Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlson

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hello! So my next diaper investment is either going to be a case of Abu little pawz, space, or simple. From what I’ve heard, these should be the same diaper, just different prints. Has anyone tried these before? What are they like? Does the print rub off from the pawz and space? Is the absorbency good? Just any bits of information would be much appreciated! What you liked,and didn’t like, and whether you would recommend them. This is going to be my first big order of diapers, so I want the best experience possible! Thanks!

Last edited:
If you are getting ready to make your first big purchase, and especially considering your seeming lack of product experience, I highly recommend trying a few samples of different products first. It will cost a bit, but it allows you to personally check the fit, shape, absorbency, and style of many different brands and styles. There are many many MANY existing threads covering all of these products, but personal experience is very different for everyone. To make absolutely sure that your very first, big, expensive order is exactly what you want you should really try a few samples.

That being said, I've enjoyed the ABU products. I'm a fan of the colors and patterns (not necessarily the cartoons) of the Little Pawz and Space. I usually keep a few of them around for when I know I will be home bound, sedentary, or experiencing larger/more frequent voids for long periods. To that end, I usually use Simples. They are all the same product, just different designs. I haven't had any issues with the print coming off, and they are much better with the improved tapes now.

I like the colors and print on Little Pawz (even though I don't consider myself a furry, don't have a character, suit, or go to cons, I just like the ideas and art lol), I never cared for that muted kind of dull blue on Space; and i don't much care for plain looking diapers.

This said I can get most (if not all) good quality diapers to fit good if I order the right size, and Little Pawz/Space/Simple are one of the better Diapers out there, quite good on their own, but if you boost/stuff they become quite absorbent Titans of Diapers lol.

They are one of my personal favorites and I find ordering from ABUniverse so easy and convenient, I can find them actually In Stock (unlike Tykables) and get an order in 3 days; with Tykables I can order when it says "In Stock" and it take 3 weeks (not hating on their products though as I also like Tykables Overnights for different reasons)

Last edited:
Yep all supposed to be the same and all lovely.

Not sure about the Pawz but don’t think the Space have any risk of colour transfer and definitely neither to the Simples.

They have a really wide crotch so be prepared :)

Carlson said:
Hello! So my next diaper investment is either going to be a case of Abu little pawz, space, or simple. From what I’ve heard, these should be the same diaper, just different prints. Has anyone tried these before? What are they like? Does the print rub off from the pawz and space? Is the absorbency good? Just any bits of information would be much appreciated! What you liked,and didn’t like, and whether you would recommend them. This is going to be my first big order of diapers, so I want the best experience possible! Thanks!

- yes they are the same model with different shell art
- I've tried them all
- sizing is a little on the small side but not too much, crotch is wide, elastic is comfy, padding comes up high in front and back, wicking is good, tape panels are a little stiff, moderate swll, good capacity
- although I haven't had a problem with prints coming off, most sites now have a warning about the possibility. only wet the inside of your diaper!
- I'm not a big fan of the Space print, but I really like both the Paws and Simple
- ABU's big cases are big, holding 8 bags on a single level, so they're short and wide, rather than squareish - a little awkward
- you might want to get a few samples first just to make sure you're getting the right size. like I said they're slightly on the small side, so order what you think you need AND the next size up as a test
- ABU does mixed cases, and they sell stickers. If you were getting a case of 8 bags, I'd suggest 2 space 2 paws, 3 simple, with a mix of some stickers for the simples, and toss in a single bag of PeekABU to check out also. (they are NOT the same as the other three, and fit almost a full size smaller, beware)

I have never had the print on Little Pawz fade or anything like that, though it may be possible if you use too much cream (primarily if it comes in contact with the Diaper Print)

Oh yeah ABU have the warning on Pawz:

“NOTICE: Oils and Lotions/Creams can cause ink transfer if applied to diaper plastic. We do not cover damages if this occurs.”

I'll hop in because, might as well.

As others have said, yep, those three brands all share the same basic make and fit, it really is just the prints or lack there of that are different.

Having tried all 3, I love em all. I like the prints on Little Pawz and Space, although the Space diapers feel like more of a Toddler diaper, the Little Pawz designs are much more cuter and babyish in my opinion and there's something nostalgic about the simple, an all-white AB diaper.

Yes the print can rub off, but as Argent notes above that's only a legitimate concern when oils or creams are applied. I'd say if you stick to using a standard rash cream and powder you're fine, but if you use baby oil, then yeah, you might have the print rub off on something like your clothes, bedding or onesie... not fun :(

The Absorbency is great, I think only 2 other brands can boast the absorbency that ABU has, Tykables and Rearz and personally, I prefer the fit of ABU brands to both Tykables and Rearz. ABU is also the perfect thickness level to me and they swell quite nicely too, not unlike a Crinklz.

All in all, 3 great diapers. It really comes down to personal preference as to which ones you'll order a bunch of. If you're into a more contemporary Baby/Toddler diaper with fade when wet decals and babyish prints, then Little Pawz or Space will go a long way. If you're into something that's a bit more of a throwback and a little simpler, more utilitarian, then the all white ABU Simple is a good way to go.

Whatever you decide on, you're bound to be getting some good diapers and some quality ABDL time :)

I use ABU diapers almost exclusively, and LittlePawz are my favorite diapers. As many others have already said, they are the same diaper, at least in terms of construction and material. I was never personally a fan of the Space diapers’ design. To me, it’s too busy looking, and the indicators could be brighter in color. Performance-wise, you can’t go wrong with a ABU product, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to buy some samples first and see what you like and don’t like. In the end, you might find out a different company works better for you.

