Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German Beer Aficionados - Help?

Default German Beer Aficionados - Help?

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me. A while back (for my 21st), I went to a bar and ordered up a most delicious German import--unfortunately I cannot remember its full name and I no longer live in the same city this bar is in.

What I do remember:
    German import beer, dark in color
    Name begins with the letter 'O'

I'm fairly certain I'll recognize the name when I see it. If any names come to mind, please let me know. Thanks.

"Oettinger" is the only one I remember off the top of my head.

But if you go here: Bundesländer and click on the flag of each of the 16 states, you'll get a list of brand names coming from that state. Shouldn't be a problem to browse through the lists until you find what you're looking for.

Sorry can't help... I am still exploring Canadian ales, the more local the better, and we have many fine and interesting craft beers from micro or small breweries. Sadly raccoons get filled up after one or two so it is taking me a while to work my way through them...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Ooh... I have one of those attached to the front of my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post

(why do all my posts today seem to be alcohol-related?)
    Yea, that's the only one I can think of that starts with an O. I had that when I was sixteen and did not like it...then again, I did not like beer back then so it's not their fault.

And you might be posting on all alcohol related threads because you are an alcoholic :P (joke)...join the club, I think my whole school has that problem hah.

Default German Beer Aficionados - Help?

:bunny:Bundesländer - Thanks, Peachy for the link. I've only had a few German Beers, mostly during Oktoberfest celebrations here in the (US) west coast. Various Pilsners, and others from Spaten and Paulaner.:bunny:
    Last edited by Diapered Rabbit; 18-May-2009 at 10:59. Reason: corrections, punctuation, additions

Much thanks for the input, everybody. Oettinger is actually sounding familiar; I think it was the Bock that I tried.

Peachy--I always knew Germany was famous for its love of beer, but good lord that is a huge list! Thanks for the link.

Diapered Rabbit--I've found Paulaner's Oktoberfest-Märzen to be rather enjoyable...

I did two tours in Germany both for 3 years. I grew a great fondness for German beer. My Beer(Bier)of choice was Pils. If I ever go back to Deutchland I will certainly have a few more Biers there. Having not had a drink in over 11 years it will only take one or more of those potent Biers to put me under the table. In other word I am now a 3 bier drunk and the definition of a 3 bier drunk is.
    Drink one
    Spill on
    And give the other one away.

I'm going to turn 21 (Yeah yeah, you Canadians and Europeans enjoy alcoholism at an earlier age, Enjoy) and i'm going to need to know some good German beers to try.

I'm more of a cannabis connoisseur :3

I heard Weihenstephan is pretty good
    Last edited by Lazy; 21-May-2009 at 01:12.