Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So, I'll be starting university from next year. I have been accepted into a university which is a bit far away from my home. Hopefully, the university offers dorms & I'll be staying there (Not 100% final).

The problem is, for the last 9 months I haven't used the toilets much for anything other than #2. I have been wearing diapers 24/7. I don't have any medical problems but am quite habituated with wearing & using diapers all the time.

I'll be staying with 3 other girls. I don't know them yet. Privacy is bit of a concern here. And it's going to be very difficult to continue wearing diapers without them noticing. Hiding, changing & disposing diapers. However, Getting caught would be a really embarassing situation.

All the students use a common bathroom in each floor. And they really STINK. I'd rather wet myself than going there. I see no other alternative to wearing diapers in this case.

I still have about 2 months before regular classes start. What's the best course of action I can take here?

Adiba said:
So, I'll be starting university from next year. I have been accepted into a university which is a bit far away from my home. Hopefully, the university offers dorms & I'll be staying there (Not 100% final).

The problem is, for the last 9 months I haven't used the toilets much for anything other than #2. I have been wearing diapers 24/7. I don't have any medical problems but am quite habituated with wearing & using diapers all the time.

I'll be staying with 3 other girls. I don't know them yet. Privacy is bit of a concern here. And it's going to be very difficult to continue wearing diapers without them noticing. Hiding, changing & disposing diapers. However, Getting caught would be a really embarassing situation.

All the students use a common bathroom in each floor. And they really STINK. I'd rather wet myself than going there. I see no other alternative to wearing diapers in this case.

I still have about 2 months before regular classes start. What's the best course of action I can take here?

That is a lot to unpack so here is my ole college try LOL.
1. Speaking from someone who IS incontinent it is your DUTY to notify the University Residential Life Housing Department so they can assign you a room with students that have incontinence or get a single room if you are truly concerned about your privacy and dignity.
2. If you are truly worried then wear the diapers as you do not want to have a mess in class or anywhere else on campus as college kids are ten times worse than high school kids trust me!
3. You want to avoid the bathrooms because you think they stink try going #2 in your diaper without the anti smell materials ingested and you wish you have went to the toilet in that dorm or anywhere else on campus. Find a handicapped toilet and use that as they are the lesser used toilets and the cleanest on campus. Granted colleges do things on the cheap and cleaning dorms and facilities are lower on the priority list.
4. Also speaking from someone who dorm room was next to the girls bathroom the only stink that emitted from them was hairspray! COUGH COUGH!! that stuff is wretched! And no I did not drill holes into the shower stalls so I can peep either that is flat out wrong and would have landed me in prison! I am better than that.
5. Save up every shopping bag you get from the grocery store and department stores and use them for disposing of the diapers so no one else has to see your dirty used diaper looking at them from the trash can its the right thing to do you know.
6. Be up front and honest with the roommates if you are stuck with them. Honesty is the best policy in my book that way you can test if they will be a good fit for you and test their morals and ethics.
7. Depending on how close your room is to the bathrooms you should be able to just go in your robe to the shower undiaper in your room if you can. just make sure you come back to your room quickly after showering and get dried off and rediaper as quickly as you can. get dressed and go about your day or to bed whichever your preference on showering at morning or before bedtime.
8. College does go quick so better make the best of it and the most of it. You will regret squandering it and years later wish you could return to college and relive the good old days of innocent youth days.

- - - Updated - - -

MODS & ADISC STAFF CAN YOU MAKE A GOING TO COLLEGE & SCHOOL BASE TOPIC THREAD ON THIS SUBJECT SO WE DO NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS EACH YEAR.

Since you're not incontinent, you could still say you need to wear diapers for emotional reasons and still get roomed with someone who is incontinent. I suspect there are ways around this but I suspect that sooner or later, your roommates will find out. A lot of students move off campus after their first year in a dorm and that would give you a lot more freedom. I lived off campus my senior year.

My first year at university I had 3 roommates. I lived in disposable diapers and they (and many of the others in my dorm) knew about it. At times I would get teased and I would take it in good nature. But during second semester, I decided I could get by with wearing underpants, at least during the day time because I wasn't wetting as much. So I called my mom and asked her to buy me some. I don't know if it was a misunderstanding, but the next week she sent me six pairs of cloth training pants and six new pairs of plastic pants with prints on them. I decided I would try them anyway.

