce difference

- - - Updated - - -

I let alex on Northshore chat service know also so they are giving out right information also

48 oz is the NorthShore tested absorbency before leakage. 6500ml is theoretical max capacity using ISO method. Very different tests with very different results on same diapers. Well clarify all this on the site to avoid confusion. Thx!

- - - Updated - - -

INTrePid said:
I love everything I'm seeing about these. Will definitely be ordering some of to try out. If they're up to the same quality as other Northshore products I know I will not be disappointed.

The MegaMax is the first NorthShore brief with frontal landing zone. While we think these have some nice improvements over similar style diapers already on the market, we know there will need to be a few more tweaks and we promise to keep improving them as quick as possible. Looking forward to your feedback.

NorthShoreAdam said:
The MegaMax is the first NorthShore brief with frontal landing zone. While we think these have some nice improvements over similar style diapers already on the market, we know there will need to be a few more tweaks and we promise to keep improving them as quick as possible. Looking forward to your feedback.

Whats the thickness going to be like on these, are they going to be nice and cushy and start thick or are they going to be super thin out of the pack and just swell?
Hoping they're at least as thick or somewhat thicker than the NS Supreme and swell, not like the ABU Simple Ultras that start out crazy thin and just swell without wicking too much :p

xpluswearer said:
If someone tells me 2 gallons it dang well better hold 2 gallons or its false advertising.
Its like Toyota saying your Prius gets 50 MPG and it gets 30 that is false advertising.

I think your analogy is quite accurate, but your conclusion is incorrect. The Prius (as is any car sold in the states) has an EPA estimated mileage. But that mileage includes a range of possibilities, and one of those possibilities could be that you only get 30 mpg. It isn't false advertising, and in fact its stated quite clearly on the paperwork showing the MPG of a new car. It is quite possible that the new product can hold two gallons, but that depends entirely on how those numbers were attained much like they are for automobiles. So, just like automobiles and their reported numbers (miles per gallon, horsepower, and torque) your mileage may vary.

There is nothing illegal about it, and nothing to get really upset about either. The information is provided and clearly stated. Automotive manufacturers will give you the best numbers they can, such as engine power numbers on an unloaded uninstalled engine measured at the crankshaft. Diaper manufacturers are going to report their best numbers as well. The difference here is that NorthShore goes a step above any other manufacturer/retailer that I know of and reports their own observed numbers as well.

I hope these or any of the northShore products are going to be available in the uk, I’ve been waiting for ages to try these.

Jonnythepony said:
Whats the thickness going to be like on these, are they going to be nice and cushy and start thick or are they going to be super thin out of the pack and just swell?
Hoping they're at least as thick or somewhat thicker than the NS Supreme and swell, not like the ABU Simple Ultras that start out crazy thin and just swell without wicking too much :p

I feel like the MegaMax will be a good combination of all those. In our testing, while you don't see the wicking quite as much as in Supremes, they seem extremely thirsty and keep absorbing more much longer than expected. However, results will vary depending on how much they need to absorb and how quickly and where on the core, etc... They are definitely not as dense as the Supremes so you won't need to fluff them up to activate the core or leakguards.

Llayden said:
I think your analogy is quite accurate, but your conclusion is incorrect. The Prius (as is any car sold in the states) has an EPA estimated mileage. But that mileage includes a range of possibilities, and one of those possibilities could be that you only get 30 mpg. It isn't false advertising, and in fact its stated quite clearly on the paperwork showing the MPG of a new car. It is quite possible that the new product can hold two gallons, but that depends entirely on how those numbers were attained much like they are for automobiles. So, just like automobiles and their reported numbers (miles per gallon, horsepower, and torque) your mileage may vary.

