Question for DL's with kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would tell my kids, and wouldn't stop them from knowing the truth.
My parents don't tell me anything, and when they do, its hard to believe what they say. I wouldn't do the same to my kids.
My answer to their question "Why are you wearing a diaper" would be because its fun. I don't wear too often, so it would be the truth!
I don't wear other than right before bed and right after, so its not an all day thing, meaning if they caught onto the fact that they could wear diapers again/still/too that of course like me, still obligated to not wear during the day/life/work/school etc
If they wanted to wear diapers for fun near bedtime, I would have no problems with it.

But I don't have kids, and not sure that I will anytime soon.

Tungsten said:
Traveling on or constructing railroads?

Ohhh....you mean the other definition. Isn’t it crazy that words can have multiple defintions and meanings, and not just the ones that justify your opinions?

Ha Ha, wrong again! Though this is another good example so lets look at it further. The noun use of railroad is NOT the same as the verb use. It may be the same word definition yet has two distinctly different meanings under that same definition. And they are not even close. I clearly used it in the verb tense, so you are as far off on this as you are the other definitions.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/railroad

My word use was never implied for either defition meaning one way of the other, it was used correctly for exactly what I meant. You'd know that if you had paid attention in grade school English class, just as you'd know those meanings are simply not my opinion- or anyone else's. And I've been over this, so try using the search function for "definitions, love, fetish" and you'll find a little more clarity there too.

If you’re going to insult me, at least be correct. ‘Railroading’ is a gerund; a verb used as a noun. Ask the publishers of “Progressive Railroading” magazine if my usage is correct.

Tungsten said:
No. I know Slomo from other forums. He honestly doesn’t believe that DL can be sexual in any way. Full stop.

I fully agree that it can be both.

Oh, I missed seeing this before. Not only is this more misinformation, but it is an outright lie. I have said many, many times that being DL absolutely can, and often does, include sexuality. The difference between a diaper love and a diaper fetish is the same difference between any other love and fetish. Love includes it, fetishes are based on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Tungsten said:
If you’re going to insult me, at least be correct. ‘Railroading’ is a gerund; a verb used as a noun. Ask the publishers of “Progressive Railroading” magazine if my usage is correct.

It CAN be a gerund, which is when a verb has ing tacked on to it and used as a noun. Maybe that's where you got confused at first. Like I've already said though, my originaly statement had the proper verb use in the proper sentence structure. So obviously your interpertaion was, and still is, completely wrong.

And I make it a point to not ask a magazine editor the proper use of a word. I go straight to the source experts who have conveniently put together a free resource for us all. One which clearly defines the proper meaning, and uses, or a word. It's called a dictionary, not a magazine.

Now if you're done tying to derail the OP's original question, then I'd like to try and get back on track to the matter at hand. (Yes the puns are on purpose, and they are appropriately used too).

The OP clearly asked about DL's with kids. Not diaper fetish's with kids. Big difference. And when it's a part of who you are, there is simply no reason to hide the way we are from one's own kids. Certainly no more than being gay either.

Deep breath everyone! I speak for myself, but I'm sure others will agree, we don't come to these forums to read about grammar debates or bickering in general. I think there's a difference between sharing opposing ideas and and fighting, and I feel like this conversation may have departed a bit from the OP's topic. I'm not pointing any fingers or calling anyone out... Just asking that everyone take a deep breath. :)

Crinklebutt said:
Do your kids know that you wear diapers? If so, what have you told them?

I have 3 kids under 10, and they don't know about my diapers. I am not sure what to tell them if they catch me or find my stash, so hearing what other people have done in this situation would be helpful.

I wouldn't tell them that would confuse them probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
My kids are grown and out of the house for many years. I was always a deeply involved ABDL. I did my best to keep it all hidden away. but guess what. They were/are fully aware. Kids are incredibly nosey. They get into everything. So something that takes up as much space as my abdl stuff takes up is definitely going to get outed.
They know. They don't ask about it or want to know about it. They developed into normal caring considerate adults. I think you'll find that kids are too busy with their lives to give a darn about you wearing diapers. :SHOCKED:

srmousse said:
Deep breath everyone! I speak for myself, but I'm sure others will agree, we don't come to these forums to read about grammar debates or bickering in general. I think there's a difference between sharing opposing ideas and and fighting, and I feel like this conversation may have departed a bit from the OP's topic. I'm not pointing any fingers or calling anyone out... Just asking that everyone take a deep breath. :)

Thanks man, I definitely agree! I really wanted that bit of misinformation to be put to a stop too. Glad we can get back to the point of topic.

