Thread: Changing the Diaper - The Other Side!

lpoolboy

Question Changing the Diaper - The Other Side!

Hi there folks!

I have spoken to many people in the IRC and have posted on here now and again. I just wanted to jot down some of my thoughts on some recent experiences of mine – Changing the Diaper – going to the other side.

I have always considered myself to be a DL since my early teens and I have loved to wear and use nappies. I just enjoyed wearing them, the feel, smell, experience of wetting etc.

However, during wearing some other feelings would crop these include; security, enjoyment, regression, wondering what it would be like to be ‘caught’ in a wet/messy nappy (by caregiver of course I don’t mean found out!). It was then I began explore my AB side – what does this mean? I had a quick peak of some AB stories and began to form some different AB role plays (with myself as the AB) and I can honestly say I was ‘happy’ with this.

However, I am not sure what has changed; but my AB side has changed. It all started when I began chatting too and role playing with another adisc member. I offered to be the part of ‘care giver’ which then changed into ‘big brother’. I can say that it is going well and I am enjoying it. Even though this is the first time I do feel comfortable in this role and the online role play situation.

The question is – why the side switch? How and why did this happen?

But why am I posting this I can hear you say? I just wanted to note down some of my feelings/discuss some things about ‘being on the other side’. I am also wondering is there a cycle that we go through?

AB --> then purge --> then switch roles.
    Or is it a natural progression? From AB to carer? (weeks/months/years?)
    Or do some people just prefer one role and stick to it never to change?
    Or can we switch sides with and for no apparent reason?

I am not sure? Anyway thanks for listening adisc.

LpoolBoy

Peachy

I think it's somewhat of a natural progression for various reasons:

(1) You're in the right age where society expects you to have real babies, so there's social pressure and also a metal development towards considering yourself fit to raising a child. If you want to go as far as calling it an urge (like the urge to urinate, or to have sex), the role as an AB caretaker may be a way to deal with that urge. If you don't want to go that far, it's maybe some kind of practice for real-life kids or anything of that nature. So, in other words, there's a natural tendency towards being a caretaker as you get older.
    (2) OVer time, you may have become somewhat bored with your previous role as a DL and wanted to try something else, while not leaving the whole AB/TB/DL world.
    (3) You've had a few years of diaper experiences and may have benefited from others' experience or help, and now you consider it your duty to give back to the 'community' by helping others with your experience.

Peachy

lpoolboy

Default Thanks

Hi Peachy – thank you for your reply. I have read and digested what you have posted.

I think it is a mix of all three. However, I am strongly leaning towards the 3rd reason:

(3) You've had a few years of diaper experiences and may have benefited from others' experience or help, and now you consider it your duty to give back to the 'community' by helping others with your experience.

The only thing I regret is that I did not find adisc sooner; I only found you guys last year. I wish that I would have had a supportive community during my teens e.g. to ask questions, feel some sort of acceptance and most of all just to talk to somebody!

However, looking at the word ‘duty’ – I don’t feel it is a duty but some sort of ‘wanting to help?’ As I think I feel that I have had a few years of diaper experiences etc and I feel I do want to give back to the community in some way.

I mean I am not saying I am beyond the ab/dl stage is just that that part of me is changing (and not just the diapers! )

Thanks peachy you are a peach!

LpoolBoy

I'm 26 and absolutely the baby in the relationship However, I have heard of a number of people make the transition...and it really does seem to be at least in the mid 20s that they would make a possible transition...oddly enough.

I was talking to someone the other day about playing both sides.

I would love to be a 'baby' in a relationship, but the daddy role in a LG/Daddy-type relationship also really intrigues me. Any others into the "switch" role like myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    I was talking to someone the other day about playing both sides.

I would love to be a 'baby' in a relationship, but the daddy role in a LG/Daddy-type relationship also really intrigues me. Any others into the "switch" role like myself?
    My Daddy is like this. He has a "little side", but to/for me, he's Daddy.

~ moogle