Thread: Partners depression

Default Partners depression

My partner is going through really bad depression at this point in his life. We have been together for 4 +years now. He does not leave the house if he has to get out of the car. When he has a brake down at least 3-5 times a week he is vary hurtful towards me. ( I do not care I do not love him everything is my fault ) I do love him so so much. But I am reaching my breaking point
    He does not work. So just my income is what supports us. And two pets I work 6 days a week 9 hr days and have to take care of the wash dishes and cleaning and most of the time cooking. I am just reaching my exhaustion point.

Anyone else ever go through this. Have any words of hope or encouragement

He is seeing a therapist and is on meds.

I am just at a loss

Thanks.
    Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all you can do is wait this out and see if it gets better. If it continues to get worse, you may have to be brutally honest with him and tell him that you will not be able to continue to emotionally endure this. Sometimes people need a wake up call, so that might help.

I have a very good friend who has a partner who is younger than him. This person doesn't work and is agoraphobic. They do get out and go to some places, places which I think are safe to the partner. The partner also smokes marijuana constantly. I think he's learned to accept all this and just goes with the flow, but that's not the same as being verbally attacked and abused. I'm not sure you can endure that for an entire relationship.

Depression sucks (I've been there many times, and I still have episodes of Depression, but I'm doing good), but it is no excuse for your partner to attack/abuse you, and I wouldn't blame you for letting them know it cant keep going as it has and eventually to leave them.

Thank you everyone for the words of wisdom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk