Question for DL's with kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinklebutt

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Do your kids know that you wear diapers? If so, what have you told them?

I have 3 kids under 10, and they don't know about my diapers. I am not sure what to tell them if they catch me or find my stash, so hearing what other people have done in this situation would be helpful.

Great question. Hadn’t happened yet but our plan is, should I ever get discovered, is just to say it’s for a medical issue. I know it’s a lie, but no need to get into fetishes until the kids get a little older!

Did your parents ever tell you about their kinks and fetishes? If they were to, would you want to hear it? Most people would answer a definitive NO, so do them (and yourself) a favor and keep it locked away from them. If they DO find out, well, it's easier to lie than tell the truth in this case as has been said, unless you have a culture of radical transparency with them.

I have a 13 year old and 10 year old people twins. To my knowledge, they don’t know about my diapers. If they were ever to stumble across my stash, I would probably just say it’s medical need. I do have some printed ones so that might be a little harder to explain, but hopefully it never comes to that.

Pretty lies.

I've to admit that I'm a DL, but childless to date.
Having been involved at my local fire station with youth work in my early adulthood, I've got some examples of pretty lies making the round even if fully unintended by the kids. Usually, these pretty lies caught us out and we couldn't do anything else but trying to swallow the laugh down as hard as possible.
And I'm not saying, it was related to the ABDL world at all.

Example:
We've been to summer camp with youth fire station. We've got ten to fifteen kids in a tent. Girls in a girls tent with a female lead, boys likewise with a male lead.
I used to get up about 1.5h before waking up time, with the first sunlight for some work out which usually involved some sort of warm up, stretching, a run and more stretching once I was back in.

I returned from my run, did my after work out stretching when a 10ish year old boy comes out of the tent, on his way to the toilet block.
Following a 'good morning', out of the blue the boy suddenly states that his parents do the same sort of gymnastics in their bedroom every morning .... under their cover.

Believe me, it is really tough to not start to laugh hard, especially since the kids, whatever they been told, get it along pretty dry. Now bear in mind, that I live in a rather small village, where almost everyone knows next one ....

What I'm going to say is, that whatever 'pretty' lie you tell your kids about your ABDLism, they may pass it on quite unintentionally. And if it is about the next kid wetting its bed one night.

Be aware, that these pretty lies can haunt you back.

I fully agree with keeping them from it as much as possible. It's not a fetish thing for me, so if it comes up, I feel I can be a little more honest in that they help me relax. I agree with Andybun about kids innocently repeating things they see/hear, and the last thing I want is them saying "my daddy likes to wear diapers" to anyone they may meet.

I'm on the side of keeping it from them and saying it is a medical issue if found out. Kids are very different form a partner.

PaddedInPuyallup said:
I have a 13 year old and 10 year old people twins. To my knowledge, they don’t know about my diapers. If they were ever to stumble across my stash, I would probably just say it’s medical need. I do have some printed ones so that might be a little harder to explain, but hopefully it never comes to that.

I have 2 kids as well - younger - and this is my plan as well if they ever discover my diapers. Medical need. Which, in my case is accurate - or at least has been accurate off and on through different periods of my life. I may, some day, depending on how close I am to my kids, tell them the full story. But only if it were immediately relevant to their lives or useful as a teaching moment. But that’s many years away, once they are adults, if ever.

the important thing is to be careful about playing with kids present, they don't need to know about this at least when they are small. When they are talking they are in fact little tape recorders, so if mommy and daddy are wearing diapers that's probably going to end up common knowledge at school.

Son. 14, no he does not know, and no...we are not going to tell him. If I get outed I have had enough prostate issues and take enough medications that will be my "go to" reasoning.

I also have 3 under 10, mine don't know yet either .. well it's possible they do, but I've never been asked. With my littlest a couple years ago, she walked into my room while changing and saw me in just my diaper, she asked what kind of panties are those? I played it off pretty well.

I do have nocturnal uresis, so I do wear at night with reason, but I've switched to printed diapers now, so that may be a bit harder to explain.

Here's the thing, I'd rather they not find out, but I also don't go way out of my way to hide them. They are in the back of my closet on a shelf and my used ones go into my bathroom trash can, if they looked they'd find um. If it ever came up I'd explain that I sometimes wet the bed and be done with it. It would be a bit harder I think if there wasn't a *need*... I'd probably have to go with a little lie, and I'd probably work harder to hide it all.

PlotTwist said:
Did your parents ever tell you about their kinks and fetishes? If they were to, would you want to hear it? Most people would answer a definitive NO, so do them (and yourself) a favor and keep it locked away from them. If they DO find out, well, it's easier to lie than tell the truth in this case as has been said, unless you have a culture of radical transparency with them.

