Going # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmness

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone, so this may have ben discused before, not positive, but I figured I'd start a new thread.
So I sometimes want to go # 2 in my diaper but I can't figure out a good way to keep the trash can from smelling, any suggestions? I also struggle with the clean up, its all fun and games at first but when it time to clean up (after a number 2 that is) it is never efficient.

Honestly, the only way to make sure the trash doesn't stink is to empty it out. When I mess, I change immediately, then I double bag it and send it down my apartments trash chute. I've heard of other ABs having air fresheners on hand and putting dryer sheets in their trash to cut down on odours, I've also heard that some ABs take chlorophyl tablets to curb the smell, but still, I wouldn't trust any of those methods entirely. Bottomline, dirty diapers stink and there's no surefire way to make them not stink. So when in doubt, change and throw that diaper out.

Also, clean-up is admittedly rough when you are starting out, but the more you change, the quicker you get at it and the easier clean-up becomes.

If I can't to the outside trash soon, I bag the diaper over & over in plastic bags until the smell is less noticeable. I have a dog who uses pee pads, so my neighbors are used to less than lovely scents emanating from my condo. A shower is the only way I've found to get clean. If you're away from home, those packets of Preparation H wipes will both cleanse and soothe, to a certain degree.

I usually time my #2's to the day before trash day. That way I just throw them in the trash (a plastic trash bag), tie the bag up and take out to the outside trash bin for collection the next day.

Pour
slaked lime or
sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) into the diaper after taking it off.
Maybe you want to pour it into your trash bags too.
It takes away the smell, it is environmentally friendly and it's available for a small price.
Just bought 10 kg sodium bicarbonate for 15 € = 18 $.
Beside odorneutralisation and antimicrobiological effects, it has versatile use purposes. I use it mainly for machine wash and skin care.

Double bag it and get it out of your house as soon as best convenient.

Ziploc gallon bags work wonders....not perfect (you will notice a smell but way more gradually), so you might wanna open a window too.

Also candles help.

As for how to make cleanup easier: shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back