diapers for diaherra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Has anyone ever worn diapers when they have had bad diaherra when they can't make it to the bathroom on time and so they don't have to worry about messy pants?

I have IBS, which can cause severe intestinal cramping & the urgency to have diarrhea, like "right now!" So if a bathroom is not within easy access, there's a good possibility of an accident. I've had 2 severe accidents & several minor incidents in the last 10 years and it's one of the reasons that I've considered wearing diapers for those such occasions, if I can anticipate them. In general, if I overeat or eat too much dairy (I've become very lactose intolerant) an IBS accident can occur. Even with diapers, I'd worry how effective they would be as far as not leaking or smelling stinky.

Oh yes. I have a reduced feeling and reduced control back there, so when diarrhea hits me I tend to underestimate the urgency of it, then have a nearly impossible time holding it in. Thankfully i control my diet really well, so this is a rarity. Still, I find diapers with high leak guards and plenty of room in the diaper itself are a necessity for me.

Slomo said:
Oh yes. I have a reduced feeling and reduced control back there, so when diarrhea hits me I tend to underestimate the urgency of it, then have a nearly impossible time holding it in. Thankfully i control my diet really well, so this is a rarity. Still, I find diapers with high leak guards and plenty of room in the diaper itself are a necessity for me.

Thank you for the feedback. What brand of diaper do you use?

you want diaper with standing leg guards or at least a lot of seat room and strong leg guards.. depending on whats in your system, it may not smell or it will smell quite a bit, you can wear a cover over it which can help but ultimately you are going to want to change asap if out in the public.

Yes. I have what my doctor figures is either IBS or a food allergy that strikes intermittantly. There have been a few times I've been glad to have had a diaper on. There's been a few times I didn't and was sorry. As Rennec points out, cheap diapers without leak guards may be prone to blowouts. Had that happen once, yech.

furryfox said:
Thank you for the feedback. What brand of diaper do you use?

I personally prefer Crinklz as my go to diaper for day and night. Betterdry is the same really, and PeekABU is another top premium brand. I've also found you can't go wrong with Confidry24/7 and Northshore Supreme too, though they slightly less absorbent.

When I'm suffering from that, it's typically caustic, which means I don't want it resting anywhere near my parts. I'd rather have extended sessions on the toilet.

Betterdry or the printed version Crinklz are my diaper of choice they have managed my incontinence issues better then any other diaper I have tried I no longer panic if I have a unexpected bowel movment.

unfortunately after 4 years of being diapered 24/7 for a bladder issue I am now starting to have bowel issues nit looking forward to being double incontinent but at least I have already found a diaper that works :)

Alexia said:
Has anyone ever worn diapers when they have had bad diaherra when they can't make it to the bathroom on time and so they don't have to worry about messy pants?

I'd give a "me too" vote for the betterdry / crinklz. They have the best (tallest, most flexible) leak guards of any diaper on the market, the padding is very long (meaning they extend way up the back), have good wicking, and a lot of sap/swell to lock in wetness. They're simply unbeatable for protection from diaherra.

Another IBS sufferer who uses BetterDry to control diarrhea here. They're bulky and hard to fit under pants, as well as making it very obvious what you're wearing, but they are extremely effective. I have yet to have one leak or blow out at all.

I wear diapers anyway for bladder IC but I had a bout of mild food poisoning last year and ended up messing my diaper twice in a day. I have bowel issues too and can't hold back a BM if it wants to happen, though normally it happens so slowly I can always reach a toilet in time. But not on that occasion. Fortunately I was at home, since I felt too sick to go out. But it was still very unpleasant.

I've had sever bouts when traveling around India for work and I mean unable to go to work without a nappy on, or even go to work as if you don't make it than you need to go change and changing a diarrhea filled nappy at work is not the most pleasant experience, never lone actually shitting yourself in front of co-workers. Lucky when I did mess myself I was wearing a nappy but still very embarrassing. Happen once and never again if I get to that stage I will just stay in the motel. Thing is you will mess while asleep, have destroyed a bed the first time I got diarrhea in India and was so stuffed from the day I did not ever wake up until well I don't know when but everything was a mess. So if i ever suspect that i could feel the tiniest bit of dodgy belly stage there is no messing about take my own nappies Betterdrys, booster and plastic pants.

I just barely had time to get on my diapers before having 2 big gushes of diarrhea. I know I've soaked myself, because I can feel it all the way into the front. I'm going to sit in my mess for awhile before I get into the shower.

Dude...

furryfox said:
I just barely had time to get on my diapers before having 2 big gushes of diarrhea. I know I've soaked myself, because I can feel it all the way into the front. I'm going to sit in my mess for awhile before I get into the shower.

ah yes i get it now. this is why the original thread got closed

Alexia said:
ah yes i get it now. this is why the original thread got closed

I have IBS, but then maybe that's not something you can comprehend, much less be non-judgmental about.

Yes I have in the past used diapers to control my bowel problems, but that was in the past when I had the choice, now days I no longer have that choice and everything gets caught in my diapers and life continues on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back