Agreed, kids shouldn't know about a parents fetishes. Now as a Diaper Lover, that's a part of you so they would have reason to know.

srmousse said:
I also have 3 under 10, mine don't know yet either .. well it's possible they do, but I've never been asked. With my littlest a couple years ago, she walked into my room while changing and saw me in just my diaper, she asked what kind of panties are those? I played it off pretty well.

I do have nocturnal uresis, so I do wear at night with reason, but I've switched to printed diapers now, so that may be a bit harder to explain.

Here's the thing, I'd rather they not find out, but I also don't go way out of my way to hide them. They are in the back of my closet on a shelf and my used ones go into my bathroom trash can, if they looked they'd find um. If it ever came up I'd explain that I sometimes wet the bed and be done with it. It would be a bit harder I think if there wasn't a *need*... I'd probably have to go with a little lie, and I'd probably work harder to hide it all.

From reading this, welcome to the club, as they get older you will have to be much more discrete about both wearing as well as storage. I know it is not optimum. Sometimes I say to my wife, "rhetorically" why do I have to hide, I just want to walk around in my diapers/snappy shirt, it my house!. I know the answer, it is just the small price I have to pay. Despite it all, I get to wear quite a bit.

You know I don't understand this community when it comes to this. For the most part people here are very supportive when it comes to accepting your nappy loving side. But when you have kids all of a sudden you are meant to hide this part, shove it in a closet, lie if discovered and act embarrassed should others know.

To have to hide something that makes you who you are seems so toxic to me. Now to be absolutely clear I am not saying for your kids to know you have a nappy fetish as so many seem to keep trying to use as an argunent to keep it hidden. I myself many times wear to bed at night and use it in a non sexual way. I wake up, change and go about my day. Why should I keep that hidden as though my nappy stash were heroin? It's not some illegal drug, they're just nappies yet alot of responses here seem to treat them as so.

That being said I am not trying to tell others what to do but I am trying to make others think. Is what we are doing perpetuating the fear around wearing nappies or helping the world see it as a more normal thing? Having to hide who I am in my own house angers me because I see no reason to hide such a harmless thing.

Now that being said by hidden I mean going out of your way to hide it. I am not saying that you should walk around in just a nappy (as I wouldn't do that with underwear) but if they happen to catch you you don't need to lie. Just tell the truth.

Yes kids can be talking tape recorders. And yes I understand that they may tell others. But again when you really break it down. The only reason you care if others know is because you think they will react negatively. If you knew every person would act positively then I bet you would have no issue with them knowing. Yet we know you are perfectly in the right with being able to wear but inside still you are insecure about who you are so you make up excuses to hide it and if discovered lie about who you truly are.

That I believe is the truth of the matter. You are free to do what you wish but I see no valid reason here to hide and lie about who I am.

SweetPrincess said:
You know I don't understand this community when it comes to this. For the most part people here are very supportive when it comes to accepting your nappy loving side. But when you have kids all of a sudden you are meant to hide this part, shove it in a closet, lie if discovered and act embarrassed should others know.

To have to hide something that makes you who you are seems so toxic to me. Now to be absolutely clear I am not saying for your kids to know you have a nappy fetish as so many seem to keep trying to use as an argunent to keep it hidden. I myself many times wear to bed at night and use it in a non sexual way. I wake up, change and go about my day. Why should I keep that hidden as though my nappy stash were heroin? It's not some illegal drug, they're just nappies yet alot of responses here seem to treat them as so.

That being said I am not trying to tell others what to do but I am trying to make others think. Is what we are doing perpetuating the fear around wearing nappies or helping the world see it as a more normal thing? Having to hide who I am in my own house angers me because I see no reason to hide such a harmless thing.

Now that being said by hidden I mean going out of your way to hide it. I am not saying that you should walk around in just a nappy (as I wouldn't do that with underwear) but if they happen to catch you you don't need to lie. Just tell the truth.

Yes kids can be talking tape recorders. And yes I understand that they may tell others. But again when you really break it down. The only reason you care if others know is because you think they will react negatively. If you knew every person would act positively then I bet you would have no issue with them knowing. Yet we know you are perfectly in the right with being able to wear but inside still you are insecure about who you are so you make up excuses to hide it and if discovered lie about who you truly are.

That I believe is the truth of the matter. You are free to do what you wish but I see no valid reason here to hide and lie about who I am.

One question. Does everyone you know, know that you wear diapers. If not why not?

Based on that answer you will then know why children are too young to process this information. I don't share my sex life with my son also.

