Realization

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwayz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have been wearing diapers 24/7 for quite awhile now. Diaper changes, and doing laundry are routine. I was going through my dresser and picked up a pair of underwear, I looked at them and realized that I haven't worn them for so long they were so foreign to me. I have become so used to the feel of a diaper and that they represent comfort and security. My daily routine has incorporated wearing a diaper rather than underwear; I would feel foreign wearing regular underwear.

Tried cloth diaper for first time last night. Went well. Sleep good and no leakage. Think it will be better in my onesie. Appreciate the good info. Alwayz. I cloth is softer and doesn't seem to expand like disposals so you don't have a big bulge in between your legs by morning.

Over time incontinent folks like myself first fight the need for diapers and over time even though I would rather not wear then I have to wear them now and that is how life is going to be until they get a risk free incontinent fix for my urinary system. I just wear the underwear over the diapers as a sound barrier and to keep the diaper in place. Diapers I cannot leave home without them akin to that American Express ad in the 80's.

I had the same kind of realization once. I had kept my old underwear in my dressor for like ten years without ever wearing them. One day I was cleaning out my wardrobe for donation or trash, and realised I just didn't need them. (Goodwill doesn't accept underwear so I trashed them).

Slomo said:
I had the same kind of realization once. I had kept my old underwear in my dressor for like ten years without ever wearing them. One day I was cleaning out my wardrobe for donation or trash, and realised I just didn't need them. (Goodwill doesn't accept underwear so I trashed them).
I always rip out the waistband and keep it handy for a tourniquet for one. My leg vein blew and thank god I had a old pair of underwear I had on with my diaper that after I showered that is when the vein blew all over the bathroom and I just quickly ripped the waistband and tied it around my leg to stop the bleeding worked like a charm too!

no underwear all diapers 24/7 disposals and cloth

I think I like the freedom of underwear too much to ever think of diapers as the standard. Over the last five years, I've been in diapers a little more often than not. Maybe I should start tracking the 24/7 periods in underwear instead.

Trevor said:
I think I like the freedom of underwear too much to ever think of diapers as the standard.

There's no freedom with regular underwear, you have to use the toilet ;)

ChocChip said:
There's no freedom with regular underwear, you have to use the toilet ;)

I know what you mean but to me, the toilet is far more freeing. I have a high capacity bladder, so it's much easier to pick and choose when I use the toilet than having to worry about bulk, chafing, leaks, smells, detection, etc. I love diapers but they're a mixed bag and most of the practical considerations come down on the side of potty training and toilets for me.

I wear underwear over the diaper. It helps to hide the diaper and also keep it in place. All my underwear have become somewhat stretched this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back