Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: URRRGGGGHHHHH! I can't believe there are people like this in the community!

Quote Originally Posted by Poofybutt View Post
    I actually fail to see how this person makes us as a community look bad

From what you screenshotted and quoted, there's nothing that suggests this individual is a part of our particular community or painting ABs and DLs in a negative light. Unless you omitted something where this person mentions awareness of the AB/DL community or being part of it, there's nothing that indicates she is speaking for us.

That being said, I commend you for speaking up and showing the ABDL community in a positive light Based on the screenshots, many other commenters agreed with you. I also agree, it puzzles me to no end why parents would be lazy enough to allow a mature child to wear diapers past the age of 2 and a half. At the end of the day, potty training is an essential part of growing up and development. Sadly, I have known people like this, people who can't be bothered to either do the work of potty training their kid or in some warped way wanted their child to stay "young" for longer than necessary. I had a family member who kept their kid in diapers until the age of 7 and boy, did they receive pushback from the family, their excuse was that their child didn't want to be potty trained and they were honouring their child's decision. That was of course, a bogus, new agey response, this person was incredibly lazy, never worked a day in her life and their child was quite over-active, so she didn't want to slow him down and do the work.

Could you have been a little subtler in your comments back, probably, but I concur with you, this is a really weird thing that I'll never understand. Even as a big baby myself, I'm happy I was potty-trained, makes going back to adult mode after the fact much easier and as much as I like diapers, I'd hate to have to wear them all the time because my folks were too lazy to potty-train me correctly.

Also, one last note, I wouldn't really view this persons behaviour as enforcing or contributing to a fetish. That family member who was in diapers until he was 7, he's a High-School sports star now and is extremely normal. His being in diapers longer than usual as a result of lazy parenting certainly didn't make him an AB or a DL to my knowledge, but yeah it did hold him back a bit and opened him up to bullying in the classroom, that's actually the reason he eventually decided to become potty-trained and yes, his parents should have been smart enough and active enough to spare him from that.

So, yeah, as others have said, it is kind of shocking that these types exist, but they don't necessarily portray us in a negative light, they really only demonstrate that there are some truly lazy parents out there.
    I agree. Maybe this person isn't in the community. I don't know why they would be watching an ABDL channel if they weren't though 0

I was potty trained before 2 easy peasy. Straight to knickers, no looking back (well...apart from when I discovered my ABDL side). I think it's ok for kids to be not potty trained until about 3 and a half, then it just gets silly - unless they have a disability that makes it harder/impossible to train them.

About the kid you knew that was in diapers til 7. Did he ever say anything to family members? Did tell someone he didn't want to wear diapers or made a fuss? It would be interesting if he didn't. Don't know many 7 year olds that would contently wear diapers.

I would also hate to have to wear diapers all the time. Sometimes you need and want to be in big space and I wouldn't want the social stigma that comes with having to wear diapers. I would be livid with my parents if they hadn't potty trained me. It's like breaking someones legs so they can't walk.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialPastelPoppet View Post
    I agree. Maybe this person isn't in the community. I don't know why they would be watching an ABDL channel if they weren't though 0

I was potty trained before 2 easy peasy. Straight to knickers, no looking back (well...apart from when I discovered my ABDL side). I think it's ok for kids to be not potty trained until about 3 and a half, then it just gets silly - unless they have a disability that makes it harder/impossible to train them.

About the kid you knew that was in diapers til 7. Did he ever say anything to family members? Did tell someone he didn't want to wear diapers or made a fuss? It would be interesting if he didn't. Don't know many 7 year olds that would contently wear diapers.

I would also hate to have to wear diapers all the time. Sometimes you need and want to be in big space and I wouldn't want the social stigma that comes with having to wear diapers. I would be livid with my parents if they hadn't potty trained me. It's like breaking someones legs so they can't walk.
    Ah, was not aware it was an ABDL video and channel. Still that doesn't necessarily mean this person is an AB/DL, in fact, based on her response, I'd say it is safe to assume she isn't. As to why they would be viewing that particular video then, simple, people stumble upon weird things all the time on Youtube, that's why you get the haters commenting on pleasant AB/DL content, they certainly tumbled down the rabbit hole and arrived there randomly or they searched things up just to troll. Also, the title of that particular vid is something that would come up doing a pretty standard, non-AB related search and I'd say "pampers" is a pretty common search term for any parent.