When/if you have kids, you get to make your own decisions. In the mean time until you go down that road, don't try to tell someone that has already been down that road what the road looks like.

The OP was looking for advice from those of us that have children.

Uh, what ever happened to telling your kids "none of your business"?

littlemoosey said:
One question. Does everyone you know, know that you wear diapers. If not why not?

Based on that answer you will then know why children are too young to process this information. I don't share my sex life with my son also.

When/if you have kids, you get to make your own decisions. In the mean time until you go down that road, don't try to tell someone that has already been down that road what the road looks like.

Excuse me!?

Firstly I wasn't actually referring to you. In my response I was speaking in general terms "you". You just happened to respond right before I posted mine with a similar response of "in my own home". So don't take it so personally.

To answer your question. No, no-one does know. But I make very little effort now to hide it. Should they stumble across it (such as just opening my closest they'll find it) I'll just tell them the truth. Also the fact I like to wear nappies doesn't generally come up in most conversations so I see no reason to bring it up. The same way you wouldn't bring up something specific like "I like avocados" unless someone asked you.

Again if you read my reply you would of known I already answered the second part of your question about "I don't share my sex life with my son also." I wasn't speaking on the fetish part. Like I said and I will re-state again "I myself many times wear to bed at night and use it in a non sexual way. I wake up, change and go about my day.".
Another example is the same way someone might like to drink beer to relax I like to wear nappies to de-stress. There you go another valid non-sexual explanation for nappy wearing. Why is saying publicly to people you like to drink beer and get drunk to de-stress acceptable and nappy wearing not?

I love challenging social norms. That was the point of my previous post. Not to score points, or to say "you're doing it wrong". I love playing devil's advocate. Notice how I also said at the end this: "That I believe is the truth of the matter. You are free to do what you wish but I see no valid reason here to hide and lie about who I am."

Notice how I said "I", I wasn't attacking you or anyone.

One last thing don't tell me I shouldn't respond because I've not yet had kids. I am 21 and I was that kid you're talking about not too long ago buddy, so I think I have some say considering I didn't think nappy wearing was that bad when I was in preschool, I actually wanted to wear them lol.

SweetPrincess said:

If I could give positive rep then you'd certainly have it (like polls, rep doesn't work on mobile phones). You certainly hit the nail on the head with this, of which I completely agree.

- - - Updated - - -

littlemoosey said:

While not directed to me, I share Sweetprincess' view, and can provide an answer as well. Which is everyone who either has a right to know (close to me), or has ever asked or seen my diaper, yes thry know. Not every stranger we pass needs to know me though, so obviously "everyone" doesn't know.

And as we have both said, being a DL is not sexual. The OP was asking about being a DL with kids. Of course kids do not, and should not, know about a parents fetishes. Sexual Diaper fetishes which you are referring to included. This is different though, more similar to a parent being gay. It isn't something they hide because gay is who the are, yet they obviously don't go into any sexual details because that part is different. Well, the same for being a DL. It just isn't something that needs to be hidden, because this is a part of who we are. Understand?

Mine have seen mine and they don't think much about it or even seem to remember I wear them. I have never told them why I wear them or that they are mine.

I don't make the effort to hide it because diapers are part of who I am so why hide it? My mom didn't hide her pads from us or the fact she was on her period. She even changed them in front of us than kicking us out of the bathroom or locking us out while she was taking care of her personal needs. Some people freaked out about this on Reddit when I mentioned it and someone had the nerve to call it child abuse lmao. People have also told me how my kids will be traumatized with me wearing a diaper and that also makes me laugh because seriously, how is a child going to get traumatized just because they saw diapers in their mom's room and noticed them on her growing up? Wouldn't that also apply to IC parents too? Just imagine how it looks if a person actually went to a therapist and their reason is, "I am seeing you because my mom was incontinent so I saw her wearing diapers and I am traumatized from it." Of course the therapist would have to be professional by listening to what they have to say and help them with their ridiculous issue.

Sure if the parents paraded around in them and had the nerve to go out in public like that and it caused the kid to be teased and made fun of about it and of the parent liked to expose them in public where it was impossible to not tell and to not notice and they would have visible leaks and mess themselves making it smell and yeah i am sure that would affect the child. Especially if they showed up at their school like that. But it wouldn't have been because of the parent being IC, just them being a dumb ass with their medication condition.

Kids don't need to know how you feel about them or that you masturbate in them or what you do in your personal time with them. They also don't need to know when you have peed in it or pooped. Diapers get thrown away in my room and get taken outside to the outside trash when it's full. My bedroom is also wear I change them.

Very well put Calico. Another positive rep I'd give- if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back