• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Whoa, whoa, whoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

daylight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Greetings and salutations.

I think it's time...It has taken a lot for me to reach this point, to interact verses observe.

Whilst I have, as many have, read the conversations for many years. Your words have provided much solace and thoughtful and humorous support. Thank you.

A byte or 2048 about myself, as this is after all, an introduction.

I'm incontinent. A difficult thing to be, and even harder to say out loud. I wasn't always. This is something that has progressed over many years.

By birth or environ, I am an introvert, geek, and as such, I am a very private person. So, please bear with me as this is difficult to talk about.

Some (unordered) facts:

0) I'm male (a.k.a. questionably mature), stubborn, cannot sing, and cursed with a very dry sense of humor.

1) I have yet to win the lottery of any meaningful quantity though I count myself very lucky to have the support of my wife. She is understanding and caring.

2) I have collected and traded, over time, the beginner's set of doctors (GP, Urologists, Dentists, Who).

3) In terms of solutions, I've dined at the smorgasbord of tests, PTNS, timed voiding, charts, and Rx dishes. They helped to a degree but, appeared to present solutions that did not preclude the use of protection and constant vigilance. This wore me out - the side effects and increased stress was not a good trade off. For others, this can work.

So, after years of beating myself up, I am starting to lighten up, laugh at myself, and accept. I will not hide from the things that I love, and enjoy life and family whilst wearing diapers [huh, cough, protection].

I hope that I can contribute a perspective, laugh, and give encouragement to others, a fraction of what I’ve learned listening to you all.

With much regard,

Daylight

Welcome to ADISC!

That was a good introduction.

I take it you are a programmer or computer enthusiast? Although I have a BS EE degree, I have spent most of my career in the computer/programming area.

awesome intro!

daylight said:
Greetings and salutations.

I think it's time...It has taken a lot for me to reach this point, to interact verses observe.

Whilst I have, as many have, read the conversations for many years. Your words have provided much solace and thoughtful and humorous support. Thank you.

A byte or 2048 about myself, as this is after all, an introduction.

I'm incontinent. A difficult thing to be, and even harder to say out loud. I wasn't always. This is something that has progressed over many years.

By birth or environ, I am an introvert, geek, and as such, I am a very private person. So, please bear with me as this is difficult to talk about.

Some (unordered) facts:

0) I'm male (a.k.a. questionably mature), stubborn, cannot sing, and cursed with a very dry sense of humor.

1) I have yet to win the lottery of any meaningful quantity though I count myself very lucky to have the support of my wife. She is understanding and caring.

2) I have collected and traded, over time, the beginner's set of doctors (GP, Urologists, Dentists, Who).

3) In terms of solutions, I've dined at the smorgasbord of tests, PTNS, timed voiding, charts, and Rx dishes. They helped to a degree but, appeared to present solutions that did not preclude the use of protection and constant vigilance. This wore me out - the side effects and increased stress was not a good trade off. For others, this can work.

So, after years of beating myself up, I am starting to lighten up, laugh at myself, and accept. I will not hide from the things that I love, and enjoy life and family whilst wearing diapers [huh, cough, protection].

I hope that I can contribute a perspective, laugh, and give encouragement to others, a fraction of what I’ve learned listening to you all.

With much regard,

Daylight

Welcome to the board, fellow male, my sense of humors also dry, can sing though, no luck at the lottery either though

BabyDenise said:
Welcome to ADISC!
I take it you are a programmer or computer enthusiast? Although I have a BS EE degree, I have spent most of my career in the computer/programming area.

Thanks for all the welcomes. Yes, my background is in software. The domain specific language has leaked into my everyday vocabulary.

Hello Daylight,
Nice introduction :)
Welcome to the :grouphug:

Welcome daylight, what a great introduction!

I've also in to computer programming, I studied in collage awhile back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back