View Poll Results: How much do you work out?

30. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 times a week

8 26.67%
  • 1-2 times a week

3 10.00%
  • 2-3 times a week

2 6.67%
  • 4-5 times a week

10 33.33%
  • 6-7 or more times a week

7 23.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Working out

Default Working out

Just wondering, do you work out? And if so, what do you work out? Is it all to just look good? To stay in shape? Prolong your life? And what kind? Do you do weight training, aerobic?

At school, when I did not have too much time, I tried to work out at least 3-4 times a week on average. Now that I am home, I think it will go up to 5-6, betting on six more. I weight train and love it.

At first, I just did it to try it out, see what it was like and didn't really like it. But after a while it becomes like a drug. Since, when you work out, your mind releases endorphins (the things that make you feel happy, he effect also happens when you eat chocolate) after a while it feels amazing and can even be a stress reliever.

If you don't work out at all, I think you should give it a try. It's fun and its good for you

How much do you work out?

Butterfly Mage

I usually take 4 or 5 brisk walks each week. I average 4 miles per hour. I walked 9 miles this morning. Basically, I can't do anything about getting older, but I have some say about what level of fitness I will have. So I am adamant about someday being a fit, trim, distinguished older gentleman and not some 300 pound old fat slob with a lot of health problems.

I don't exercise regularly/on purpose. I just get my exercise from work (walking around, lifting boxes, etc)

Everyday, be it football practice or at the gym. I do take breaks from time to time, most of the time on Sundays.

I walk a lot. Even though I got a car for Christmas, I really enjoy walking.

I swim laps a couple times a week.

I have a squash partner. We meet twice a week.

One word: BADMINTON! If you haven't played it, let me encourage you. Played inside on a wood floor, it is vicious, nasty, brutal, fast and exhilarating. It is not the polite little lawn game you think it is.

Beyond that, I'm lazy . . . .

When I'm living at school I have 24/7 access to a nice gym facility, so I'm there roughly 6 days a week. But when I'm home its much harder to keep up with my lifting routine seeing as I dont feel like driving 30minutes to the closest gym.

As a former fat ass, working out is a part of my daily lifestyle now, and forever.

I do a full-body work out three times a week and run three days a week. I rest one day a week. My work out routine usually lasts about an hour and a half.

Like you said, working out is like a drug. The gym has become my sanctuary. It feels good to go and sweat it all out. I just don't feel myself if I go several days without come kind of intense physical activity. That slightly sore feeling you get after a hard work out is one of the best feelings in the world.

I work out for pure vanity reasons. I've had to work through a lot of issues with the way I think my body looks and working out helps keep my subconscious in check. I also work out for social reasons...the gym is a great place to meet like-minded individuals. I just wish my gym wasn't so much of a meat locker....

I swim approximately 1500 yards each weekday, and do (at least) 450 situps every day.

I love swimming, and sit-ups are...meh.

Does this count?

--The Silent Assassin--

Matrix Blade

I workout a good bit, because I play football and baseball. At school, I do bench press, squat, incline, and plate raises. At home, I jump on my trampoline everyday for about 30 minutes.

Hate to break the chain , but I dont exercise...of course I cant ...of course I have a medical condition that makes it nearly impoosible