Metoo said:
My kids are grown and out of the house for many years. I was always a deeply involved ABDL. I did my best to keep it all hidden away. but guess what. They were/are fully aware. Kids are incredibly nosey. They get into everything. So something that takes up as much space as my abdl stuff takes up is definitely going to get outed.
They know. They don't ask about it or want to know about it. They developed into normal caring considerate adults. I think you'll find that kids are too busy with their lives to give a darn about you wearing diapers. :SHOCKED:

I've often wondered if this wasn't the case in my own home. I never wear openly around my kids. I don't keep anything out where it could be easily seen. I'm cautious to wake up before my kids do so i can dispose of any evidence.. But i do wear under my jeans after they've gone to bed and then i wear under pajamas to bed fairly regularly (a few nights every month). My stash is in my closet... not locked up or even all that well hidden. Not visible... But not exactly hidden either. I keep the closet door closed, but it would be trivially easy for them to snoop. My kids are 13, 11, and 6. My youngest noticed i was wearing once when she was 3 or so and asked me about it, but i lied through my teeth, mortified that I had been so careless, and I'm pretty sure she's forgotten. But who knows? They've never asked me about it. I would certainly never tell them about the fetish side of things, but i was a DL long before it developed into a fetish. I mostly wear because it's comforting, and it helps me relax and sleep. I wet the bed a lot growing up... So it's just intrinsically reassuring to wear a diaper. I've contemplated just telling them; explaining that it's not something we talk about outside the house... But then I remember being an angry teen and think... No... Better not to mention it. I figure I can cross that bridge if i find myself standing on it. If they know, I'm ok with that. If they don't know, I'm ok with that too.

My kids know about it for sure. They see it almost daily. They know it’s just who I am, I wear to bed, hell, for the last couple years I’ve worn almost 24/7. A couple days of not, but I regret it, so it’s just worth it to wear all day everyday. I don’t know if it’s wrong to be in a T-shirt and pull-up in front of them, mom tells them dads bladder is messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan82318 said:
My kids know about it for sure. They see it almost daily. They know it’s just who I am, I wear to bed, hell, for the last couple years I’ve worn almost 24/7. A couple days of not, but I regret it, so it’s just worth it to wear all day everyday. I don’t know if it’s wrong to be in a T-shirt and pull-up in front of them, mom tells them dads bladder is messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong or right really comes down to wheter or not you're actually exposing yourself in front of them. Even with just a diaper (or swimsuit for that matter), you aren't commiting a crime so it's technically not wrong. But location and socitlety's local acceptance to how much exposure is ok all play a part in if it's acceptable or not (not just right or wrong).

There's also the personal belief if a diaper is underwear or outerwear. It's commonly acceptable for babies to be dressed in just a diaper and tee, so it's outerwear for them. Often though you will see a double standard based solely on an adult's age, which is nearly the literal definition of age discrimination.

If it's truly considered underwear, then it's borderline not acceptable. Again though, location plays a part as an adult's diaper covers more than a swimsuit, and at least at the water it's considered socially acceptable as outer wear. At a restaurant, or public outing, definitely not acceptable. In one's own home though, I'd say that's up to the parents even if some won't personally like it.

i have been struggling with this very much. as my child was born 3 months early via emergency c-section. i wear diapers at night for bed and during the day for some light urinary issues. but to make my life less dismal my wife has sewn my onesies and we bought some and have used printed diapers as some work great. my issues is much the same, what do you say? in todays society i am horrified and being labeled a pedo. even if i do need them medically. like how do you mix it?

redbullfiend said:
i have been struggling with this very much. as my child was born 3 months early via emergency c-section. i wear diapers at night for bed and during the day for some light urinary issues. but to make my life less dismal my wife has sewn my onesies and we bought some and have used printed diapers as some work great. my issues is much the same, what do you say? in todays society i am horrified and being labeled a pedo. even if i do need them medically. like how do you mix it?

As you've probably seen, most here will (or try to) treat it like any other underwear. It's just a matter of fact thing that people wear underwear, or in our case diapers. It's nkt a big deal you kid shouldknow about then, unless the only reason you wear one is for the sexual stimulation. Then that would be a different story.

Try to think, would you go out of your way to make sure an underwear band will never show? Would you go out of your way to hide the fact you even wear underwear? And not if, but when, your kid starts asking about your underwear, do you deny it or have a matter of fact talk about it? So then why not treat it the same with diapers- especially when they are medically necessary and truly are your type of underwear? Keep it low key and personal, but don't worry about keeping it private and hidden. When it comes up, it's no big deal.

Of course, there's the other approach that diapers are also ok to be considered outerwear too. Not appropriate for most public places, but yes appropriate to be seen in some other limited places. In this case you have to start asking would you hide you wear shorts, a nightgown, or a swimsuit. And so on. Then apply that same thinking to your diapers. Now I can already see a lot do not agree with this viewpoint, and that's ok. Just remember there is a difference between criminal and acceptability, and showing you are wearing a diaper is never a criminal act unless it's done under sexual pretenses.

srmousse said:
I also have 3 under 10, mine don't know yet either .. well it's possible they do, but I've never been asked. With my littlest a couple years ago, she walked into my room while changing and saw me in just my diaper, she asked what kind of panties are those? I played it off pretty well.

I do have nocturnal uresis, so I do wear at night with reason, but I've switched to printed diapers now, so that may be a bit harder to explain.

Here's the thing, I'd rather they not find out, but I also don't go way out of my way to hide them. They are in the back of my closet on a shelf and my used ones go into my bathroom trash can, if they looked they'd find um. If it ever came up I'd explain that I sometimes wet the bed and be done with it. It would be a bit harder I think if there wasn't a *need*... I'd probably have to go with a little lie, and I'd probably work harder to hide it all.

I think prints are not really a concern, if you have issues. Young childs wouldn't even think about why there are prints on the nappies as long as they got served a good reason for why someone is wearing. And if for whatever reason they DO ask, you can just say that white ones are boring. At least thats how I am going to handle it if I ever get busted.

:detective3

Wow, this has been a really interesting and informative thread with quite a few differing opinions to be sure.

I guess since it has begun, I will throw my own experience and viewpoints into the array of posts here. :educate:

I am a father of three children, now almost all of them young adults themselves. I have not openly shared my wearing of diapers and adult baby side with them. However, interestingly enough, some years ago I discovered that my youngest child, (now definitely not a child but yet still in high school), had an interest in diapers himself. I discovered this through finding some used training pull ups in the trash and left over diapers from when my children had been in diapers that happened not to be my own.

This in itself is a statistical improbability, but it happened to me and my son.

So, what did I do? Did I come out and tell my son that hey, that's cool son! Dad wears them too?

You want to try some of my Aww So Cutes?

Hell no!!!

But... Let's back up and examine this whole situation for a second.

• How many of you have felt ashamed when you were younger about wearing diapers?
  • How many of you have gone through the binge and purge cycle and at times hated the fact you had this interest and at other times really wished you could be more involved and perhaps wear more often or even all the time? (and I am speaking here to those who are not incontinent, but yet have the desire to wear diapers --as this then becomes a choice, as your body doesn't physically need diapers, but perhaps psychologically you do)
  • Are diapers sexual for you? I ask this as it differs across the board. For some it is a coping mechanism, some just relate to being a baby and enjoy the feeling, and others it is very sexual.

Okay Teddy, why are you asking these things?

Well... what I am trying to get at here, is that in all the research I have found, the desire to wear diapers does not have a universal reason for wanting to do so. And the purposeful wearing of them to fulfill one's desires certainly differs by culture as far as acceptance.

During my own childhood, I went through more binge and purge cycles than I can even describe. At some times, I hated myself and though I was a terrible person and wished with all of my heart that I did not have these desires. I felt dirty and ashamed. Yet despite all of my efforts, I could not rid myself of the desire to wear diapers. It was a huge burden, a secret part of me that I could not share with others due to the fear of being ostracized and considered a freak.

And this will date me, but guess what? I grew up without the internet!

OMG! Really?

Yes, really.

So finding out about being ABDL was almost non-existant, and I remember when I first discovered that I was not the only one who had these interests, and it was like a huge burden being lifted from me. I realized I wasn't alone and that others too felt these things. Thank you BitterGrey for this...

But back to being a Dad and sharing this with my children...

Before I go into the situation with my son who I found out was wearing diapers and also had this interest, let me share a few more points. :detective3

- Why would you want to share this with your children? It is something very personal, and regrettably, society still has a stigma towards it. It is something that most people think is odd and are not likely going to accept. With this in mind, what good will it do to share this with your kids? So you want them to be open-minded and not think the same as society, so you just go ahead and wear diapers around them as if it is no big deal? Well, maybe that is good for you, but for me, it is something that is very personal and not something that I believe my children need to see me doing.

As I asked the question above about it being sexual, well... for many it is, and thus just as I am not going to have sex when my children are around, I certainly am not going to be parading or talking about a kink I have around my kids. Despite the changing of perception as to morals and what is right or wrong, I still believe the majority of people believe there is a reason for G ratings verses R or X. Hence, if this is something sexual to you, then by all means, it is not something to be exposed to children. I respect others opinions, but for myself, I firmly believe that just as there are ratings on films as to the appropriate audiences, there are things that are appropriate to discuss and also not to discuss to age different audiences.

But what if it is not sexual Teddy? I wear diapers just because they make me feel good and it is part of my identity deep within.

I hear you on this. That is who I am and describes my interest in wearing diapers. But let's look at this too for a second. Even if it is just a deep part of yourself, why is it appropriate or not appropriate to share the fact you like wearing diapers with your kids?

Well... hmmm... If you are not a parent, then you might not get this, but guess what? Like it or not, your kids see you in not only the controlled portion of your family life, but also amongst peers. And guess what? Their peers and friends are sure as heck not likely to think someone wearing diapers is a cool thing. And wake up call here... your kids aren't just going to be listening to you as they are teenagers and grow into their own adulthood.

Finally, there is the fact that despite the internet, despite all of the awareness that is now out there that quite a few people do wear diapers out of desire and not need, it is still something that usually causes a lot of pain to those who have this interest, and especially as they work through accepting and not accepting it in their life. This was horrible for me personally, and caused me to have a very low self esteem for a long period in my life. So as a father, who has struggled through this, the last thing I would want is for any of my children to go the hell and fire of these emotions.

Hence, for these reasons, and the simple fact that there are really no good reasons why I should share that I like wearing diapers, I have not shared this with my children and gone to great efforts to keep it private.

Its not that it is wrong. It is not that it is shameful. It is simply very personal and something I believe very special to be shared with someone who understands it and can be part of this experience with me. But that does not include my children. For these reasons, I have not, and will not share it with them.

So that is Teddy Bear's story.

... But let me share in closing what took place with my son as I discovered his interest in diapers.

He was, I think ,12 or 13 when I found the used diapers, and after much careful, and very deep thought (and prayer), I approached him about it and shared what I had found. He at first was very quiet and it was obvious he did not want to talk about it, but I shared with him that I understood and that it was something that a lot of people do have an interest in.

More than anything, I shared with him that I loved him and that I understood that these were strong feelings (without actually coming out and telling him I had the same feelings) and that it was natural to feel these things.

I also shared with him that it was okay to have these feelings, but that if he was struggling with it and felt like it was something that he was having a hard time about, that I was there for him. More than anything, I explained that he was not alone and that there are many others who feel this way. I was neutral in my discussion and did not discourage or encourage him, but rather simply let him know I was there for him and that if he needed to talk about it, I was there.

As you can imagine, it felt very awkward at first. As he did not want his Dad knowing about this and essentially tried to hide within himself. But as we discussed this, it became an amazing experience and actually something that brought us closer together as he realized I was not lecturing him that it was wrong.

We have had a few conversations since that time about it and he has shared he really isn't thinking much about it anymore as he is involved in football and many other things. But regardless of if he is or isn't still involved or feeling these desires, I truly believe that I did the right thing and it brought us closer as father and son.

:educate: Parenting is not a strict discipline with only one right or wrong answer. Rather, I sincerely believe that each circumstance is different. Where in some instances it would be very wrong to share your interests in wearing diapers with your children, there are others that perhaps given the circumstance you are in it would be okay. But for myself, I do not feel there is a need or reason as a parent to share your interest in being ABDL with your children as I perceive a greater negative rationale than the potential benefits of doing so. And this is coming from a situation where my own son has an interest in wearing diapers also.

If you are in this situation, the best advice I can give you is to use sound judgement and consider all of the ramifications and/or benefits of sharing your DL or ABDL interests, and then go with what your gut instinct tells you. No one answer is correct to be sure. Use logic, but more importantly, use instinct and love. Love more than anything...

--Thanks for reading and please forgive me for being so verbose in sharing my opinion. Because I have been so directly involved in this situation, I wanted to share my insights as I have yet to hear of another ABDL here who has also had a child who expressed an ABDL interest.

Reactions: abdlexplorer, lampkins and Crinklebutt
Your reply is very thorough and well thought out TeddyBearCowboy and I respect your choice not to tell.

However I do sense a slight bit of hypocrisy. You spent the first half saying your reasons on why you wouldn't tell your child then in the second half, reverse the scenario even admitting your child seems like he wouldn't want you to know.
Yet you invade his privacy to tell him you know. Why did you do that? Especially after just saying that your nappy wearing is a "very personal thing" and I would imagine for your son, his desire would be also being that he wouldn't want you to know.

Now I understand why you told him. And I am very pleased to hear how encouraging you were and also supportive (which is what I would of wanted when I was younger). However because on your stance to not let other family members know, it seems rather hypocritical for you to even mention it to your son that you know of his desire, again especially when you say you wouldn't want him knowing of your attraction to diapers. If you think it's OK for you to know his attraction why do you think it's not OK for him to know yours?

A lot of what I say is all hypothetical and not meant to be taken as "Ok I guess I'll go randomly tell my son now I also like to wear diapers". I just want to expand people's minds. So now another question. The reason you gave, on it being very personal is understandable. But why? Is that an excuse you give yourself not to tell others? You said so yourself there is still a stigma around wearing diapers. If wearing diapers were as common as underwear and treated as so should someone find out that you wear them, would you still consider it a "very personal" thing.

Family friends or work colleges would just go "so what? that's normal". If this was "normal" would you really be making this statement of "it's very personal"? And if you wouldn't, it's not really an excuse of "oh that's indecent because it's personal" it's more like "oh that's not normal so I shouldn't tell others". Just curious. Because I believe for most people that is the real reason why they don't tell others, because it's not normal. Not to say that "not normal" isn't a valid reason for not telling other people of your diaper wearing (because for some it can be) I am just trying to get to the root of it.

Now personally, I firmly believe that telling our kids we like to wear diapers is one great way to combat this stigma of wearing diapers. Not only for us but for incontinent people also. A child growing up from birth to adulthood is far more likely to accept new and crazy things than someone who is older. So if we teach our children that this isn't a big deal and act accordingly then we will begin to break this stigma. Now of course I believe this only applies for newborns or early children like 2-5 years. Once a child is older they will already begin to adopt the idea of diaper stigmatization and so acceptance from the child of who you are will be harder (they'll more likely be embarrassed by you especially in teens).

Of course this is all hypothetical and not saying you should do anything. But just my thoughts on this. If you've found something that works for you by all means continue to do so.

TeddyBearCowboy, thanks for sharing. I can understand your reasoning for not wantining to share this part of yourself with your son. It is a deeply vulnerable part of us for sure, and not everyone is willing or wants to open up and connect with their family quite at that level.