So, yeah, this person obviously doesn't appear to be a part of our community. Still, they deserve to be called out, keeping kids in diapers as long as possible is incredibly lazy, poor parenting.

As far as I know, the family member who was 7 was extremely active, didn't like listening to his parents, maybe some behavioural issues, he did his own thing and his parents were too lazy to slow him down. So, no I don't think he objected until he went to grade school, faced some bullying and realized that the other kids didn't wear diapers. Like I said, he's a High-School athlete now and quite normal.

Yeah, call a spade a spade, this commenter is an incredibly lazy parent.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialPastelPoppet View Post
    Truth ^. It makes us look bad though
    I'd say it makes them look bad. It's not a norm of our community. I can see where someone outside could be confused but we just have to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I'd say it makes them look bad. It's not a norm of our community. I can see where someone outside could be confused but we just have to explain.
    True

Well, I imagine in parenting when it comes to potty training it probably helps to have a little "push", it sounds like the parents of the kid wearing diapers at 7 just let the kid dictate their life and didn't challenge him.

Kind of like how a child may say "no" to a diaper change, but the parent has to do it anyways even if the child fights them the whole way.

I imagine most children don't really want to potty train, that's why parents push a little and reward using the toilet and (perhaps) punish failure.

I sure as heck wanted potty trained as a little kid. I saw some fancy My Little Pony panties at the store and I wanted those and my mom said "You can't wear those if you pee in your diapers." And I said "I won't pee anymore. I'll use the big-girl potty." And I did. XD

(Until bladder issues kicked up. :P)

I didn't go read the screenshots, but it sounds like a lazy person who doesn't care. The same kind of parent that would leave their toddler running around in a past-capacity diaper sagging around their knees and just go "Eh. I'll take care of it later."

I've read a few stories where they had it set up that "Everyone is in diapers" as a sort of fantasy, but I always feel like that's just too much. "THE BABY IS IN DIAPERS! THE KIDS ARE IN DIAPERS! THE DAD IS IN DIAPERS! EVERYONE GETS DIAPERS!" XD (The one I read just kind of mentioned it a few times and then let it go and never brought it up again. No, I don't remember what story it was. But they were furries and the kids just graduated to bigger and bigger diapers instead of being potty trained. :P)

Yeah, but even if the child shows some signs of being ready, even if they don't really want to potty train, it's the job of the parents to make Potty Training something the child wants, that's why they use the whole "diapers are for babies, big kids use the potty" Psychology, and will use all kinds of rewards to encourage the children.

I also agree a whole family being in diapers would be a bit much, unless everyone in the family had the same disability relating to continence.

There is a member on the DD forums that mentions like all female members on one side of her family having Incontinence or troubles with Continence; so it's not like it is literally impossible, but it would have to be very rare for a whole family (makes and females) to have problems with continence; simply not Potty Training though would be quite weird and would be a major hassle for a whole family.

I mean if a family made the choice to let anyone in the family go back to diapers (after potty training) if they wanted to, that would be odd to most people but I could see members of these forums allowing it (if it ever came to fruition).

But back on track, yeah some parents are incredibly lazy, I've got family members that when I was younger had problems with Potty Training one of their kids, and they were staying with us at the time, and often when their Son that was still in diapers needed to be changed (sometimes very very badly, either his diaper was so soggy it looked like it was gonna fall off, or he was soooooo stinky), they had excuses and seemed unwilling to do it; sometimes saying "you noticed it, you change him" to my Mom or Dad.

Of course eventually they potty trained him (though I didn't make it a point to ask them when they potty trained him when we met up when I was on vacation) and he is in high school now.

My Aunt and Uncle also Potty trained their children late (though I think they were potty trained before starting school regardless).

It would have been funny to answer her, "I wish they made a size 12 so us adult babies could wear them." I wonder what she would have thought about that unless she's AB herself.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    Well, I imagine in parenting when it comes to potty training it probably helps to have a little "push", it sounds like the parents of the kid wearing diapers at 7 just let the kid dictate their life and didn't challenge him.

Kind of like how a child may say "no" to a diaper change, but the parent has to do it anyways even if the child fights them the whole way.

