You used your diaper for what?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I've bought bottles of wine while on vacation, I've wrapped them in diapers before packing them in my luggage. It keeps them well-cushioned...and, if one should break, there's plenty of capacity to absorb it.

taking wine or whiskey in the checked luggage on flights, i put a winebottle and wrap a adult diaper around it, then inside a plastic bag, it a protects and b would at least in theory soak up most of the fluid should it break, done it loads of times :)

:)

Like CuddleWoozle, I was diapered in cloth as a baby, and my parents kept my diapers after I was done with them. Some became general-purpose rags, and were a common sight around the house for years. Their ongoing availability allowed me to indulge my DL urges from an early age. Most are still in a box in the garage--the very one I was raiding as a kid almost 35 years ago. But back to the topic: The rag-diapers were put to all sorts of uses, whether for dusting, waxing the car, or protecting fragile objects just as the OP suggests. I can recall opening a box of something--Christmas ornaments, maybe?--that had been taken out of the attic, and one or two items were wrapped up in my old diapers.

When I was a teenager I tried to grow garden cress on my mother's sanitary towels. Didn't work.

I once bought a pack of booster pads which I ended up not using because they caused my nappy to leak over the top of the guards. They all got used for mopping up spills and cleaning in the kitchen.

I frequent a forum for farmers like myself and I was surprised at the number that posted in a thread that they keep a package of baby diapers in their shop for soaking up oil spills.

I live in the New Orleans/Gulf Coast area so we're prone to getting hurricanes naturally, and the apartment I was living in last year was prone to flooding.

In order to keep it from getting in the bottom of the door we decided to add some extra absorbency with one of my diapers that had broken a tape before I could use it, lol

IMG_20180927_142457.jpg
IMG_20180927_142501.jpg

I used a Northshore Supreme to catch water under a kitchen sink when removing the drain line P-trap for clog removal. Also used a diaper to catch solder drips.

Ice packs. In Elementary school in the 80s I went to the office to get a ice pack for a friend that hurt themselves and they gave me a zip lock sandwich baggie with a cut up diaper in it. told me to have the friend return it to the office so they can reuse it I seen them wash the outside of the baggie and put it back in the freezer.

dl820 said:
I used a Northshore Supreme to catch water under a kitchen sink when removing the drain line P-trap for clog removal. Also used a diaper to catch solder drips.
The solder wasn’t hot enough to melt the diaper?

Zoran said:

The solder fell into the absorbent side of the diaper that was already wet from catching a water leak, so the diaper didn't melt.

Oh right! (I’m dumb)

Zoran said:

Hot Lips Houillihan ? From M*A*S*H*???

xpluswearer said:
I’ve never seen that show.

xpluswearer said:

SOLDER, not SOLDIER...

Zoran said:
I’ve never seen that show.

It's a great show, you should watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.