Regarding the color rubbing off for LittlePawz: I've never worn them but from what others reported, it seemed like the problem could also manifest with plastic pants making the diaper sweat.

I've worn Space and while they're a great diaper, they're a little more than I typically need for most uses. I like the core art on LittlePawz but I've never taken to the checkerboard green. I'd certainly wear them if offered but it just doesn't quite work for me. I will probably pick up some Simples one of these days since I like white diapers and that kind of thickness is fun now and again. Generally, I'm happier with their lower capacity products.

I love the little pawz and like the warning says yes the ink will come off when using rash cream and lotions I have had my thighs have blue ink marks due to me using desitin and it getting on the outside of the diaper (it washes off skin easily) but other than that they are amazing I love the print and the comfort that they give me

I'm of a different mindset here. All three of those abu diapers have a "no lower tapes" design. Meaning there is a tape right in the middle of the wing, and another closer to the top, but no tapes low enough to allow for a snug fit around the legs, let alone any kind of seal. Because of this I will always get premature leaks around the legs, long before the diaper reaches any kind of capacity.

I personally do love the PeekABU diapers though, thry are truly premium diapers you can trust won't leak. As mentioned too, I highly recommend samples or just one bag for testing them before getting a lot.

Slomo said:
I'm of a different mindset here. All three of those abu diapers have a "no lower tapes" design. Meaning there is a tape right in the middle of the wing, and another closer to the top, but no tapes low enough to allow for a snug fit around the legs, let alone any kind of seal. Because of this I will always get premature leaks around the legs, long before the diaper reaches any kind of capacity..

I personally prefer the "one tape high, one tape mid" positioning. While I can respect the need for a leg-seal, it then leaves the leak guards lacking support in the front. With a tape in the mid on the back, the tape tends to get attached right in line with the end of the leg gather elastic AND the leak guard elastic, which for me makes a great fit. Looking at tape panels, they are usually only 5-6" tall, so if your tapes are separated by like 8-9", there's going to be a big loop of material between the close tapes. This isn't so much an issue with diapers like crinklz that don't have a tape panel, and you can attach the lower tapes much farther down on the front.

Crinklz also make up for the lower leak guard support by having some of the best and tallest leak guards on the market.

Well, the majority of people seem to have no problems with the tape positions of Little Pawz/Simple/Space, with 2 sets of tapes just about anybody can position the tapes some kind of way that they fit good and are completely functional.

OTOH apparently PeekABU when they were first released many people seemed to not be able to get a good fit because the tapes position was far different from the tapes on other ABUniverse Diapers.

I think in the end it comes down to partially to practice, and partially to how the cut and sizing is (body shape and exact size range matters), but I think the vast majority of people wont have a problem with the tape positions on most of ABUniverses range.

BabyTyrant said:
OTOH apparently PeekABU when they were first released many people seemed to not be able to get a good fit because the tapes position was far different from the tapes on other ABUniverse Diapers.

Well THOSE tapes were just plain terrible. The top tape was low and the bottom tape was high, so they were about 2" apart, in the middle of the back wing. Someone wasn't thinking straight when they set the machine for tape placements!

Version 2 moved the top up AND the bottom down. IMHO they should have left the bottom alone and just put the top back up where it belonged.

I hate it when a bottom tape is too low. It ends up going on the thin plastic and darn near cuts my skin like a razor. There are products that are well suited for those who love to cut off circulation around their legs. Some manufacturers will place the bottom tapes higher, because it helps the majority of us who don't like to the feel of a tight garter belt with sharp edges. I am not going to name an individual specifically, but I really do prefer they mind their own business and stop shoving their preferences into other people's faces. Go buy what works, but leave others alone.

bambinod said:
I personally prefer the "one tape high, one tape mid" positioning. While I can respect the need for a leg-seal, it then leaves the leak guards lacking support in the front. With a tape in the mid on the back, the tape tends to get attached right in line with the end of the leg gather elastic AND the leak guard elastic, which for me makes a great fit. Looking at tape panels, they are usually only 5-6" tall, so if your tapes are separated by like 8-9", there's going to be a big loop of material between the close tapes. This isn't so much an issue with diapers like crinklz that don't have a tape panel, and you can attach the lower tapes much farther down on the front.

Crinklz also make up for the lower leak guard support by having some of the best and tallest leak guards on the market.

I do agree having that middle tape provides for a much better fit overall. Having both the lower and middle tapes would be a perfect fix. It sucks nobody uses three tapes per side any more though. Back when depends and Attends had them I never had a problem with leaks from a poor fit, or sagging for that matter.

I love Little Pawz, they fit so well and I like the plastic and I think they're incredibly cute. I had no idea about the ink transfer thing until I noticed that my white onesie turned green overnight. It even turned my white flannel sheets green. Oh well, if anyone asks why my bed is green I'll just say it was from the diapers.

If I was you I would do a mix case try all 3 for your self I love my space diapers but miss my little paws i love all of abu diapers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I will echo the recommendation to try some samples before placing a large order. As adorable as I find the Little Pawz, I seem to be between sizes: the medium Little Pawz are a bit too snug around my legs, and the large ones don't provide the best seal around my legs for some odd reason. The large PeekABU fits me quite well, but they are sized differently than the Little Pawz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back