What I forgot was that I was still having occasional messing accidents. On two occasions I had serious accidents and wasn't able to change right away. One was during a test and I almost failed the test because I got up and turned my paper in when it happened. It took me almost a half-hour to find a bathroom, get cleaned up and change. Second one was between classes and wasn't as serious but was still an interruption to my day. Changing a pair of training pants was a lot more difficult than just untaping a disposable diaper and putting on a clean one.

So I just put that idea on hold and went back to wearing my disposables all the time I was there.

Last edited:
I went through the exact same thing 3 years ago when I started college. I am a shy person and living in a 12x12 box with only one for 9 months can be scary let alone 3. Personally I gave up for a while, studied and lived a college life. I learned to start using the public restroom again and drifted away from my DL side for a while. But eventually the “craving to crinkle” can come back hard and you spend some food money on a sample pack from wearing clouds. My roommate never found out but I would ware mostly on the weekends when he wasn’t around. My college dorm was a small box you slept in really with no A/C and only a small sliding window. They will smell, no matter what so I would just do it every time I got the urge to release some stress. If you think they would be ok with it once you meet them go for it but it’s a lot easier to get one persons understanding than 3. There was no way my situation would have allowed for 24/7 but if you get your own private room maybe it would work out. Hope this helps, good luck.

P.s. sorry I like to ramble. =P

Tl;dr: I went through this too and I choose to give up diapers for a while till I found my own apartment near campus.

OP, it sounds like trying to go diaper free might not even be an option for you. If you are truly incontinent now, even with just small accidents, thrn you do need to disclose your medical condition to the college housing. They will try and set you up in a room with someone else who is at least understanding, or possible also incontinent.

I see no reason why you should try and change your diapering needs just because of going to college too. Be up front, and matter-of-fact about your needing them with your room mates. Yeah you'll probably get a little teasing about it at first, but that's better than trying to hide them, making them into a big and forbidden thing, and getting tormented over it.

Slomo said:
I see no reason why you should try and change your diapering needs just because of going to college too. Be up front, and matter-of-fact about your needing them with your room mates. Yeah you'll probably get a little teasing about it at first, but that's better than trying to hide them, making them into a big and forbidden thing, and getting tormented over it.

I haven't been up front with my parents either, how am I suppose to tell people that I barely know?

Adiba said:
I haven't been up front with my parents either, how am I suppose to tell people that I barely know?

Yeah, its not their business regardless. That's something you would handle however you feel comfortable.. and may not even come up.

Here's the choices I see:

Decide ASAP on if you want to (or psychologically) need to wear diapers 24/7 when you get to college. Remember you're there to get an education and grow as a person. Maybe wearing helps? Maybe wearing doens't help. Either way that's still for you to figure out the answer to. Once you decide what you feel is best:

No?
Option 1: Stop wearing 24/7. Go to college. Wear every once in a while when you're roommates are gone or find another way to enjoy wearing diapers.

Yes:
Option 1:
Live in a small shared space with 3 people that will one way or another become aware that you wear diapers. They'll react in their own way depending on their personality. It's different so chances are they mentioned it to someone else. You'll know that they know, but they'll never mention it to you. No one thought any less of you and in the grand scheme of things, it wan't a big deal at all.

Option 2.
You're not comfortable with others knowing you have different underwear. Alert housing as quick as possible and see if they can help your living situation and access options provided. Starting college is a big transition for most people. Independence. Having to meet new people. Lots of change happening. if you decide to continue to wear 24/7, why add fuel to the fire. See what housing can do to help.

Adiba said:

You just do. Though having personal confidence helps when you're looking to start a conversation about most anything.

Look at it this way. How would you tell someone you just met if can or can't drive a car? How do you tell them if you need certan medications or have allergies of any kind? Or whatever other mundane thing thats likely to come up and need to be mentioned? You just do because it is no big deal, but still relavent enough it needs to be mentioned. Diapers are the same.

I have given some more thoughts about this and living alone somewhere near my university seems like a better choice to me. Hopefully, this will give me freedom & more room to wear. But that's another challenge itself. And I think my parents would disagree.

Okay, so its been a while since I have been a college student, but I did have some of my own experiences with wearing diapers (just because) while going to college and staying in student apartments, both shared rooms and single rooms but sharing kitchens and bathrooms.

