Thread: betrayed and broken (barely have anything left now)

Default betrayed and broken (barely have anything left now)

After a week of therapy, keeping myself off the internet, and putting myself back together, I have come back online after feeling like everything is out to betray me. I had a major issue with someone i thought was a friend but turns out is nothing more than a rat [email protected] piece of sh#t who tried to take out his anger on his own friend. As some of you may know, the love of my life (my closest girlfriend and fellow little), died recently. Since she was a bandmate of mine in high school, the remaining members of the band including me, decided to put on a concert in her honor. We were raising money to help her mom pay for the funeral, as she is low on money right now. The concert was divided into different parts: country rock, classic rock, hard rock, hair metal, and death metal, all genres my band played back in the day. I was also using Lucile (my most prized guitar that Lily gave to me a year ago, an exact custom replica of Lucy, eric clapton's guitar). We had just finished the third song in the playlist, when someone who I was thought of as a friend, who was envious of my band's success that night did something unthinkable. As i was putting Lucile down on my gig stand to grab a different guitar, he pulled out an air pistol and shot a hole in the last memento I have to my closest friend. Thank god no one was hurt, but I was shocked as I had to call the cops on someone I trusted. The hate in his eyes was undenyable. Now all I have left in terms of friends are few close buddies and some internet friends. I feel like I have nothing left. And the guitar is beyond repair.
    -your burnt out fireband

I'm so sorry to hear about this. That person was never a true friend and I honestly don't have enough words in my vocabulary to describe how angry and disgusted I am that that person did that to you.

You've been through a lot of betrayal by many people that you were once close to. I want you to know that there are good people out there... as hard as it may seem right now. I know that betrayal hurts more than anything really...

Please continue going to therapy. Please reach out for any support that you can possibly get. I want you to know that I am there for you. Feel free to reach out for any help that you possibly need. There are many places where you can talk to people via phone or even chat.
    I know that these words may seem cheap as I'm just a person on the internet, but remember that I'm a person who's there for you, even from behind the screen.

With time, you will find good people in your life. You will find happiness. You will find what you need and what you want. I know that your wounds have been reopened in some of the worst ways imaginable, but please reach out to people. With support and time, your wounds will heal. Shelter the small sparks that are still there. Good support will nourish those sparks into embers and you will burn brighter and with more intensity than ever before.

I'm here for you

It sounds like you hang out with some terrible people. The band I was in used to play the bar gig, and I almost had an entire pitcher of beer spilled onto my$3000.00 keyboard. It ways 70 lbs., but I immediately picked that thing up and swung it out of the way as soon as I felt beer dripping on me from the balcony above. If there's alcohol involved, the ass-holes come out of the woodwork.

There was one bar we used to play that had a terrible reputation and I carried my 9mm in my kit bag, just in case. I'm sorry about your lost instrument, but what was the damage. Was this a hollow body guitar? A craftsman could probably repair it, but it will cost some bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireband View Post
    After a week of therapy, keeping myself off the internet, and putting myself back together, I have come back online after feeling like everything is out to betray me. I had a major issue with someone i thought was a friend but turns out is nothing more than a rat [email protected] piece of sh#t who tried to take out his anger on his own friend. As some of you may know, the love of my life (my closest girlfriend and fellow little), died recently. Since she was a bandmate of mine in high school, the remaining members of the band including me, decided to put on a concert in her honor. We were raising money to help her mom pay for the funeral, as she is low on money right now. The concert was divided into different parts: country rock, classic rock, hard rock, hair metal, and death metal, all genres my band played back in the day. I was also using Lucile (my most prized guitar that Lily gave to me a year ago, an exact custom replica of Lucy, eric clapton's guitar). We had just finished the third song in the playlist, when someone who I was thought of as a friend, who was envious of my band's success that night did something unthinkable. As i was putting Lucile down on my gig stand to grab a different guitar, he pulled out an air pistol and shot a hole in the last memento I have to my closest friend. Thank god no one was hurt, but I was shocked as I had to call the cops on someone I trusted. The hate in his eyes was undenyable. Now all I have left in terms of friends are few close buddies and some internet friends. I feel like I have nothing left. And the guitar is beyond repair.
    -your burnt out fireband
    Thank you for telling us what is going on.

What a piece of cow pie.

So sorry to hear you going through all of this.

The most important part is what you are already doing and stay with your therapist to talk through this.

Egor

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    A craftsman could probably repair it, but it will cost some bucks.
    Time for court?