SDK Restock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarquestStig

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just checked yesterday and it looks like ABU is pretty much out of stock on all Super Dry Kids, does anyone know when they might be restocked? I've searched around but haven't found any info. It seems like every time I go to order I run into this issue.

They probably won't have any for at least a month. When I talked to their representative, he told me that they have had an over stock of the small size for over a year, but were having difficulties keeping the medium and larger sizes. The mediums are the hardest to maintain, because they are so popular. They definitely need to increase production, because the SDK is the most practical item they carry in my opinion. People are attracted to their discrete white coloration, a taping panel that looks pleasant, their density, and skin-friendly plastic backing. It should be the top brand among the medical supply outlets, but unfortunately they are not plentiful enough.

SDK's are awesome. This little guys fav diaper. There are real ab diapers which is why there so popular. 100% babyish.
Hope they back in stock soon or I might be running around with wet pants, lol

Yeah, SDKs will probably be out for a month or two. Which is a bummer because they are my absolute favorite!

Hate to break it to the fellow posters, but they've been out of stock for quite some time now, in Canada and America. I think they only have small sizes in stock and even those were dwindling last I heard. I'm glad I had some bambinos left over to offset, cause this little guy still has a full 2 bags worth :eek:

I ordered mine like 4 months ago and shortly after that Large and Medium sizes went out of stock and have been that way since. I would hope that they would restock in the next month or so as SDK's are like my favourite diaper, but they've been out of stock for a while, so I wouldn't hold your breath. Also ABU sometimes staggers their restocks for whatever reason, I remember when it wasn't SDK's that were out forever it was Kiddos and now low and behold, Kiddos are back in stock and holding strong and SDK's have been out for like months.

I really shouldn't be talking though, as I said, I'm still lucky enough to have 2 packs in my size waiting for me when I have some spare time to regress :)

As a business, I cannot understand why ABU does not order anything like this in very large purchase order to keep all sizes in stock. If you got something in demand all the time, why order a limited amount instead of just purchase more stock to keep doing sales. It's simply business if you have demand for something you want to keep an order of items in stock to make more sale or losing business.

lots of great replies! I kinda was wondering myself why they don't keep them stocked more.

I'm glad to see there are so many people who also love SDK's! They are my favorites too!! I sent a note to support @ ABU and I got a response from Casey. He said that their emphasis so far has been new product development and that they were going to shift focus away from new products to address stock issues for a while. This apparently is going to be the top priority now until they can iron everything out in that department. Apparently a lot of people have been providing feedback of frustration on stock issues. So hopefully in the near future this issue will be a thing of the past.

RG

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I never understand why people post questions like this here instead of just emailing ABU who are the only people who can accurately answer this question?

blob said:
I never understand why people post questions like this here instead of just emailing ABU who are the only people who can accurately answer this question?

It's very simple. Sometimes, it's the only way to get the attention of the company that produces a vital necessity for many people. Just sending an email won't do any good, because more often than not, a wider audience is needed.

This emphasis on new product development concerns me as well. It makes me wonder if all the good stuff they have will end up going the way of the Peek-A-Bu's, where others with my disability have to make do with something thinner and possibly cheaper. I certainly would not look forward to that, because I have seen it done to toddler diapers, rendering them unable to function they way the used to. Dry 24/7 started to thin and cheapen their product, until a huge outcry stopped them from doing much more damage than they already have. Let's hope ABUniverse doesn't end up going the shrinkflation route.

RGordon45 said:
I'm glad to see there are so many people who also love SDK's! They are my favorites too!! I sent a note to support @ ABU and I got a response from Casey. He said that their emphasis so far has been new product development and that they were going to shift focus away from new products to address stock issues for a while. This apparently is going to be the top priority now until they can iron everything out in that department. Apparently a lot of people have been providing feedback of frustration on stock issues. So hopefully in the near future this issue will be a thing of the past.

RG

Thank you matey for letting us know!

SDKs are technically my second favourite now thanks to Kiddos but they are lovely and really deserve to always be instock.

As there are many diapers I would love to see ABU produce/enhance it’s a slight blow but really want them to succeed.

I'm wondering (hypothetically speaking) if the sdk's are getting revamped, I mean there was conversation a while back of a single tape simple ultra being released, this is just hearsay though. But can you imagine? sdks single tape diapers with a front waist bank and single tapes, I'd be in love with that!!!

pampers4U said:
I'm wondering (hypothetically speaking) if the sdk's are getting revamped, I mean there was conversation a while back of a single tape simple ultra being released, this is just hearsay though. But can you imagine? sdks single tape diapers with a front waist bank and single tapes, I'd be in love with that!!!
I'm the opposite, I seriously hope SDK's never have a front waist band!

RG

Honeywell6180 said:
They probably won't have any for at least a month. When I talked to their representative, he told me that they have had an over stock of the small size for over a year, but were having difficulties keeping the medium and larger sizes. The mediums are the hardest to maintain, because they are so popular. They definitely need to increase production, because the SDK is the most practical item they carry in my opinion. People are attracted to their discrete white coloration, a taping panel that looks pleasant, their density, and skin-friendly plastic backing. It should be the top brand among the medical supply outlets, but unfortunately they are not plentiful enough.

Wouldn't that just be a simple matter of re-ordering mediums and larges only? Why would having too many smalls mean you can't re-stock in the other sizes????

Slomo said:
Wouldn't that just be a simple matter of re-ordering mediums and larges only? Why would having too many smalls mean you can't re-stock in the other sizes????

One assumes they do, as they've had an overstock of smalls for over a year but are having trouble maintaining stock of the larger sizes. I'm guessing because the quantity they have in stock is inconsistent they have a harder time realizing how many they should be ordering to maintain stock until the next order ships. If the stock was consistent people could order them on a regular basis instead of splurging and buying a bunch at once like I imagine they do when they think the diapers they want will run out quickly.

I had emailed ABU about this very subject last week and was told late October...so that one month thing definitely appears to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back