Things that remain from when you were younger

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I never had a phase where I grew out of watching cartoons - though I don't watch cartoons often anymore, because they got replaced with watching Anime and Gaming more often; I would watch Cartoons if I liked anything I saw on TV (to me most cartoons these days are NOWHERE NEAR as good as what used to be on TV, most particularly in the 90s and early 00s)

I mean I could probably rant for hours on how stupid most of the cartoons of today are, but I'm not gonna go there, people will like what they like and I'm not trying to change that.

Another thing is I ALMOST NEVER grow tired of pizza, there was a time where I would eat pizza all the time at work (usually frozen personal size pizzas), I still eat a lot of pizza, but not daily for almost every meal like I used to.

One of my fond memories from middle school was a food the school had called Pizza Bread, it was kinda like Pizza simplified (no sauce, no mozzarella cheese (though there may have been a little bit of grated parmesan (shaker) cheese) maybe a little touch of Oregano), basically bread that was closed and baked with Pepperonis inside it, simple but always good.

Sometimes I eat these things that look like a "Pizza Doughnut", preferably ones with Pepperonis in them (though they also make a 4 cheese variety) if I see them in a vending machine at work (they are kinda expensive though)

I have always been more of an Anime fan when I was a kid based on my cartoon preferences of Astroboy, Battle of the Planets, Ulysses 31 and Robotech all being Anime based.

I did love Thundarr the Barbarian, Masters of the Universe, Blackstar, Dungeons and Dragons, Bionic 6, The Mighty Heroes and Silverhawks all of which stay with me as formative things but some of the newer cartoons like Adventure Time and Bravest Warriors are particularly excellent.

I do think the launch of the X-Men cartoon and the DCAU was an amazing time for cartoons and loved that time.

Pizza for me is also the most amazing food source :)

Some of the old cartoons still get shown such as the Warner Brothers cartoon and cartoons like Tom & Jerry. There are a dozen variants of Scooby Doo on as well. Everything changes with time of course because we get tired of the old and need to be entertained by something we haven't seen.

Trains. I’ve never grown out of trains. Some of my earliest memories are of Thomas the tank engine and Friends and setting up sprawling rail lines in my bedroom. All that’s changed is that I’ve shifted from steam trains to high speed rail.

I never really grew out of cartoons either (and Argent, I cut my anime teeth on Battle of the Planets and Robotech as a little kid too). Loved Batman: TAS and Animaniacs in high school. Still love stuff like Gravity Falls.

I also still like my fair share of kidlit/YA books (which is funny given how dark my lit tastes often run).

I used to watch cartoons when I was younger and still do, Pokemon the only one I still watch from my younger days (I love Pokemon). Don't really remember any toys I used to play with, other than Lego, which I also still play with.

BabyTyrant said:
I never had a phase where I grew out of watching cartoons - though I don't watch cartoons often anymore, because they got replaced with watching Anime and Gaming more often; I would watch Cartoons if I liked anything I saw on TV (to me most cartoons these days are NOWHERE NEAR as good as what used to be on TV, most particularly in the 90s and early 00s)

I would agree on that, however there are some awesome cartoon around now that wasn't around back when I was a kid.

My mom still has the first book I checked out at a library. "Fly High, Fly Low" which I got at the Terrace Hills Elementary School in 1968. Libraries have my picture behind the desk with "DO NOT ISSUE A CARD TO THIS PERSON!!"

If they got all of the late fines you owe, LittleSissieJolie, they'd probably be able to add on a whole wing. XD

I actually have my favorite book from my elementary school library. Black Beauty. I somehow ended up checking it out and they never took the card from inside the jacket, which means they never had any idea where it went. XD They got a new one, I'm sure, but I still have it. I didn't find out it was the schools copy until probably a good six years after I'd left that school. :lol:

I've never outgrown toys or playing make-believe. Which is actually incredibly awkward when people show up unexpectedly and I'm waving around a sword made out of a broomstick and an old bicycle hand grip. LOL Look, someone's gotta fight the giant Wiggle Worm, alright?

Things I never outgrew: Spongebob Squarepants; I still think its funny 20 years later.
Pokemon: Its what got me into anime. I still play the games.
YuGiOh: I could play one of the games for days. Still find it addicting.
Video Games: Obviously.
Legos: I buy new sets when I feel like it.
Foods: Cupcakes, Pizza, Burgers, Nuggets, Soda, Cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back