Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is hypnotoad surfacing lately?

Default Why is hypnotoad surfacing lately?

I've been away for a while...
    And I come back to find a ton of Hypnotoad stuff.
    What's up with that?
    I thought there were supposed to be no meme's around here.

EXPLAIN PLEASE!

Darkfinn

It is a meme... admittedly it started innocently enough... but yeah, we do need to be fair about enforcing the rules. No memes means no memes.

Lol Thanks Charlie, I came back and was like "Hypnotoad, are you kidding me?"

Quote Originally Posted by timmahtherebel View Post
    Whats a meme
    Hope this helps
    Meme - Encyclopedia Dramatica

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    It is a meme... admittedly it started innocently enough... but yeah, we do need to be fair about enforcing the rules. No memes means no memes.
    Yea one of my posts a few months ago got deleted because of a meme but at the time I didn't know that any *chan references weren't allowed.

IT IS AN EVIL EVIL MEME THAT IS EVIL AND BAD AND WILL TEAR OUT YOUR SOUL AND FORCE YOU INTO UNQUESTIONING SUBMISSION TO THE *CHANS. IT MAY LOOK INNOCENT, BUT IT IS PURE EVIL.

It's Toad Flu. <.<
    People just randomly decided to shop Hypnotoad onto their avatars and shout ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD in all caps. It caught on.

We need a better understanding of what really is and isn't allowed.

True. I think it bullshit that I got two -2 rep for meme uses but when other people use a meme (hypnotoad), they get jack shit, wtf!.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonite View Post
    IT IS AN EVIL EVIL MEME THAT IS EVIL AND BAD AND WILL TEAR OUT YOUR SOUL AND FORCE YOU INTO UNQUESTIONING SUBMISSION TO THE *CHANS. IT MAY LOOK INNOCENT, BUT IT IS PURE EVIL.

It's Toad Flu. <.<
    People just randomly decided to shop Hypnotoad onto their avatars and shout ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD in all caps. It caught on.
    The problem is that /b/ been doing this much longer then we have.

Guys, I recall from one of the mods saying that all memes that originated from ADISC are okay.

So the Hypnotoad stuff should be okay, as far as I know.

--The Silent Assassin--

Darkfinn

Actually our good friend (and former member) Kraiden made it pretty clear. http://www.adisc.org/forum/regulars-...explained.html

And just for you "tl;dr" lazy folks...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraiden
    A meme is any sort of trendy forced spam on any Chan website, be it from 4chan, 420, 7... basically any website that has the "Anonymous" group. If you don't know about it all, don't worry about it.
    Basically, Moo and us mods aren't a fan of memes, due to the fact that it promotes 4chan and the group "Anonymous".
    And FYI... the "Hypnotoad" meme did not originate on ADISC.