That said, I agree with SweetPrincess. Your reasoning to withold the truth of who you are with your son, yet invade his life by revealing you know is by definition hypocritical. You r explanations to him about diapers, while commendable, clearly do not reflect your own personal beliefs about diapers. Still though, I do at least commend you for being supportive of him for who he is. As you know, very few of us ever had even half that nurturing support while growing up, so good hob and thank you for at least setting a somewhat better example.

This is a really interesting discussion.

To be honest I doubt many people think anything at all about adults wearing nappies unless they are confronted with it.

I have 2 grown up daughters. I did not share with them whilst they were younger and I think the reasons given by Teddy Bear Cowboy pretty much match my own.

As adults however they are both now aware of my nappies and really couldn't be less bothered by it. They are intelligent young women who have grown up in a world far more tolerant of people who are "different" than I ever did. They both have friends who are gay, transsexual and bisexual. My eldest daughters fiance is actually transgender so the old man wearing a nappy just doesn't phase them.

In fact to be totally honest I was almost disappointed at their total lack of reaction when I told them. I think they would have reacted much the same if I'd said "I've got something to tell you girls, you don't know this but for my whole life I've been secretly.....playing golf!"

It was like "ha, the more you know. What's for dinner?"

So personally I'm quite optimistic for the future. I can see a time when communities like ours are accepted in general society as I believe young people are generally far more tolerant and consequently have less hang ups than my generation did/do.

SweetPrincess said:
Your reply is very thorough and well thought out TeddyBearCowboy and I respect your choice not to tell.

However I do sense a slight bit of hypocrisy. You spent the first half saying your reasons on why you wouldn't tell your child then in the second half, reverse the scenario even admitting your child seems like he wouldn't want you to know.
Yet you invade his privacy to tell him you know. Why did you do that? Especially after just saying that your nappy wearing is a "very personal thing" and I would imagine for your son, his desire would be also being that he wouldn't want you to know.

Now I understand why you told him. And I am very pleased to hear how encouraging you were and also supportive (which is what I would of wanted when I was younger). However because on your stance to not let other family members know, it seems rather hypocritical for you to even mention it to your son that you know of his desire, again especially when you say you wouldn't want him knowing of your attraction to diapers.

Thank you SweetPrincess for your compliments as to my post and for sharing your views on this topic (and Slomo, for your similar compliment and post).

But, hmm.... I didn't really think that by sharing my own personal experience (which is not hypothetical, it is real life and actually happened) that being judged as "hypocritical" was going to be the result. Especially when I shared that there was no one correct answer and that parenting is by far not a one size fits all. What has worked for me and my family may be different for others. What works for some parents and a child may not work for another, and even within the same family.

I respect your beliefs and values SweetPrincess and Slomo, and I hope you would respect mine. I don't care that you disagree with my point of view or that you would have "hypothetically" handled this situation differently. But the fact remains that there is no possible way that you can understand all of the factors that may come to play in my given situation. You do not understand the culture, the relationship of my son and I, nor of the background and circumstances associated with this situation. And who knows, despite all of your existing beliefs and values, if you were given the same situation with all of the variables of life's circumstance of time, background, and personalities that brought two beings into the situation of myself and my son, perhaps maybe you would see things much differently.

As SRMOUSSE said in an earlier post to this thread, (paraphrasing) "when you have a baby yourself and hold them in your arms, everything changes." I know this FIRSTHAND as a father of three children and when you have children of your own and go through all of the phases of life in raising them, you see things quite differently than when you are not a parent and have not experienced this yourself.

So please before you cry "hypocrite" to someone, try to understand there are more than one right or wrong answers out there.

ADISC is here to support each other and be able to discuss these kinds of things in a safe environment, without knocking each other down. --Otherwise, why would anyone want to share their close and personal experiences if they are going to be called out like that. I mean, it is truly fine to come out and say, "I would not have done that, as I think it is important to maintain a level of equality as both a parent and child. In my own experience, I have found.... "

If I were to call you a hypocrite or tell you just how wrong you were because of some action which you had shared --one which you found to have been very beneficial to you and the other person in establishing a closer relationship, and one you have seen very positive results from... just how are you going to feel? Are you going to want to share such a close and personal experience again?