I had a few very embarrassing moments, but I seemed to have survived somehow. The key is what others have already said. I think it is wise to let others know that you have to wear (whether 24/7 or just occasionally) so it isn't a big deal when they suspect or find out. As to why you "have" to wear, the sharing of such is up to you. But it is not fair to be wearing and causing your own stinky smells with others who have to put up with it if it is by choice and not by need. That is unfair to your roommates and they should not have to put up with a stinky restroom and a bedroom also when it is by your own choosing to do so.

Also, I have to ask, how do you know the bathrooms "stink" as you have shared and your reasons for not wanting to use them? Your initial post said that you were going to a university "a bit far from home" and that "hopefully they offered dorms". If you did not know whether they offered dorms, how would you know that they were not well cared for and "stink"? Was this just because you assumed they would stink if they actually offered dorms? I am a bit confused.

While I think that being individualistic and not being afraid to wear diapers while going to college is commendable, I stand solidly in the perspective that you need to be respectful of others while doing so. You can certainly be discreet about it. Wet diapers don't smell much unless they are left on for long periods of time, or laying around. Also, the inevitable leaks that occur should be taken care of quickly so as to not have linens and clothes that get wet have time to make their own ammonia smells. And certainly the #2 business needs to be done elsewhere as that just isn't fair to others who don't share in the same interest as yourself.

It about treating others as you would like to be treated yourself. Simple as that.

In any case, I wish you the best in your college endeavors. It is an exciting time and one where you get to experience a lot of independence and figuring out who you are and want to be.

Best wishes,

:detective3

TeddyBearCowboy

TeddyBearCowboy said:
Also, I have to ask, how do you know the bathrooms "stink" as you have shared and your reasons for not wanting to use them? Your initial post said that you were going to a university "a bit far from home" and that "hopefully they offered dorms". If you did not know whether they offered dorms, how would you know that they were not well cared for and "stink"? Was this just because you assumed they would stink if they actually offered dorms? I am a bit confused.

TeddyBearCowboy

I had to go there once to change out of my diaper during the admission test

Adiba said:
I have given some more thoughts about this and living alone somewhere near my university seems like a better choice to me. Hopefully, this will give me freedom & more room to wear. But that's another challenge itself. And I think my parents would disagree.

Aww, living in the dorms is a huge part of "the college experience". Most people that go to college don't know many people and everyones in the same boat looking to create friendships.

Adiba said:
I had to go there once to change out of my diaper during the admission test
One who thinks that college bathrooms smell like roses is woefully ignorant. From binge drinking vomit to the idiots who do not flush the toilet after taking a dump to the moron who tries to flush a roll of toilet paper in a booze filled mental buzz. To the idiot who smokes any form of tobacco in the bathroom or the fool who uses hairspray to hold up that spiked hairdo! Man you have many ways of having a stinky bathroom. Question are you going to clean your bathroom in that private apartment that you will have to rent? You going to have to buy cleaning supplies which will eat away at your diaper budget hope you realize that.. That takes away from the laundry soap and bleach and fabric softener. Plus you will need cleaning supplies and dish soap. Unless you have boat loads of money I forsee your diaper budget taking a major hit from this you suggest.
Like I said earlier cleaning or housekeeping at a college campus is somewhat low on the priority list. If you are not satisfied get with the college leadership and force them to do a better job cleaning the campus you paid for it.

Been out of college for about 5 years now. I never liked dorm life whatsoever. I know for some social butterflies it may be an incredible experience, but it wasn't for me. If you do live off campus just be aware that it will be more difficult to connect socially to campus life as you aren't there 24/7. I despised the lack of personal space to unwind in the dorms, but I still very much appreciated being a part of the campus community.

I personally wouldn't tell your parents. It's not their business and there really isn't anything to be gained out of it, unless (and this is a big unless) they'd legally have to get involved to change your living situation. If you think telling them could negatively affect your relationship or closeness for years to come, I'd advise you not to.

I'd also add that, if you are discrete about wearing, there is a possibility your roommates simply won't say anything, not because they'll never notice, but because they like and respect you and don't want to embarrass you or put you on the spot like that. It really just depends on their maturity. (To grossly stereotype) Some very focused, mature science kids are probably less likely to cause any problems than theatre or communication majors.

Were it me inquire as to whether or not you could be placed with somebody with some other disability of some type, and I imagine you'd have no problems with them. This would still let you very much be part of the campus but also have a bit more privacy and be around somebody who won't cause problems.

P.S. Oh, and I just had to say, your avatar rocks. I absolutely love it!

nomadjoanne said:
P.S. Oh, and I just had to say, your avatar rocks. I absolutely love it!

Thank you!

Back