How to sleep with Pacifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey guys, I was wondering how I get used to sleeping with a pacifier? Is it just do it kinda thing or is there anything I can do to help. Both with sleeping with a pacifier or trying to sleep with a diaper on, I can't get to sleep. Most the time it's just my brain can't stop focusing on it.

Any tips would be great

Reactions: leakerABDL and babyfur13
GDNTSKID said:
I think sleeping with a pacifier is something that just happened naturally for me. I know I would use it during the day for a little while and then use it at night, so I think I was just used to it when I started using a pacifier at bedtime. It sounds like you have trouble sleeping with a diaper on too. I would just try to get used to one before you try both.

As for a pacifier, are you using the right size? It would definitely cause an issue with sleeping if it doesn't fit well in your mouth.

I don't wear at night. My wife isn't comfortable with that yet. But I do use paci sometimes. I think k it's the right size. It seems to fit good. I am pretty sure it's all mental.

Reactions: babyfur13
My problem is that I lose my paci. I don’t wear anything to bed so there is nothing to clip it to.

It's a matter of practice and comfort. I had the best results on days I had already been using it for long stretches.

I think it's just a matter of practise and persistence. It takes 30 days to break or form a new habit, so if you use the paci every night consistently for at least 30 days, by the end of the month you will find it old hat, so to speak, and may even find it hard to sleep without. It's important to stick with it though; if you miss a day in that 30, you have to start over from the beginning. The mind is very adept at creating deeply ingrained habits, as this allows for the most efficient processing of information. It takes a lot of time and patience to help it create a new groove to follow.

paddedagain said:
My problem is that I lose my paci. I don’t wear anything to bed so there is nothing to clip it to.

Attach it to your plushie or a cuddle cloth. Helps me.

Reactions: babyfur13
One way which helped me was to use my teddy bear as the thing which stopped my paci falling out of my mouth. Id snuggle into it with my paci wedged in place.

Also, continued use overnight, every night. Now Im starting to find Im using it in the evening too, not just at bedtime. Its kinda a revelation when Ive been watching TV and realise that its been in my mouth for a few hours, and Ive not really cared.

The first few weeks were hard for me to sleep with it in place though. Those little milestones were wonderful. The first time you nod off to sleep, only to wake up with a start an hour later as your brain goes "wow, Ive had it in an hour!".

Just recently, I woke up in the morning and realised it'd been in all night. What an awesome feeling that was!

I use my pacifier (babyish) with my CPAP (so NOT babyish) to reinforce avoiding mouth breathing at night. It took a bit of time to get used to it, but it definitely reduced the mouth breathing and improved my sleep quality.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Sleep on your side. Suck for awhile and then fall asleep. I use prescribed sleep med which makes it easier.

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

Hypnosis helps me relax when I have trouble sleeping.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

BayB8 said:
Any tips would be great

As Trevor and Wuggle say, it just takes practice. I struggled and struggled until I was about 30 and I finally set out to get over the hurdle: It does take a month or two of dedicated effort. Keep a diary, set a goal to *never* give up or skip a night, put up with nights that you struggle to sleep well. For me, the first weeks were hard, then, as Ozziebee says, you start to pass a series of milestones. Yes, waking up in the morning with it still in is great, but also more subtle ones, like realizing you are longing for it before bedtime, or the night that I popped it in without actually thinking about it and only realized I had a little later on. Or when I didn't have the paci with me and found that my thumb was a necessary and effective substitute. I'd say after a month I was sleeping well with it, and after 2 months I could call it a habit. After that it was easy.... 6 months.... 1 year.... 1 decade. And the best thing was that it was always still a great pleasure and I still got that thrill in knowing I was what I always wanted to be, a real, habitual paci sucker.

pacifier I usually use whenever I feel anxious as it helps me comfort myself and causes my mind to relax.

it's a good thing to suck on when you feel anxious or angry.. at least for me which is when I most use it.

Sometimes pacifiers help me go to sleep at night. Maybe try something like sucking on your pacifier and watching a movie cuddled up with your favorite stuffies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back