I imagine most children don't really want to potty train, that's why parents push a little and reward using the toilet and (perhaps) punish failure.
    Yeah. Rewarding usually works well. You should not punish failiure though. If a child wets/messes themself it's usually an accident, and punishing them isn't going to help at all. The best thing to do is say "nevermind, let's try to make it to the toilet next time"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    I sure as heck wanted potty trained as a little kid. I saw some fancy My Little Pony panties at the store and I wanted those and my mom said "You can't wear those if you pee in your diapers." And I said "I won't pee anymore. I'll use the big-girl potty." And I did. XD

(Until bladder issues kicked up. :P)

I didn't go read the screenshots, but it sounds like a lazy person who doesn't care. The same kind of parent that would leave their toddler running around in a past-capacity diaper sagging around their knees and just go "Eh. I'll take care of it later."

I've read a few stories where they had it set up that "Everyone is in diapers" as a sort of fantasy, but I always feel like that's just too much. "THE BABY IS IN DIAPERS! THE KIDS ARE IN DIAPERS! THE DAD IS IN DIAPERS! EVERYONE GETS DIAPERS!" XD (The one I read just kind of mentioned it a few times and then let it go and never brought it up again. No, I don't remember what story it was. But they were furries and the kids just graduated to bigger and bigger diapers instead of being potty trained. :P)
    Exactly. It's ok to have fantisies (although everyone being in diapers is not one of mine, I kind of like it to be special and "my thing"), but this person was talking like it should be the norm in real life. She never indicated that she was fanticising/lying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    Yeah, but even if the child shows some signs of being ready, even if they don't really want to potty train, it's the job of the parents to make Potty Training something the child wants, that's why they use the whole "diapers are for babies, big kids use the potty" Psychology, and will use all kinds of rewards to encourage the children.

I also agree a whole family being in diapers would be a bit much, unless everyone in the family had the same disability relating to continence.

There is a member on the DD forums that mentions like all female members on one side of her family having Incontinence or troubles with Continence; so it's not like it is literally impossible, but it would have to be very rare for a whole family (makes and females) to have problems with continence; simply not Potty Training though would be quite weird and would be a major hassle for a whole family.

I mean if a family made the choice to let anyone in the family go back to diapers (after potty training) if they wanted to, that would be odd to most people but I could see members of these forums allowing it (if it ever came to fruition).

But back on track, yeah some parents are incredibly lazy, I've got family members that when I was younger had problems with Potty Training one of their kids, and they were staying with us at the time, and often when their Son that was still in diapers needed to be changed (sometimes very very badly, either his diaper was so soggy it looked like it was gonna fall off, or he was soooooo stinky), they had excuses and seemed unwilling to do it; sometimes saying "you noticed it, you change him" to my Mom or Dad.

Of course eventually they potty trained him (though I didn't make it a point to ask them when they potty trained him when we met up when I was on vacation) and he is in high school now.

My Aunt and Uncle also Potty trained their children late (though I think they were potty trained before starting school regardless).
    Yep. I work with kids and I see it all the time. I've known a few 3/4 year olds in diapers. My 2 younger brothers were not trained until they were almost 4. My dad and step mum tried when they were 2 but it was a little difficult (like duh) so they just sorta gave up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    It would have been funny to answer her, "I wish they made a size 12 so us adult babies could wear them." I wonder what she would have thought about that unless she's AB herself.
    That would have actually been a good idea xD

I reckon this person doesn't have kids. I used to say I would let mine wear diapers as long as they wanted and leave it up to them to be potty trained. Then I had my own and my mind changed lol. Yeah the reason why kids decide on their own to quit wearing diapers was because they were introduced to panties and to the potty, they were shown books about it and videos, they have role models around who use the toilet. And I think the parents push it a little to get them to quit, eg. taking too long to change their diaper, taking their time changing them, making them clean up their own mess, making it inconvenient for them so the adult tells them "if only you use the potty, then you wouldn't have to deal with this anymore." So wa la, the kid decides to stop wearing them because they were manipulated to quit. Some people think this is a cruel way to potty train a child but I remember my parents stalling to change my messy ones and how painful it was when they wiped me and my ex thought they did that intentionally to get me to quit.