There is nothing illegal about it, and nothing to get really upset about either. The information is provided and clearly stated. Automotive manufacturers will give you the best numbers they can, such as engine power numbers on an unloaded uninstalled engine measured at the crankshaft. Diaper manufacturers are going to report their best numbers as well. The difference here is that NorthShore goes a step above any other manufacturer/retailer that I know of and reports their own observed numbers as well.
Point taken. Of course if you drop a 48 ounce balloon of water on anything its going to leak right then and there no one person has a 48 ounce bladder. so If one advertises 2 gallons of capacity then the diaper better be able to hold 2 gallons or not make such claims in my view. I know North Shore is a decent and honest company its just the proofreaders and lawyers are not previewing these descriptions and guides to ensure they are not misleading or false or simply clerical errors or programmer errors. I say to all sellers ensure your ads and guides are in sync. that is all. By the way I am not upset at all I am cool as a cucumber.

I guess the confusing part for me is that these are being billed as enormously capacious, yet it doesn't seem like they're expected to be all that different from the Supremes. From the NortShore site:

Supreme: (oz.) S=27, M=35, L=40, XL=42
MegaMax: (oz.) S=36, M=42, L=48

I'm not relying on these numbers to reflect exact capacity, but I do take them as an indicator of relative absorbancy and how they compare to the current product.

-RMS

RMS401 said:
I guess the confusing part for me is that these are being billed as enormously capacious, yet it doesn't seem like they're expected to be all that different from the Supremes. From the NortShore site:

Supreme: (oz.) S=27, M=35, L=40, XL=42
MegaMax: (oz.) S=36, M=42, L=48

I'm not relying on these numbers to reflect exact capacity, but I do take them as an indicator of relative absorbancy and how they compare to the current product.

-RMS

Which is no where near two gallons according to the written description right? drops mic. LOL
buy a gallon of bleach and can only use a quart not good that is basically what this is in my mind.

xpluswearer said:
Which is no where near two gallons according to the written description right? drops mic. LOL

Well, no, but I certainly accept Adam's explanation that there are two different methodologies at play here. All I'm looking for is an increase in capacity commensurate with the increased price, thickness, and name "MegaMax." A usable capacity of 2 gallons wouldn't even be usable.

-RMS

xpluswearer said:
buy a gallon of bleach and can only use a quart not good that is basically what this is in my mind.

We'd much prefer to never quote the 6500ml ISO absorbency as it's a theoretical maximum test, but one where an international standard has been agreed upon for comparison purposes. It is not, however, in any shape or form, to be intended to relate to "actual absorbency during use". Even the international standard organizations that created this test have explicitly said it is for relative comparison only and not to be intended to approximate use under normal wear conditions.

For a long time, we've received many complaints about how we quote a much less absorbency for brands like Wellness, Abena, EuroBrief, etc... than they say on their packaging. The reason was always that we don't agree that promoting the ISO dunk test absorbency is useful to customers and can be seen as misleading.

Now we have all the Chinese manufacturers quoting ISO absorbencies as well and many companies using them in their marketing. Therefore, we are using the ISO absorbency of MegaMax of 6500ml exactly as it was intended...for relative comparison only. For advising customers on absorbency under actual use, we provide the lower more realistic amounts. We believe both would hold up just fine in court if ever challenged as we have all the needed documentation for both. We are going to edit our description on the site to be even more clear which absorbency is which...these edits should be completed today...and we certainly appreciate the feedback. :cool:

NorthShoreAdam said:
We'd much prefer to never quote the 6500ml ISO absorbency as it's a theoretical maximum test, but one where an international standard has been agreed upon for comparison purposes. It is not, however, in any shape or form, to be intended to relate to "actual absorbency during use". Even the international standard organizations that created this test have explicitly said it is for relative comparison only and not to be intended to approximate use under normal wear conditions.

For a long time, we've received many complaints about how we quote a much less absorbency for brands like Wellness, Abena, EuroBrief, etc... than they say on their packaging. The reason was always that we don't agree that promoting the ISO dunk test absorbency is useful to customers and can be seen as misleading.