I am here on ADISC to have friends and share my experiences with others to help them through things they may be struggling through, as well as receive help from others regarding things I might struggle with. In connection with this, my response was to the original poster to this thread, who asked a question to those who were parents of children.

"Do your kids know that you wear diapers? If so, what have you told them?

I have 3 kids under 10, and they don't know about my diapers. I am not sure what to tell them if they catch me or find my stash, so hearing what other people have done in this situation would be helpful.
"

My initial response was to the OP, not to you SweetPrincess or Slomo. I shared my REAL LIFE experience as a parent to potentially help the OP in their question. -- I did not share this to be argumentative nor to belittle anyone who saw things different. --I do not think that by doing so is such as something to be called out as a hypocrite or to be told that I did something wrong by an individual who truly has no idea whatsoever of my own circumstance just because they see things differently.

Can you let others answer the OP's question please? --without chiming in an argument to your point of view and allowing the OP and others to see what other parents have done in this situation --without being afraid they may be called out as a hypocrite on their answer?

I don't think the intent of the OP's question was to have a huge debate on what is right or wrong, but rather for individuals to share their experiences and viewpoints in being a parent and ABDL.

I appreciate your points of view SweetPrincess, as well as the arguments you make in trying to find ways to create less stigma towards wearing diapers. But perhaps if you want to have a larger debate on the merits of this, it would be more appropriate in the mature topics forum. This would allow others who want to share what they have done as parents to answer the OPs question here on this thread without fear of reprisal or being called out on sharing their personal experience.

I would hate to see this thread shut down or people not respond because it was too heated of a debate --rather than a sharing of experiences as the original OP had requested.

Just some thoughts from a ragged ol' teddy bear cowboy who wants others to chime in their experiences as DL or ABDL parents with children to the very worthwhile and beneficial question of this thread...

Last edited:
Teddy, thanks for sharing! I do not for a second think you are being hippocratical. Further, I also don't think you have violated any level of privacy. I've seen comments about violation of privacy before, and have always just held my tongue (or fingers as it were)... Let me pre apologize for going on a tangent off the OP's topic...

Here's the thing, for all the young, child-less, whiper-snapers out there. In a normal, health family relationship, parents LOVE their kids. As such, parents have an obligation to do everything in their power to love, protect, and raise their kids to become the best adults possible. This child raising thing is sinking hard! I love my kids with a ferocity that is incomparable to anything else in life. Because of this love, I have to do things, like discipline, that my kids just don't like! I wait and watch them until they get all the way into the doors of their school. I don't let them play in the front yard unless I'm watching. I don't let them go to friends houses until I know their friend's parents. I pay attention to what they watch and games they play. I periodically search their rooms (my oldest is 9, the worst I've found to date is a moldy sandwich). When they finally are old enough for a phone, it'll have an app to monitor location, call logs and txt messages (I've already talked with my 9yo about this one).

I can hear it already from some of you, this is way overreaching and way too invasive, and I am breaking their privacy and trust...

Like I've already said, the love you will discover, once you have your own children is immeasurable to anything you can understand before you actually have one! My actions as a parent are not at all ones of distrust of any one of my three girls, they are from a major, and disserved, distrust of the rest of the world! I am trying so hard to protect my girls! By paying attention, by watching and listening, by monitoring, I am able to intervene and prevent the bad stuff before it becomes a real problem. If I ever found used diapers, I would ABSOLUTELY have a talk with my kid. It would not be a lecture, scolding, or anything negative, but rather supportive and with a desire to understand. Has she been having accidents and trying to cope? Did she just find it and wanted to try? Is there something else going on, like depression?This is not at all an invasion of privacy, this is an action of caring and protection. Further than that, the fact is, while my children are living under my roof, while they are too young to take care of themselves, I will absolute expect that they follow my rules and put up with my desire to love and protect them. Having a phone, having a car, having a computer, etc, are all privileges, not rights. If you would like to buy them on your own, then we can negotiate terms of privacy, until then, your can expect I will be monitoring to ensure your safety!

I know, some of you are older than 18, and have felt very real privacy invasions. That may be a different story... That said, if you are still living with your parents, it's not unreasonable to expect to have to still follow their rules. Don't like it? Find your own place and make your own rules!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back