Short 24/7 stint

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerAce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I got a long weekend off from my university and I thought about doing a not-so 24/7ish 24/7. My plan is to be completely in diapers for the next 4 days. I got a bag of Abena delta form M1's yesterday (the best I can get here).

nice! i been going strong now for 3 weeks. Think im going to be a little risky and move away from discreet diapers and try some fluffy ones :D i'm not worried about being cuaght, as many have stated alot of people or too into themselves to look at your butt and come to the conclusion you are wearing a diaper, let alone a AB one. As long as you wear not so tight clothing, long shirt or onesie with a nice sweater and not mess yourself in public and clean right away if you do. You will be fine

Well one day has passed and one thing that I've noticed is that while these abenas absorb more than the other brands we get here, its still very low. They come up to max capacity after one wetting so im going through 3 diapers in a day. But otherwise im enjoying it.

a couple bags of something thicker may have been a better choice for your "diaper vacation"

owell, make the most of what you've got. If you're at home most of that time, you'll just have to enjoy the frequent diaper changes, assuming you have the diapers to cover your time.

Well I wish that we get better diapers here as these abenas are the thickest that we get. The rest are all low end chinese ones.

I got a bag of 20 diapers and i think I'm going to buy some pampers aswell and put them in as boosters. I've tried this before and they swell up very nicely when wet.

RacerAce said:
Well I wish that we get better diapers here as these abenas are the thickest that we get. The rest are all low end chinese ones.

Well, most of the best diapers are made in china anyway! So where do you live?

I'm in Pakistan.

Nice :) I've been going 24/7 for almost a month now, and I love it. I'm using thick bulky BetterDrys, which are very hard to fit discreetly under pants, but with long shirts I'm managing it. Do online stores not ship to Pakistan? What about Amazon?

Some online stores like abdlfactory, rearz, littleforbig have options to ship items to Pakistan but the problem is that on a bag of 10 diapers which cost $30, the shipping and customs bring the cost to $150-180. Plus amazon doesnt ship to Pakistan directly

I'm saving up and plan to buy the rearz safari samples from amazon from a third party, two sample diapers will set me back around $30.

I need advice on wearing plastic pants. I got some cloth diapers and a nursery print plastic pant. Due to my living situation I cant wash the cloth diapers so I dont wear them for wetting or messing. I put on one diaper and the plastic pant over it for bed. I had to pee in the middle of the night so I just went in my diaper. But as I went it leaked through the plastic pants. I had the leg elastics close to the edge of the diaper.

Is there a proper way to wear the plastic pants?

The plastic pants must be over the whole cloth diaper. No part of the diaper can be outside of the plastic pant.

I'm wearing them over disposables. I wear cloth just for their bulk. I don't actually wet in them as I cant wash them within appropriate time

Last edited:
I'm in the same situation as you. Here in Bangladesh, there's a lack of good adult diapers. So, I have to make do with baby diapers. I have been going 24/7 for about 9 months with pullups over disposable baby diapers. Quite discreet & cheap solution for 24/7 wearing.

Well baby diapers do make for good enough boosters, plus the pampers swell really well.

RacerAce said:
I'm wearing them over disposables. I wear cloth just for their bulk. I don't actually wet in them as I cant wash them within appropriate time

Disposable diapers are already covered in a waterproof shell. Plastic pants contain urine that initially escapes a cloth diaper, and gives it a second chance to be re-absorbed from the outside of the cloth, which can't happen with a disposable. So they're not nearly as useful with disposable diapers. Elastic bands around the edges will only contain mobile liquid for so long, something has to be there to absorb it.

Well my 4 day stint is over and I enjoyed it quite well. Went through 10-11 diapers. I did try changing the position of the elastic bands on the plastic pants and it did help in stopping pee leaking over onto my bed. Next time if I decide to do a stint like this I'll try to wear cloth in bed.

bambinod said:
Disposable diapers are already covered in a waterproof shell. Plastic pants contain urine that initially escapes a cloth diaper, and gives it a second chance to be re-absorbed from the outside of the cloth, which can't happen with a disposable. So they're not nearly as useful with disposable diapers. Elastic bands around the edges will only contain mobile liquid for so long, something has to be there to absorb it.

I second this exactly. Diaper covers over disposables DO help to contain any leaks initially, but they won't keep them contained for very long since the urine needs to go somewhere but can't be reabsorbed by the disposable. More importantly though, diaper covers will help you to notice those leaks before they also leak past the cover and become outwardly noticable. As a bonus, they also help keep the diaper in place a little, and reduce any diaper crinkling a lot.

My purpose of wearing plastic pants over disposables was to keep my bed dry. I'll try once again when I decide to wear cloth and wet

RacerAce said:
My purpose of wearing plastic pants over disposables was to keep my bed dry. I'll try once again when I decide to wear cloth and wet

We're just pointing out you're covering something that's waterproof in something that's waterproof. Unless the first one outright fails in its design (which is fairly unlikely, barring a pinhole leak or a tear/split), the second isn't going to be very useful. Disposables just don't leak in a place that a cover is going to provide much added protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back