Now we have all the Chinese manufacturers quoting ISO absorbencies as well and many companies using them in their marketing. Therefore, we are using the ISO absorbency of MegaMax of 6500ml exactly as it was intended...for relative comparison only. For advising customers on absorbency under actual use, we provide the lower more realistic amounts. We believe both would hold up just fine in court if ever challenged as we have all the needed documentation for both. We are going to edit our description on the site to be even more clear which absorbency is which...these edits should be completed today...and we certainly appreciate the feedback. :cool:
Thank you Adam. All I am asking for is truth in advertising nothing more that goes for all diaper manufactures and suppliers worldwide. If your diaper says 2 gallons it better hold 2 gallons or 48 ounces better be 48 ounces no lower amount as a baiting techinque to get sales in which you will get them returned in a New York Second if your product does not live up to the guaranteed capacity. Not being a jerk here just saying double check everything before its advertised and published and make sure the claims match reality. I as a customer am not asking for much just being honest and not deceptive or make false claims of 2 gallons. I give a rip about some sort of international system I care about what is that diaper going to guarantee to hold so I have dry clothes and furniture and dignity! To others sorry if I am sounding like a pissy pants but I am not.

xpluswearer said:
Thank you Adam. All I am asking for is truth in advertising nothing more that goes for all diaper manufactures and suppliers worldwide. If your diaper says 2 gallons it better hold 2 gallons or 48 ounces better be 48 ounces no lower amount as a baiting techinque to get sales in which you will get them returned in a New York Second if your product does not live up to the guaranteed capacity. Not being a jerk here just saying double check everything before its advertised and published and make sure the claims match reality. I as a customer am not asking for much just being honest and not deceptive or make false claims of 2 gallons. I give a rip about some sort of international system I care about what is that diaper going to guarantee to hold so I have dry clothes and furniture and dignity! To others sorry if I am sounding like a pissy pants but I am not.

Our claim was solid...we said "compares to other diapers with a 6500ml capacity" which is 100% true as we have all the testing to prove...and we used the ISO absorbency exactly as it was intended...for comparing one diaper to another...due to using a consistent standardized test. Nowhere did we say it would hold 6500ml during actual use without leaking. I've not seen any company make that claim, and we certainly did not make that claim. However, as I said already, we're adding further clarification on the site as this is a common confusion. We would love nothing more than for all companies to stop using the ISO absorbency and just use some type of "absorbency before leakage" measure like we do in our size/absorbency charts.

Northshore has been an absolutely amazing company. They have added more diapers to their stock and now looks like they are manufacturing more as well.

I can't wait!!! Nortshore+ Walgreens drop off= Win!

I don’t see why everyone is giving Adam and his colleagues so much trouble here, but I think it’s a misunderstanding about standardized testing.

Everyone markets diapers with the ISO absorbency figure, it helps to directly compare across worldwide manufacturers’ products, but as stated it is not applicable to real-world scenarios - the same as you rarely get the stated MPG in your car, but it allows you to compare two cars when shopping. If I’m not mistaken the ISO test involves dunking the diaper in a saline solution and testing to see how much it retains.

Adam goes above and beyond this, and does his own real world testing, and provides a second figure of an estimate of what you can expect in real-world use. This is even more useful in comparing products on his website, as one diaper might have 50% more ISO absorption but only 25% more useable capacity due to a number of factors such as SAP content, core, fit, etc.

So these are two separate numbers - one to compare at industry-standard levels, and one he’s nice enough to give in addition that provides more information.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, these look like they’ll be available right around when I’m placing my next re-order, I’ll be sure to throw a pack in my cart!!

Most people don't care about the capacity number that a diaper holds. They just want to know that it absorbs well. Thank you Adam and colleagues.

I can’t wait to order these!!!

This is absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to try these out. I have always been a big advocate for Northshore products amongst my ABDL and incontinent friends. The ABDL specific printed products have their place, but I have always preferred the reliability and quality of the Northshore briefs. I cannot explain how excited I am and happy I am to see a product like this being offered by Northshore. If the product does well it would be nice to see some color added to it as well. Anyway just wanted to express my excitement. Again thanks Northshore for being an awesome company.

imagine adding a northshore booster to one of them.. Thick galore.

Back