Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why so many extremists groups these days?

I never got the whole "war on communism in the first place that resulted in many real wars with lives lost (on both sides) in many American Foreign Wars.

It's kind of like religious wars, just because somebody thinks their ideas are right they think it is their duty to "save" others.

In a way you could say capitalism is worse and creates more suffering, whereas Communism is basically groups of people forming their own communities to benefit everyone in that community, basically everywhere serve a vital role from farmers, to butchers, to doctors, etc; it is all for everyone.

If people have different religions or economic ideas, they should be left to decide things for themselves as a group/country without foreign involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    I never got the whole "war on communism in the first place that resulted in many real wars with lives lost (on both sides) in many American Foreign Wars.

It's kind of like religious wars, just because somebody thinks their ideas are right they think it is their duty to "save" others.

In a way you could say capitalism is worse and creates more suffering, whereas Communism is basically groups of people forming their own communities to benefit everyone in that community, basically everywhere serve a vital role from farmers, to butchers, to doctors, etc; it is all for everyone.

If people have different religions or economic ideas, they should be left to decide things for themselves as a group/country without foreign involvement.
    The more recent wars I'd agree with just leave them alone.

As for being less suffering, communism has always had more suffering then capitalism because it is impossible with human nature to impose "true" communism(a farmer who bleeds in the fields with his labor, and a doctor who studied for years, won't stand for a super market attendant making the same profit as them. What is the point of living if no matter what you do you are the same as everyone else.)

I think we should only intervene when we see them as a threat to us or our allies, tho maybe setting up safe areas would be ok. However on the flip side I'm not sure how I feel about letting someone like Stalin, Mao Zedong, or Hitler kill millions of their own citizens. Every thing is fine and all arguing about involvement or isolation till someone comes up to you and begs you to save their love ones life. I don't know what the moral answer is in that situation do you say no, it doesn't involve us. Or do you involve yourself in an other's war? When have enough died to warrant that? It is a very hard question, because we see times in history where it worked its self out, and others where others had to get involved to try mitigate the deaths, and further more other times where more deaths came out getting involved. (the only lesson I think history did teach is what ever choice you make, you must do it all the way not half heatedly)

Well yeah, obviously you cant morally stand by while someone like Hitler or Pol Pot (Khmer Rouge of Cambodia, basically killing anybody that thought was "too smart" ) killed millions.

However if it is more like all this "terrorism" with both sides killing each other over one difference in their ideology (AFAIK when I looked it up out of curiosity it basically comes down to differences over how their leader should be chosen, one says only god (Allah in their case) can choose leaders, the other side basically says he who has the most power (which can be bought) should be the leader), I would say let them kill each other.

That may sound cruel and of course at times there are innocents, but The United States should NOT be policing the world, you cant save everyone and some conflicts may never end (the Middle East has been fighting themselves for 1000s of years).

Yeah I know in reality communism rarely works, hut unless the leaders are killing masses of innocent people there should be no outside involvement, let them handle their own problems and let The United States focus on our own problems.

Another thing I cant stand is charities that are more than likely not what they want you to think, it is all too common for someone to start a charity, say the funds are going to a good cause, and then use the funds to afford themselves a lavish lifestyle with trips around the world in private jets, multiple mansions, multiple exotic sports cars costing well over in excess of $100,000+ per vehicle; all listed as "business expenses".

If those things were the result of a private sector business, fine.

But it is extra terrible to use the suffering of others as a stepping stool to afford yourself a millionaire lifestyle.

LittleJohnny

Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    Why so many extremists?

Because of Adulthood lol, that's why. XD

I BLAME ADULTS!

Communism can be a platform for government, but capitalism is more of an economic policy than a form of government. Communist leaders, as well as monarchs and dictators, can allow capitalism in their countries if they choose. Comparing communism to capitalism is a little misleading.

Having been to a few communist and ex-communist countries I can confidently say no-one has yet made it work - and if you have to build walls and guard towers to keep people IN it's probably not a sign that things are brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberJin View Post
    Having been to a few communist and ex-communist countries I can confidently say no-one has yet made it work - and if you have to build walls and guard towers to keep people IN it's probably not a sign that things are brilliant.
    Well, the problem is everybody has to agree to act in the interests of their own community to make Communism work; the problem being getting everyone to agree that they are all contributing equally, which is probably a hard sell in most of the world

Probably the closest thing is Amish Communities, but even there is in a way capitalistic (they still use money, they just agree to help people in their communities for a lower rate, or sometimes in a trade), but as I said people should be able to decide things for themselves without anybody saying "your religion/economic system is wrong, do things our way, or else".

There is a dangerous and growing mood in this country and the world. Right wing nationalist groups are on the rise. We are seeing autocratic populist leaders elected like Duterte in the Philippines, Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil, Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orbán, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and of course Putin. This scares me to death echoes of Europe between the two world wars. I don't claim to know what is driving this move away from democratic rulers to authoritarian ones but I don't think it bodes well for the citizens of these countries. The two part Frontline story on PBS last week about the role Facebook is playing in instability around the world. The two most egregious examples occurred in Myanmar and the Philippines. So clearly the Internet is playing a significant role. The amazing growth of cell phones have given billions of people access to the internet and susceptible to manipulation by trolls. Also the incredible increase in refugees as a result of war and famine have played a major role. The majority of hate crimes in our country are committed by right wing groups. Words have consequences and our President's words have fanned hatred and given a wink and a nod to these groups. I just google synagogue fires in New York and there have been a number of incidents in the past couple of months. We can all send a message this week by voting and sending a clear message of disapproval for what is happening in our country.

A couple things to the people saying shit hasn't changed. It has. I really don't like going into mad detail anymore since it seems never to lead anywhere but here's a couple facts.

The old hatred is coming back round again and it's the worst its been in my (admittedly short) lifetime. Check the ADL statistics and that putrid fucking asshole in Philly. The majority of people no longer have friends and relatives who lived with the consequences of fascist, nationalist, ethnocentrist and communist bullshit so they think it'll be different this time or just don't give a fuck about the people on the other side they've "othered" into subhumans.

Neonazis (don't bother to split hairs with that "white nationalist/white rights activist" shit) _are_ organized and actively, strategically co-opting right-aligned organizations seeing Trump as a bellwether signifying that their ideas and goals, dressed up nicely enough, won't be strongly dismissed by a significant segment of the American public. They are _very_ fucking organized on the internet trying to influence right-wing talking points to their side. Alt-right, white nationalism, ethnonationalism, "invaders" instead of "immigrants," the (((echoes))) is all a product of that. Ever heard of "white genocide?" That was literally a term developed by Stormfront moderators to rebrand their ideology and loyal stormfront members coordinated posting these talking points in the comments and discussion section of every article that had to deal with race that they could find in order the change the dialogue of the country in such a way that neo-nazi beliefs no longer hold pariah status... and it's been working.

I'm a soft-Libertarian and I post in a lot of libertarian discussion groups. We've had right-libertarians and social-libertarians for as long as time but in the past two years we've seen a huge surge in the numbers of unapologetically fascist, racist and neonazi posters, almost always identifying themselves as anarcho-capitalists, trying to convert Libertarianism and Libertarian membership into their ideology. Three years ago there was nary a neo-nazi or fascist in sight in these circles, now they're numerous enough to have a presence in just about every thread.